Author Topic: Bruins Playoff Support Thread  (Read 14676 times)

Re: Bruins Playoff Support Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
canadiens are dead meat  :D ;D

Yeah, things could get ugly in this 3rd period. In the stands, the ice, or both.

The Canadiens didn't even show that kind of "life"...The B's just sucked the life out of them.  A thing of beauty.
Yup

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
4/22/09

Boston 4, Montreal 1

TP #4 for ma11l

Boston 17, Montreal 6 in the series

Michael Ryder- 4 goals, 3 assists

Suck on that you frog leg eating, national anthem booing, long cigarette smoking, fashionably rectangular rimmed glasses wearing, spiked hair styling French Canadian a--holes.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Great night for Boston sports.  The Hurricanes scored two goals with less than a minute left in the 3rd, meaning we play them instead of Pittsburgh.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, I know I'm watching the game tonight to get my mind off Bulls/Celtics for a bit.

Feels like its been forever since the B's last played.  Let's hope there's not too much rust and they go out and lay the smackdown on the Carolina Whalers...err....Hurricanes.

I still miss "Brass Bonanza".

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 05:57:28 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
It'll be interesting to see what happens after the layoff.

Carolina seems like they'll be ready to give a good battle.

GO B's!

Yup

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2009, 02:17:08 PM »

• Don Chaney
In desperate need of a distraction before Game 7 tonight, I'm comforted by how well the Bruins are playing. They destroyed Carolina last night. They outworked, outmuscled, played better defense, had better goaltending, and were generally one step ahead of the Whalers. Great win, 5 down and 11 to go. 5th TP for our OP as well.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
In desperate need of a distraction before Game 7 tonight, I'm comforted by how well the Bruins are playing. They destroyed Carolina last night. They outworked, outmuscled, played better defense, had better goaltending, and were generally one step ahead of the Whalers. Great win, 5 down and 11 to go. 5th TP for our OP as well.

Yeh, they seem pretty sure of themselves out there
Yup

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2009, 03:55:17 PM »

Offline bstnsportsfan3

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
Great Game by the Bruins...this is the best shot they have had at a cup in almost 20 years! Go Bruins!!!!!!!!
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"-Larry Bird

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »

Offline noro

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
  • Welcome to the Loud House
Claude has to win coach of the year. This guy is unbelievable, and to transition this team from the 8 seed to the best team in the east is a testament to him and Chiarelli. Unfortunately, we probably won't be able to keep all our young guys, but this team should be a contender from years to come.

2003 National Champions

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2009, 12:47:15 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I just love the B's chances of winning it all this year. I don't see Carolina being able to score that much against the B's so as long as the PP stays effective, both scoring and preventing, I think the Bruins cruise through to the conference finals. I just don't think Carolina will beat Boston at even strength and that their only hope lies in the power play. Boston in four or five games.

I also like the fact that I think Washington and Pittsburgh will be a long series and that the Bruins could see another rest brfore taking on the winner. Lastly, only Detroit gives me pause as a team that I think could beat the Bruins this year. They may not have the name superstars that Pittsburgh, San Jose, Washington and other teams have but I believe they are far away the best TEAM in the NHL this year.

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »

• Don Chaney
I owe you one more TP. Don't have the heart to wait it out now.