Author Topic: Cleveland vs Atlanta  (Read 39938 times)

Re: Cleveland vs Atlanta
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
Not saying I don't respect the effort.  I do not agree with media hype. That's all.

I hate the media hype too, but I also don't like it when fans of any Boston team act like they are unbeatable when that is far from the truth.  When Boston fans do that, they act like a stereotype.  This is partly why fans of other teams hate our teams so much.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2009, 11:12:35 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
So what. Its just confidence. Not saying we are unbeatable at all. Denver is the best team in the NBA. Who is playing better than them, honestly? Where is my Melo, Big Shot and JR Puppett Commercial?

« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2009, 11:13:41 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
I'm not a Boston fan, I only like the Celtics. I like the Phillies, EX-Cowboy fan(until they get rid of Romo), Dolphins, & Oklahoma Sooners.

« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
star18 has a giant obsession with the Cavs.  Has this guy devoted every post of his to try to discredit this Cavs team? Sure as heck seems like it.

Here's a word from the wise - people aren't responding to you or taking you seriously because you're relentlessly annoying with trying to discredit others' opinions.

Give it up or find something else to obsess over.  You got your point across with post #1 - you don't like the Cavs.  You don't need 1,000 more of the same thing over and over. It's become a very tired, boring, broken record.

« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
I never said I don't like the Cavs. All I am doing is typing in stats. Saying we have no chance this year has become a very tired, boring, broken record. Over 25 points in only 11 Qtr's so far out of 32 in the playoffs, its just a stat, its not a giant obsession. If you're not reading those stats anywhere else or haven't had the time to figure them out for yourselves you would realize that I'm not trying to discredit anybody.  All I am doing is giving facts,stats, and information that the media is not giving you.

« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2009, 01:16:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Not saying I don't respect the effort.  I do not agree with media hype. That's all.

I hate the media hype too, but I also don't like it when fans of any Boston team act like they are unbeatable when that is far from the truth.  When Boston fans do that, they act like a stereotype.  This is partly why fans of other teams hate our teams so much.

No, people hate us because were successful.

Were NY circa the 90's, i wouldn't really worry about it. embrace the fact that other fan bases hate good teams who have success. We are the perfect storm because were doing it in a ton of sports, like NY was in the 90's.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Were NY circa the 90's, i wouldn't really worry about it. embrace the fact that other fan bases hate good teams who have success. We are the perfect storm because were doing it in a ton of sports, like NY was in the 90's.

Well...  Not to start anything, but I do think, when taken as a whole, Boston / New York fans are more obnoxious than some others.  People in the Northeast take their sports more seriously, and sometimes "more seriously" can lead to some negative side effects.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2009, 01:43:52 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
All I'm doing is giving a perspective of why we can win. Do you think Tom Coughlin told Strahan, Eli, Tyree and the rest of the boys to pack your bags and go home because the Pats were 18-0? Do you think he said to his team "Guys, look they are 18-0 so you are not going to win, don't try and discredit them because they will always win and you have no chance whatsoever?" Don't think so.

« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Beating the Cavs is possible should we advance. Sure it will be an enormous challenge, but possible. Rondo and Ray will need to dominate Mo and Delonte and PP must somehow find a way to hang with Bron. I don't see that happening but it could. LeBron has looked very human against us at times and we own them at the Garden. But I see us going down in 6 or 7 most likely..

« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2009, 02:10:36 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Beating the Cavs is possible should we advance. Sure it will be an enormous challenge, but possible. Rondo and Ray will need to dominate Mo and Delonte and PP must somehow find a way to hang with Bron. I don't see that happening but it could. LeBron has looked very human against us at times and we own them at the Garden. But I see us going down in 6 or 7 most likely..
a lot can depend on officiating as well...how much they are going to allow Lebron to get away with.

« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Well...  Not to start anything, but I do think, when taken as a whole, Boston / New York fans are more obnoxious than some others.  People in the Northeast take their sports more seriously, and sometimes "more seriously" can lead to some negative side effects.

agreed, but i think alot of it is we were the "lovable losers" that all the cities that don't contend year in and year out could point at and go "at least they fight the good fight vs NY's money"

now were good too, so they can't enjoy our misery as thier own.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion