Author Topic: Isiah Thomas new coaching job!  (Read 7889 times)

Re: Isiah Thomas new coaching job!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Uh-oh. Isiah on a college campus with college girls? Someone needs to make this a reality show.

The Stephon Marbury Truck Party, coming to a campus near you.  You getting in or what? ;D

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think he may end up doing a good job.  He's not going to bring in any top top recruits, but I bet you he'll bring in some pretty good ones just because of his name.  If you were an 18 year old point guard, wouldn't you want to get to play for someone who is considered one of the best point guards of all time, as well as for someone who can help you get into the NBA.
do it

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If I'm an FIU player right now I'm probably a little excited. Not so if I'm alumni, but I'd probably reserve judgement. He should be able to get better recruits than other teams in his league (Sun Belt?), especially at point guard, and he might produce one whole pro in a few years, but even saying that I still think he'll basically fail. 

The thing is of course, what does FIU have to lose? They're a losing program so even if he fails he doesn't fail so much more than anyone else and it kinda puts them on the map a little and might attract slightly better coaches in the future even after he's gone

But I hope they didn't pay him money in American dollars or anything