Author Topic: Who thinks they know college basketball really well?  (Read 5768 times)

Re: Who thinks they know college basketball really well?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 02:22:41 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
My top 2 picks are DaJuan Summers and Sam Young.  Both possess the athleticism to play in the league, both have good outside shots, and both play defense.  I'd be happy with either of them coming in, and really being the guy who takes over for Pierce in 3-4 years.

I'm a big GTown fan, so I've seen my fair share of Hoyas hoops the last 3 years. The thing is DaJuan Summers hasn't impressed me since his Freshman year.  He has some skill, but he just doesn't seem to have his head on straight basketball-wise.  Reminds me ALOT of Tony Allen. Has an ok shot (but I wouldn't say good) and mediocre  ballhandling skills, drives with his head down alot, has some physical skills and could be a good defender, but seems to make a lot of bad descisions.  I'm telling you make Tony Allen about 3" taller, and just shift him over from his primary position of SG to SF and you have DeJuan Summers.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Re: Who thinks they know college basketball really well?
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
As prospects I like Terrance Williams, Sam Young, James Jones and a few others.  However.  I don't believe the Celtics can do the prospect thing next year. 

Therefore, if we had a pick in the later first round, I'd take Tyler Hansborough, who is said to be 6' 9".

I hope to God we resign Powe, but I expect nothing from him next year other than perhaps the ability to play without pain by the end of the year.  And it's time to limit Garnett's minutes, if only a tad, so that fatigue doesn't create an increased likelihood of injury.

So, we've got to resign Baby and add Tyler Hansborough, who I believe will develop a good if not great jumper inside the arc.  We need mistake-free play next year, and Tyler's set up well to deliver that.  I know Sam Young's also a senior, but he's a bit behind Tyler H. in terms of readiness.  We've got Bill Walker and Giddens as our inexperienced guys to incorporate.  Let's add an experienced dude if we get the chance...

Then, when Powe comes back next year or the year after, the Celts can deal 1 or 2 of their backup power forwards if they find the right trade....