Author Topic: Bulls (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) GAME 7 5/2  (Read 139210 times)

Bulls (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) GAME 7 5/2
« on: May 01, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Chicago Bulls (3-3) at Boston Celtics (3-3)
Saturday, May 2
8:00 PM ET
Postseason Game 7, Home Game 4
TV:   TNT, CSN HD
Pre Game Show:  7:00 PM CSN HD
TD Banknorth Garden 

Probable Starting Matchups
Point Guard
vs
Rajon Rondo  vs  Derrick Rose

Shooting Guard
  vs 
Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon

Small Forward
vs 
Paul Pierce vs John Salmons 

Power Forward
  vs 
Glen Davis vs Tyrus Thomas 

Center
vs 
Kendrick Perkins vs Joakim Noah 

Coach: Doc Rivers
Average Age: 26.7
Average Height: 6-6
Average Weight: 222

Reserves
Mikki Moore
Stephon Marbury
Eddie House
Gabe Pruitt
Bill Walker
Tony Allen
Brian Scalabrine

Key Reserves

Eddie House
The Celtics need more scoring off the bench.   Eddie hit a key jumper in the 3rd OT and hopefully that will jar him out of his slump.  If he can just play enough defense to stay on the floor, he could help the Celtics score points when the starters are out. 

Stephon Marbury
Celtics fans are still waiting for Marbury's break out game.  He has been playing tentatively and still passes up open shots.  When he does take the shot, he is way off most of the time.  The Celtics really need him to break out of whatever slump he is in and give the Celtics some help off the bench.

Brian Scalabrine
Since Doc has been keeping Mikki on the bench until there is no choice to play him,  Scal seems to be it as a back up big.  We need him to play smarter than he has been.  He must play defense and hit the open shot when given it.  The look on his face at times makes me wonder if he is fully recovered from the concussions.   

Injuries:
Kevin Garnett (knee)  out
Leon Powe (knee) out
Paul Pierce  (leg/nose)  will play

Coach: Vinny Del Negro
Average Age: 26.0
Average Height: 6-7
Average Weight: 219

Reserves
Aaron Gray 
Kirk Hinrich
Tim Thomas
Lindsey Hunter
Anthony Roberson
Linton Johnson
Brad Miller

Key Reserves

Brad Miller
Brad Miller is a key big man off the bench and has been playing a lot of minutes for the Bulls.  They will depend on him to help on the boards and to keep pressure on the Celtics big men.  He came up big for them in game 6 and his flopping put at least 2 fouls on Perk.  The Celtics have to find a way to neutralize him without our bigs fouling out in the process. 

Kirk Hinrich
Hinrich is a starting caliber point guard who comes off the bench.  He is a tough defender and can spread the floor with his range.   He has been unconscious from beyond the arc in the last couple of games.  The Celtics must guard him out there and stop his scoring binges. 

Injuries
Luol Deng (shin) out
Jerome James (Achilles)  out   
Ben Gordon (hamstring)  will play

Key Matchups
vs
Rajon Rondo vs Derrick Rose
As with the 6 previous games, as goes the point guard, so goes the team. In game 6, Rose returned to playing aggressively and Rondo seemed tentative much of the game.  He also let Hinrich goad him into losing his cool and his focus and picking up a technical foul.  Rondo must stay focused and out play Rose on both ends of the floor. 

vs
Paul Pierce vs John Salmons
Paul Pierce looked completely spent after the triple OT game 6.  He still had the heart, but physically was out of gas.  He appears to be hurting as well with the leg injury as well as the elbow acting up again and the hit to the nose/mouth that he took.  Salmons has the ability to put up big numbers if the Celtics allow him to.  Pierce must play defense on his even if he is tired.

Honorable Mention
vs
Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon
Ray did all he could to give the Celtics the win in game 6.  He scored 51 points and making Gordon play defense detracted from his offensive game.  Ray had the hot hand but yet the Celtics didn't ride that hand other than bail out shots to save the game at the end of the quarter and OT's.  How much Ray has left remains to be seen.  But the Celtics will need another super human effort from him to pull out this win. 

vs 
Kendrick Perkins vs Joakim Noah
In each game that Perk fouled out of, the Bulls were able to take advantage of his absence.  Perk anchors the defense in the middle and without him, the Bulls can get pretty much anything they want inside.  Perk has to stay out of foul trouble and stay on the court which means that hopefully the refs won't fall for Miller's flops in this game.  Noah has to be the most irritating and annoying player in the league and Perk has got to wipe that ugly smirk off of his face.   

Key DON'T's
Don't start slow.
Don't let up.
Don't play Tony Allen in crunch time. 

