Author Topic: this may be getting ridiculous...  (Read 19069 times)

Re: this may be getting ridiculous...
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
It's kind of funny how people always seem to view a kid in high school or college as cheating himself or herself if he goes pro. For a lot of these kids it may be their only opportunity to make a good living. How many of you can honestly say if you were going to make hundreds of thousands or more likely millions of dollars would not go?

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

US soccer has a program where they identify and recruit talented young players and have them live and study and train in Bradenton, Fl. They are sometimes drafted by MLS teams by when they're 16. It used to make the headlines for players to miss games for things like proms or graduation but not so much anymore. You sometimes read about players on teams that aren't old enough to drive yet.

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 09:02:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have no problem with Brandon Jennings foregoing college in favor of Europe until he was eligible for the draft.

But Jeremy Tyler has dropped out of high school to go play in Europe for 2 years until he is eligible for the draft. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/basketball/boys/news/story?id=4090570

I wonder if we will see a kid/kids skip high school entirely in favor of making some cash in Europe
The ridiculousness is in direct proportion to how much he gets paid. Greed is good.

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Thats not getting ridiculous.. Your telling me if a guy was saying hey you can be the CEO of this company and make Millions of dollars without going to College you wouldn't? Please good for these kids.