Author Topic: Heroic and Rajon Rondo is unreal  (Read 5676 times)

Heroic and Rajon Rondo is unreal
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I am still not going back on my thought that we will not win a title this year. We are a walking MASH unit at this point and the league wants Lebron in the finals. (If you do not believe in stars getting ref help, read the recent article about how Lebron fouls less than any player of his stature EVER.)But tonight is the reason I love the Celtics. They just kept fighting. And oh, by the way, who other than Chris Paul or Deron Williams would you take over Rondo? That was one of the most unbelievable performances I have ever seen by a Celtic. I still want us to try to get a first rounder this draft to get some length but Rondo makes me worry a little less about our future. Simply amazing how he makes players better and made Rose look human on a bum ankle. Rajon Rondo simply is at another level with all-around point guard play. I worry that the C's can get out of the first round so banged up. They are 7 and 13 in series after losing game one but this is a tough team that deserves our admiration, love and respect no matter what. Bleed Green!

Re: Heroic and Rajon Rondo is unreal
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:34:42 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
TP.....Rondo is such a gamer....16 assists to 2 turnovers (i say one is eddies fault),,,,almost impossible, nevermind 12 rebs
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:39:40 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Get Rondo a PF with soft hands, finishes well, runs the floor, and rebounds, we'll be set for years.

To bad those type of players don't just fall out of trees. :P

I think Rondo's ceiling as a player is a lot higher than we thought.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo was amazing.

Perk has been great both games as well.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:49:14 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I remember earlier in the year when I said that Rondo would end up being a better player then DJ. I caught more then a little heck for that comment. Does anyone care to comment on the comparison now?

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:59:22 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Rondo showed he can be a superstar in this league tonight, not just a star, but a bonafide all-star, potential hof type player (of course some will say its just one game, but he put the team on his back tonight)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:11:37 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Get Rondo a PF with soft hands, finishes well, runs the floor, and rebounds, we'll be set for years.

you mean like a Kevin Garnett?

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 11:20:55 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I am sure Danny can get a good PF between 18 and 25 in the draft this year. That is why I keep saying we must buy a pick from someone.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

you mean like a Kevin Garnett?

tru tru....but i think Manup means a young buck that scores near the hoop....if rondo ala AL...not suggesting that id rather AL that KG,,,just that Rondo would go bananas wit an AL
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 03:55:19 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
Whats Rondos contract with Boston?

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 04:52:32 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I am sure Danny can get a good PF between 18 and 25 in the draft this year. That is why I keep saying we must buy a pick from someone.

I'd kill for Jordan Hill, really. If we can make a trade for him with expiring contracts, and whatever else I'd be extatic.

But, yea. Rondo is amazing. And I would like to restate what I said back at the beginning of the season; if we somehow win the championship again, Rondo is Finals MVP.

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:34:06 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I remember earlier in the year when I said that Rondo would end up being a better player then DJ. I caught more then a little heck for that comment. Does anyone care to comment on the comparison now?
I'm with you.  DJ was an extemely solid player for a long time frame, but you can already make the case that Rondo is better.  His last two games have been simply amazing.  I also took a little heck in the the beginning of the year when I expressed dissapointment in Rondo's play because I felt he could be an elite point guard.  Most people told me that I was overreacting because Rondo just didn't have the potential to be a truly great point guard.  I was told my expectations were too high.  Well, as of right now Rondo very much appears to be in the Deron Williams/Chris Paul class of point guards.  Rondo has truly played like a superstar when it matters most.  He is a special player.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Just think the last main post on rondo was how bad sorry overrated he is defensively.  Had to read a post like that AND ray allen post.  Too many posters overreact.  Rose is a wonderful pg and is going to be great.  We have the young pg with the most upside in league in rondo.  Chris Paul is it, maybe ever and is already as good as he will get (which is really good).  Deron Williams another great  young guard then imo rondo.  He has played with at times 2 bad ankles this year but put up great numbers and is arguably our mvp (pp in my book) in his 3rd year.
Can't wait for game 3, both games even our loss have been really fun to watch.  I think/hope we have seen the best chicago can offer and we haven't had our best games so we should be able to beat them out.
Very nice job by springfields vinny d coaching.

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 08:24:46 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

To bad those type of players don't just fall out of trees. :P

I think Rondo's ceiling as a player is a lot higher than we thought.

We should have tried to get Tyrus Thomas or Noah from Chicago when they were both disgruntled players and Chicago wasn't sure they wanted to keep either one.  Now they are playing so well that there is no way they let either one go. :-\ 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:59 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Rondo has OFFICIALLY turned the corner.  He is now a bonafied star.  STAR, i tell you!!!!