Keys to the Game
DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!
There is only one game in which the Celtics have played the kind of defense that they are capable of and the kind of defense that made them champions last season, and that was game 3 where the Celtics won by 21 points.  In that game, the Celtics allowed the Bulls to shoot just 37% from the field and have allowed them to shoot over 40% in every other game including a mind boggling 50% in game 6.  The Celtics must focus on defense.  If they do that, they have a good chance of winning this game.

Ball Movement
In the Celtics three wins, they had more assists than the Bulls and in the 3 losses, they had fewer assists than the Bulls.  In the wins they assisted on 27%, 29%, and 28% of their baskets.  In the losses, 16%, 20% and 22% of the baskets were assisted.   The Celtics must move the ball and find the open man.  ISO's and each player trying to do it on his own won't work.  They have to play team ball if they want to win. 

Rebound
The Celtics have allowed the Bulls to out rebound them in 4 of the 6 games.  The only game where the Celtics had a decided rebounding advantage was game 3.  In most cases the team that wins the rebounding war is the team that wants the game the most.  Much of rebounding is desire and effort and the team that is willing to crash the boards and work harder to get rebounds will be the team that wants the game more.   They must limit the Bulls' put backs and second chance points by beating them to the rebounds.

Focus
The Celtics have seemed to lose their focus in games in by so doing end up playing catch up and trying to play from behind.  They get a lead and then allow the Bulls right back in the game.  They must focus, especially on the defensive end.  They can't allow open shots and layups.  They must keep their team focus and not settle for quick shots or bad shots.  They have to find the open man and keep the Bulls off balance defensively. 

X-Factor
Home Court and Fatigue
The Celtics have played all season for home court advantage in this series.  Now, they have to make it work in their favor.  The Garden has to be loud and the players have to use the energy from their fans to give them energy on the court.  However, the Celtics are wounded and tired and sometimes not even the energy from the crowd can be enough to overcome fatigue and injuries.    Hopefully in this game it will.   

Re: Bulls (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) GAME 7 5/2
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
I'll be at home on time for the start of this one. Who ever wins this game will play the Lakers for that ring. It's not about kg being hurt it's about heart,scalabrine showin heart as well and if kg cant give nothing else he for sure gives us heart from the bench.

I'll see yall fam right here tomorrow evening.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:43:01 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
last but never ever least

tp for cfan for holdin it down!!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Win or go home baby. Win or go home.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Win or go home baby. Win or go home.

that playa is as real as it can get

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'm just glad the game is on a Saturday. I can't stand Sunday games.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:09:12 PM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
This could very well be our last game thread, but I'm in good spirit. Lets GO C'ssssssssssssss!!!!  8)

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
If we win I want someone to fall on top of Joakim Noah and crush him and his girly man hair, i've seen enough of him to last for 10 years....bleh  :-\
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »

Offline Cs09Champs

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Never stop believing baby!
Don't be so negative kheeko! We got this one!

Let's go C's!!!
Let's go C's!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
How about a nice 10 point win!
Yup

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 11:28:39 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
If we win I want someone to fall on top of Joakim Noah and crush him and his girly man hair, i've seen enough of him to last for 10 years....bleh  :-\
That is one reason we HAVE to win this series!   I just can't stand the thought of having to see that smirking ugly mug with the frizzy hair gloating all over the place.  We can't let that happen.  We just can't!   

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
We win this game...... I PROMISE you we will win this game.

Like Bob Dole, the Q keeps his word. He kept his word against Atlanta and Cleveland last year in Game 7s. He kept his word in Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

He goes into his Pregame ritual starting 2 hours before game time. 

Now rest up and get some energy going for tomorrow.

The Eyes of Quiniela are upon you!!!!!

Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP for FL.
Crossing everything I have
and praying a little, too.

GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 12:43:29 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
I am so confident for this game i droppe $200 for corner balcony seats in the last row.  I have been very down on the Celts crowd since last year's playoffs and haven't been to too many games because of that (I prefer to watch at home and save some money if the crowd doesn't add anything special)but I couldn't stay away from this game.  Losing doesn't even cross my mind and all I can visualize is a the crowd losing its mind as we close out the game.... funny though, watching this series I have forgotten about what comes next.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself win or lose.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 01:27:57 AM »

Offline Txusberg

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I think we will win by +10 and Paul Pierce goes for 30 points or more. The only way i will enjoy this series will be if we win tomorrow. In the fourth quarter of game 6 i saw some celtics pride and good basketball. I hope game 7 will be more of that, we can't afford losing at home in game 7. Lets got Celtics!!