Author Topic: D-League Playoffs: Bakersfield (8) at Utah (2)  (Read 8797 times)

Re: D-League Playoffs: Bakersfield (8) at Utah (2)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 12:17:21 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Sloppy game.

Giddens reminds me a lot of Tony Allen defensively. He has terrific tools, but he needs to keep the focus and the concentration. He over-commits too easily, falls for head-fakes, etc. On the other hand, his rebounding is pretty much flawless - he's truly terrific for his position.  Offensively, he's a good cutter, I think, moving very well, quick footed, but once again I haven't seen him doing anything else at a high level. If I were Giddens, this Summer I'd essentially work on 2 things: outside shooting, especially on the catch, and defensive fundamentals.

If Trey Johnson could play a little bit smarter, he'd be a very solid NBA player. By far the best player on the floor.

i wish Paul Pierce could take home Billy Walker, and Ray Allen take home JR. But of course these guys have families. But on the other hand, thats the type of stuff that brings championships.

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 01:32:58 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Sloppy game.

Giddens reminds me a lot of Tony Allen defensively. He has terrific tools, but he needs to keep the focus and the concentration. He over-commits too easily, falls for head-fakes, etc. On the other hand, his rebounding is pretty much flawless - he's truly terrific for his position.  Offensively, he's a good cutter, I think, moving very well, quick footed, but once again I haven't seen him doing anything else at a high level. If I were Giddens, this Summer I'd essentially work on 2 things: outside shooting, especially on the catch, and defensive fundamentals.

If Trey Johnson could play a little bit smarter, he'd be a very solid NBA player. By far the best player on the floor.

i wish Paul Pierce could take home Billy Walker, and Ray Allen take home JR. But of course these guys have families. But on the other hand, thats the type of stuff that brings championships.

I'd rather see them working out with real coaches. David Hopla or Mark Price to improve their outside shooting would be nice.

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Sloppy game.

I'd rather see them working out with real coaches. David Hopla or Mark Price to improve their outside shooting would be nice.

Giddens issue though is that he's overwhealmed by the names of players on the court, maybe pierce can get him in some summer street games with nike guys.

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 05:46:38 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Sloppy game.

Giddens issue though is that he's overwhealmed by the names of players on the cour
t, maybe pierce can get him in some summer street games with nike guys.

We'll have to disagree here. I mean, if he's intimidated by sharing the court with names like Trey Johnson, Justin Reed and Kosta Koufos, then he'll never be ready to play in the NBA. I'm sure he's not that mentally weak; he looks assertive and confident enough from my perspective.