Author Topic: Cleveland vs Atlanta  (Read 39805 times)

Re: Cleveland vs Atlanta
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
There's a huge difference: Cleveland is an extremely good defensive and rebounding team. Certainly better in those aspects than Boston sans-Garnett.

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 10:32:42 PM »

Offline Dissent

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Z didn't show up to play tonight and the Cavs still went to town on Atlanta.

LeBron's get his broom out again.

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 10:43:19 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Not surprised. Cleveland is the far superior team. Atlanta doesn't stand a chance. I thought Miami would have given Cleveland a tougher series.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:53:38 PM by BigAlTheFuture »
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
And he'll still average around 1 foul per 48 minutes even though he hacks the living hell out of people and commits multiple 50/50 charge/block fouls.   ;)

Just had to get you going.

I'd laugh if it weren't so absurd. 10 rebounds, 3 steals for James, still 0 fouls. I can't think of another player who's "reputation" for defense is so dependent on the officials turning a blind eye.

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
On the "Who is going to get more FTs this series the Hawks or Lebron" question tonight:

LeBron 9
Hawks 18

Of course take Josh Smith out of the equation and its

LeBron 9
Rest of Hawks 8

I watched the whole first half and saw at least three plays where LeBron could have been called for a foul. He got none. So I shut it off and came to the computer. He ended up with none in 34 minutes. Heck, even the greatest defenders this game has ever seen made at least one foul in 34 minutes. The way he gets preferential treatment is a bigger embarrassment than the Tim Donoughy scandal was.

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
5 fouls in 5 games and he's played almost 200 minutes.

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 06:15:25 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
On the "Who is going to get more FTs this series the Hawks or Lebron" question tonight:

LeBron 9
Hawks 18

LeBron 9
Rest of Hawks 8

I watched the whole first half and saw at least three plays where LeBron could have been called for a foul. He got none. So I shut it off and came to the computer. He ended up with none in 34 minutes. Heck, even the greatest defenders this game has ever seen made at least one foul in 34 minutes. The way he gets preferential treatment is a bigger embarrassment than the Tim Donoughy scandal was.

I thought the same thing but what is even more shocking is that in the 3rd quarter Josh Smith got rejected  by behind both by Joe Smith (not sure) and LeBron, it was a hard foul (Smith ended up on the floor and stayed there for a minute or so) and the refs called a foul. I thought "finally he gets called for a foul!", but guess what? The refs called the foul on Joe Smith. ::)

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69

LeBron 9
Hawks 18

LeBron 9
Rest of Hawks 8

I thought the same thing but what is even more shocking is that in the 3rd quarter Josh Smith got rejected  by behind both by Joe Smith (not sure) and LeBron, it was a hard foul (Smith ended up on the floor and stayed there for a minute or so) and the refs called a foul. I thought "finally he gets called for a foul!", but guess what? The refs called the foul on Joe Smith. ::)
lol i noticed that too, it is ridiculous kobe gets the same treatment

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 11:16:39 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

LeBron 9
Hawks 18

LeBron 9
Rest of Hawks 8

It was actually Wally that was in front and fouled Smith.  Lebron hit the ball.  Sorry, but that's what happened.  Not saying he shouldn't have had a foul in the game, but he didn't foul Smith on that one

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 01:01:12 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
^ There was actually a play with LeBron & Joe Smith, where LeBron did hit the wrist of the player, but it was after Joe Smith bodied whoever it was.

Other than that, I didn't notice any glaring "misses". I'd like for the poster above to detail the three fouls they "could" have called on LeBron in the 1st half. I haven't stumbled upon any Hawks fans complaining about this - it's mostly Celtic fans ;)

During the regular season :
LeBron : 37.7 mins, 1.7 PFs, 10 techs
Andre Iguodala : 39.9 mins, 1.9 PFs, 4 techs
Kevin Durant : 39.0 mins, 1.8 PFs, 1 tech
Brandon Roy : 37.2 mins, 1.6 PFs, 2 techs
Derrick Rose : 37.0 mins, 1.5 PFs, no techs
Allen Iverson : 36.7 mins, 1.5 PFs, 5 techs
Jamal Crawford : 38.1 mins, 1.4 PFs, 4 techs
Tayshaun Prince : 37.3 mins, 1.3 PFs, no techs

*Stolen from realcavsfans.com*
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:49:53 AM by markketch »

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2009, 08:35:19 PM »

Offline Dissent

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Did anybody just see the end of the 1st quarter?

That was DIS-GUS-TING.

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2009, 08:50:10 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I feel the Heat would have given the Cavs a harder challenge,probably wouldn't beat them,but Wade would make LBJ work more.Atlanta looks afraid of LBJ,especially their Bigs.

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Cavs are gonna sweep the Hawks
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 08:57:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Cavs are gonna sweep the Hawks

Ya think!
Yup

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
if the Cavs get to the finals i might get a Delonte jersey, i love em.