Author Topic: 2009 Free Agents  (Read 18454 times)

Re: 2009 Free Agents
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
If they Celtics go cheap, Nesterovic and Udoke for the vets minimum would be fine.

Yeah, from a fan's point of view I think these types of low cost options are smart to consider.  Let's be realistic and realize that Artest, Bibby and Sheed won't be willing to split the MLE to come here. 
I think Rasho, splitting the MLE with someone else, would be just fine.  I think you misunderestimate who's vet min and who's an MLE-split guy.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
Dahntay Jones, anyone?

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Dahntay Jones, anyone?

Dahntay would be amazing on this team but I don't think we'll be able to afford him, especially since he doesn't fit our biggest needs (backup SF and C).  I'd love to see him in green though, despite the whole Duke thing.

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Sorry, but could you tell me who Mike Chaffy is?

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2009, 09:47:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've been championing this guy for years now and someone else has already brought him up but Ime Freakin Udoka would make us a much better team.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Another Duke guy who has put in some great contributions to the Kings off the bench....Shelden Williams.

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2009, 11:11:03 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
After looking at the list of players who are going to be free agents next year, I believe we'll keep House and Marbury and let Mikki walk. Davis will get a decent contract and Powe will get an incentive laiden one. If only Mikki goes I want to see a big man from Detroit coming our way, Rasheed, Kwame or McDyess.
If Eddy leaves and we need a scorer off the bench? AI or Bobby Jackson.
I think you see us going with as many big guys as we can fit on our roster next year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:22 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
After looking at the list of players who are going to be free agents next year, I believe we'll keep House and Marbury and let Mikki walk. Davis will get a decent contract and Powe will get an incentive laiden one. If only Mikki goes I want to see a big man from Detroit coming our way, Rasheed, Kwame or McDyess.
I think you see us going with as many big guys as we can fit on our roster next year.

Kwame is a bum and worthless. Rasheed just said he won't play for less than 8 mil per year. Mcdyess would be a very good addition.

Doesn't Mikki have another year on his contract? If so he can be the 3rd big. His play isn't near as bad as everyone tries to make out. Forget re-inforcing that third center spot and instead focus on getting a big defensive SF, a bigger defensive SG (to replace TA) and a bigger athletic PF to give us insurance for Powe. We need size. Mikki doesn't hurt us in that regard.

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2009, 12:08:18 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

I don't think you can GIVE incentive laden contracts in the NBA can you?

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2009, 12:42:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I've got a feeling Sheed or McDyess are coming to Boston this summer. There's no way they'll stay in Detroit after this train wreck of a season. They can make a big impact on this team and get 1 more title. We'll see...

as long as they don't go to cleveland or LA I'll be happy

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Kwame is a bum and worthless. Rasheed just said he won't play for less than 8 mil per year. Mcdyess would be a very good addition.

Doesn't Mikki have another year on his contract? If so he can be the 3rd big. His play isn't near as bad as everyone tries to make out. Forget re-inforcing that third center spot and instead focus on getting a big defensive SF, a bigger defensive SG (to replace TA) and a bigger athletic PF to give us insurance for Powe. We need size. Mikki doesn't hurt us in that regard.

Mikki is gone.  His contract is up at the end of the season, and I cannot see them inviting him back.

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2009, 12:55:12 PM »

Offline silverb

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think we should sign Marbury back. Give him a full summer camp.

I think Grant Hill could be a very good back up to PP...but I do think we need a center to back up Perkins. Theo Ratliff comes to mind

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672

Kwame is a bum and worthless.

Just wanted to pitch in my thoughts on this comment.  Kwame as a starting center, like Detroit tried to use him for much of the season, is indeed a bum and worthless.  As a backup center, however, I think we can do a lot worse (although I'd undoubtedly prefer Sheed or Dyess over him).  He's long and can bang, and he's relatively agile on the defensive end for a center.  He has no offensive game, but if he's sharing the court with BBD, Marbury and House and ideally Grant Hill or another competent backup SF then I don't really think we need an offensive contribution from him.  Again, he's not the best option available, but I could learn to live with him for a reasonable salary.

With all of that said, I thought he had another year on his deal in Detroit?

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2009, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline Dissent

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
You've got to assume there's going to be some pretty stiff competition for big guys this year. Cleveland is going to be trying hard to pick up Sheed. Every year they have to be assuming it's Igelskus's last year. He's old and injury prone.

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Partial List:

PG
Mike Bibby, Jason Kidd, AI, Brevin Knight, Tyronn Lue, Andre Miller, Ronnie Price

SG/SF
Matt Barnes, Grant Hill, Donyell Marshall, Ben Gordon, Wally Z, Dahntay Jones, Ron Artest, Walter Hermann, Anthony Parker, Shawn Marion, Ime Udoka, Trevor Ariza, Desmond Mason, Mo Pete, Darius Miles, Stromile Swift

PF/C
Lamar Odom, Drew Gooden, Joe Smith , McDyess, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Andersen, Zaza Pachulia, Rasho Nesterovic, Jarron Collins, Jason Collins, Melvin Ely, Chris Wilcox, Theo Ratliff, Marcin Gortat

Mascot
Will Solomon, Gerald Green

I would love to have Sheed but he'd command ALOT of $$ and probably want a big role.Wilcox always interested me a little bit. Grant Hill and D-miles I would love to have in green since they are tall/long and can be put in several spots. As for PG re-sign Starbury, let Pruitt leave.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!