Author Topic: Asher Roth  (Read 7461 times)

Re: Asher Roth
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
very disappointed in the album

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »

Offline DeStefano2004

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • I cant wait to NOT watch "Kobe Doin work"
Asher Roth is terrible
Practice?...I mean...we talking about..Practice..not even like a game...but...practice

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I've only heard the "A Milli" freestyle and I love it. I can see myself not liking anything else by him though. That song just happens to be my kind of subject matter.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 11:34:42 PM »

Offline frosty33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
cant wait for the asher roth and kid cudi concert next month, the new house of blues seems pretty cool too

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Not a big Roth or Cudi fan, think they are solid, but I may go to that show.  B.o.B is also on the card and even if he only goes for 20 minutes, it'll be worth it, the guy is very talented, and I'd love to check him out live.
do it

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 10:25:21 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Asher has potential but his lyrics are just so amateur to me. He's like an NBA player who got drafted out of High School, he shows flashes but really should have went to college (worked the underground scene a little bit) before dropping his album. He's to much of a pushover to be a rapper too. Did anyone hear him on the radio with that dude that kept making him rap over Eminem beats? Asher refused to after like the 3rd beat and the host got disrespectful... Asher just sat there and took it. It really showed his tentativeness and immaturity IMO.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 10:27:26 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
So because he respected Eminem and didn't feel as if he should keep going over Em's beats he's immature and not hard enough to be a rapper?
do it

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
So because he respected Eminem and didn't feel as if he should keep going over Em's beats he's immature and not hard enough to be a rapper?

Actually, that isn't what I said or implied at all...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
I actually prefer Asher's freestyles and mixtapes to his actual album. He easily had one of the sickest flows on his Asher Roth's Day Off mixtape when he spit over the "Know The Ledge" beat. He is definitely talented and possibly at the top of this supposed "new school" of hip hop artists such as B.O.B, Kid Cudi, Charles Hamilton, Drake, etc.

Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell

Actually, that isn't what I said or implied at all...

No, but from what I've heard that's why he didn't do it.  He doesn't want the Eminem comparisons and is doing whatever he can do to not let them come through. 

I actually prefer Asher's freestyles and mixtapes to his actual album. He easily had one of the sickest flows on his Asher Roth's Day Off mixtape when he spit over the "Know The Ledge" beat. He is definitely talented and possibly at the top of this supposed "new school" of hip hop artists such as B.O.B, Kid Cudi, Charles Hamilton, Drake, etc.

I think Drake will be the best.  Drake and Wale are my two favorites out of the new school group, but I am just glad it's going in the direction of real hip hop.  Going towards the Nas style instead of rapping about drugs, murder, hoes.
do it