1 (2.1%)
Dwight Howard
2 (4.3%)
Chris Paul
1 (2.1%)
Other
5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: NBA MVP  (Read 19856 times)

NBA MVP
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:29 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
So what is the consensus here?  Personally, I dont think it is close, but I am curious to see what the rest of the blog thinks....

Re: NBA MVP
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i dont see scalabrine..oh he must be "other"

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Anyone who says anything other then lebron james must be smoking something strong...this is a no-brainer
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I am smoking something strong and I still think it's LeBron in a walk  ;).  More interesting would be ranking everyone else: I've got

1. LeBron
2. Wade (a bunch of rookies and fading vets for teammates, and they're probably the 5 seed)
3. Paul (that team doesn't win 30 games without him)
4. Howard (a lot fewer open 3s if he's off the court)
5. Kobe (not trying to be a Kobe hater but the Lakers are still a 50-win team without him)

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I'm not smoking anything, the Cavs without LBJ win 40 ish games. The Heat without DWade are lucky to win 10. That to me is a no brainer.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
I'm not smoking anything, the Cavs without LBJ win 40 ish games. The Heat without DWade are lucky to win 10. That to me is a no brainer.

i mentioned that in another today..james got mucho talent around him..wade really is alone

james got a center that can hit 15 footers?...nuff said

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
(sorry mods)
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 08:00:36 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
I'm sure you know better than to think that has anything to do with who will actually win it, though. It's Lebron hands down, and it's hands down a useless award.
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

The cavs without Lebron win 40 games? um thats not very realistic.

Dwade isnt even in the same league as Lebron, and is no more deserving of the MVP then Chris Paul.
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 09:21:02 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

The cavs without Lebron win 40 games? um thats not very realistic.

Dwade isnt even in the same league as Lebron, and is no more deserving of the MVP then Chris Paul.

If the Philedelphia 76ers can win 40 games, a defensive minded LeBron less Cleveland can too.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
I'm sure you know better than to think that has anything to do with who will actually win it, though. It's Lebron hands down, and it's hands down a useless award.

I know it has little to do with it, but it should have more to do with it. Put aside the fact that DWade is having a better statistical season on a worse team, he has morphed into possibly the best pound for pound, inch by inch, defending superstar in the NBA. Really, there isn't as much difference between DWade and Lebron right now as there is made out to be (Obviously LeBron's ceiling is higher, because it might just be limitless). Couple all this with the fact that he took a collection of players who had no business being in the playoffs to the 5th seed, he should be the MVP.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton

I know it has little to do with it, but it should have more to do with it. Put aside the fact that DWade is having a better statistical season on a worse team, he has morphed into possibly the best pound for pound, inch by inch, defending superstar in the NBA. Really, there isn't as much difference between DWade and Lebron right now as there is made out to be (Obviously LeBron's ceiling is higher, because it might just be limitless). Couple all this with the fact that he took a collection of players who had no business being in the playoffs to the 5th seed, he should be the MVP.

Fo sho, same as Iverson for a decade and Shaq for half a decade, most valuable and player of the year should be different awards.
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

I totally agree with you, KCath. TP.

Wade

- Lifts his team higher (in terms of overall change in wins)
- scores more
- defends better

Seems pretty clear cut to me that Wade should be MVP, even though, oddly enough, I would choose LeBron over DWade in a fantasy draft; mostly because of his aforementioned limitless ceiling. 
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
LeBron by a mile. Best player by far - the only player at an All-Star level - in the best team in the league. Without him, the Cavs aren't even close of being a playoffs team.

ps - Wade and James are very close statistically, except on rebounding and shooting efficiency (ts%, pps) - and LeBron leads in both.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Wade because of how important he is to him team (synonym would be valuable)

If Lebron was out they wouldn't dominate but a lineup of

Mo Williams, Delonte West, Wally Szezrzbzizazk, Joe Smith, Big Z could defenitly win you some games.

4/5 of those guys are defenite starters, for Miami i can't even name there starters for a given night.

against an above average team if Lebron scores 50 they win by 20. If Wade scores 50 they win by single digits, or lose.