Author Topic: Eurobasket 2009  (Read 29895 times)

Re: Eurobasket 2009
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Great day! Spain is really playing like expected in the last 3-4 games and they got their ticket to the Final  :) The team is finally playing great defense and executing well on offense. I'm really excited about this team!

Now Serbia-Slovenia!

Go Spain, go!! ;)

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Great day! Spain is really playing like expected in the last 3-4 games and they got their ticket to the Final  :) The team is finally playing great defense and executing well on offense. I'm really excited about this team!

Now Serbia-Slovenia!

Go Spain, go!! ;)

BOOO Spain BOOO!

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2009, 03:12:12 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton

Now Serbia-Slovenia!

Go Spain, go!! ;)

BOOO Spain BOOO!

Gold Spain Gold!!!!! ;)

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2009, 05:24:22 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
Spain-Serbia will be the Final!

I hope the gold goes to Madrid!!  :D

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
The final is at halftime. Spain is so far dominating Serbia :)

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »

Offline Markeras

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
Campeones! Finally, after 6 (I believe) lost finals in European Championships, our first European gold medal. :D

2006 World Champions
2007 European Finalists
2008 Olympic Finalists
2009 European Champions
... to be continued

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
Campeones!!!!!!!!! Tp para ti, Markeras :)

Spain is European Champion!!!!!!!!!! :D

« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2009, 05:13:29 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
Although we all aknowledge that Spain is the best team (-USA) tha last 4-5 years we must also have in mind that they haven`t won anything! They are not THAT succesfull so imho it`s inexcusable to lack fire and drive to win 

Can we say now that they've won something? ::)

We are the champiooooons!!! ;) ;D

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2009, 03:54:35 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I don`t think so .... Serbia has also won

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2009, 05:14:41 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
I don`t think so .... Serbia has also won

Exactly, that was my point at the beginning of the thread. Spain, Serbia and Greece got their medals and DID win something

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2009, 05:45:20 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Well, Spain was by far the best team. But they were practically the only team at full strength (sans Calderon)...

I am extremely disappointed Slovenia didn`t win a medal. The injuries completely killed us. I have never seen a team have more troubles...Still, we should have won against Serbia...

I hope next year in Turkey we are healthy because we have the quality for a medal...

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2009, 06:40:14 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Well, Spain was by far the best team. But they were practically the only team at full strength (sans Calderon)...

Still they are deeper than the competition. Instead of Calderon they had Rubio. Their 3rd or 4th option in the paint was Reyes.

I am extremely disappointed Slovenia didn`t win a medal. The injuries completely killed us. I have never seen a team have more troubles...Still, we should have won against Serbia...

on the other hand Slovenia did much better than any other tournament. And considering injuries i`d be happy and optimistic.

i`d like to know why they allowed the 3p shot at the end of the semi. I can`t believe that Zdovc didn`t ask for a foul.

random thoughts about the tournament:

I didn`t expect serbia to be this good. The only weird thing is that it`s the first Serbian (or ex yugoslavian team) that can`t make consistently 3p shots.

sofo had a great tournament and this time i hope he`ll grab his chance. I can`t think of a player in Europe that can stop him.

i don`t like the format of the competition.

Next stop 28/8/2010 Turkey

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2009, 07:16:47 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
The most ridiculous thing was the schedule! How can one team have 30 hours more to prepare for the semifinals? Idiotic...

Well, Sofo looked good but it all depends on the refs criteria. He was camping in the paint in the 3rd place game and there were no 3 seconds called. Also he practically wrestled under the basket to gain position and no offensive foul called...

Players that impressed me the most:
Lorbek- he played fantastic, IND is lucky to have his rights, he can certainly play in the NBA...
Teodosic- he was actually in this years draft and went undrafted. Sure, he didn`t have a breathtaking season for Olympiacos but the competition at PG there is huge...I wish we used our pick on him instead of Hudson...

Also Ilyasova, Rudy, Gasol, Spaniulis played great but they are "known" NBA commodity...

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
The most ridiculous thing was the schedule! How can one team have 30 hours more to prepare for the semifinals? Idiotic...

The two group rounds are also stupid.
One group round and then knock outs.

Well, Sofo looked good but it all depends on the refs criteria. He was camping in the paint in the 3rd place game and there were no 3 seconds called. Also he practically wrestled under the basket to gain position and no offensive foul called...

I didn`t watch the last game so i guess he did camp. But about the fouls i think it`s the other way around (not always of course).

Teodosic- he was actually in this years draft and went undrafted. Sure, he didn`t have a breathtaking season for Olympiacos but the competition at PG there is huge...I wish we used our pick on him instead of Hudson...

I`m sold yet about Teodosic. his seasons in Greece have been avaerage at best. In this  tournament he was indeed very good but he has to maintain this kind of performance.

I expected something more from Koufos (he had some health issues though) and from the lithuania as a team

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2009, 09:18:58 AM »

Offline Markeras

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
Campeones!!!!!!!!! Tp para ti, Markeras :)

Spain is European Champion!!!!!!!!!! :D

Te lo devuelvo, campeon ;) Ya iba siendo hora, eh? Yo he tenido que esperar 29 años, manda huevos!