Author Topic: Please rest Paul and Ray for the last 2 games  (Read 1088 times)

Please rest Paul and Ray for the last 2 games
« on: April 14, 2009, 12:08:25 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Both Paul and Ray are averaging more MPG than last year.  Paul in particular played heavy minutes in February and March averaging 41.1 and 39.5 respectively.  In April Ray played his normal minutes shooting only 38% from the field and averaging only 14.2 PPG.  I say give these guys the last 2 games off to recover from whatever nicks they might have and be fresh for the playoffs.   By playing the first playoff game this Saturday I would think they would still be sharp.

The side benefit by doing this is you give TA plenty of playing time the last 2 games to work out some kinks before the playoffs and even give Walker some more burn as you never know you might need him if others are in foul trouble or hurt.  Why stop there I would even give Rondo a break and give Marbury starter minutes to make sure he is ready to go. 

What do you guys think?

Re: Please rest Paul and Ray for the last 2 games
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:22:40 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Agreed. TP

Re: Please rest Paul and Ray for the last 2 games
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:30:42 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i don't want them to sit out, but i think that TA and Walker should get alot of time here. i also think that Rondo should sit and watch for a little as well.

Marbury, House, TA, Walker, Moore  

As much of an undersized lineup that is, we will probably have it out there some time during the early rounds of the playoffs.