Author Topic: CAVS-Homecourt Overblown  (Read 2865 times)

CAVS-Homecourt Overblown
« on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »

Offline RedVision

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
I just feel that the whole home court playoff thing is a bit over hyped. Any championship caliber team can win on another teams court on any given night in the playoffs. (Last year i understand what happened) So the cavs are going all out to make sure that they have home court throughout the playoffs. Thats all fine and dandy. However once you loose 1 ONE SINGLE game on ur home court the whole thing is Blown. Now ur the one in panic mode because what you deemed so important, homecourt has just shifted. Does anybody else feel this way? You work hard the whole season to get homecourt wish means nothing aside from you MUST win every game at home to keep it.

Re: CAVS-Homecourt Overblown
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 01:41:07 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I just feel that the whole home court playoff thing is a bit over hyped. Any championship caliber team can win on another teams court on any given night in the playoffs. (Last year i understand what happened) So the cavs are going all out to make sure that they have home court throughout the playoffs. Thats all fine and dandy. However once you loose 1 ONE SINGLE game on ur home court the whole thing is Blown. Now ur the one in panic mode because what you deemed so important, homecourt has just shifted. Does anybody else feel this way? You work hard the whole season to get homecourt wish means nothing aside from you MUST win every game at home to keep it.

So you think Boston wins Game 7 in Cleveland last year?  I sure don't.  Anyone can lose at home, very true, but it's much easier to win at home than on the road

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's not overhyped because HCA means you must win every game at home, or one or more on the road, but not having HCA means you must win every game at home, AND at least one on the road (+1 for every home loss).  Plus the team with HCA wins most series, although that's confounded with the HCA squad usually being a better team.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Generally it has been overblown this season,  I mean how many times before last season did you see a team need homecourt throughout to win it all, very rarely actually... but in the case of the cavs and celtics, clearly it means everything, celtics havent won in cleveland in 11 games, and cleveland cant seem to win here...
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Another thing with the Cavs is that they are not great on the road. We spanked them with no KG on our court this year. There have been a bunch of games this year where they have not played well on the road against worthy opponents.

Ponder this scenario: Boston steals one of the first two games in Cleveland, and then wins both in Boston. Boom, Boston goes up in the series 3-1 and then closes the Cavs out in Game 6. I feel as if this is the most likely outcome for a Celtics series win. Winning twice in Cleveland will be really, really hard. But that's what they said about Detroit, too.

I think the Celtics would have won Game 7 were it in Cleveland last year, but that's something to argue until the cows come home. Would Lebron have gone for 50 instead of 45? Would Pierce have dropped 35? There are too many question marks and the C's came up with the big plays and the Cavs didn't.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 02:20:11 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Ponder this scenario: Boston steals one of the first two games in Cleveland, and then wins both in Boston. Boom, Boston goes up in the series 3-1 and then closes the Cavs out in Game 6.

Or Boston loses both in Cleveland and Cleveland steals one in Boston, and goes back to their home court where they lost once all year up 3-1. HCA is very very important...

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I'll keep echoing my prediction on every board that addresses this (so that I can say "I told you so" when it happens).  Boston in 6 with Game 5 being the game we win in Cleveland.  Game 6 will be a classic with the C's pulling it off. 

RAcker has spoken.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

Offline Carhole

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 63
Love the positive attitude but lets not kid ourselves.

For this team, The Cavs, it is a huge deal. They are a completely different team at home and they are 39-1 the only loss was a close game to the lakers. That is something special. To paraphrase the grat Mr. Berra "(sports) our 90% mental the other half is physical"

The C's can win the series but I would feel more confident if we had the HCA.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Another thing with the Cavs is that they are not great on the road. We spanked them with no KG on our court this year. There have been a bunch of games this year where they have not played well on the road against worthy opponents.

They have the same road record as us...that theory is flawed...they have one of the best road records in the league
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
everyone sunday was sayin  "oh..it's ok if we lose, this game is not important"

this was the game to win. not so much for the Celtic's, doc will def get it together, but i think a win would have eased are mind about bout facing james n em in the east finals..

im not worried bout cleveland...7 games

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
everyone sunday was sayin  "oh..it's ok if we lose, this game is not important"

this was the game to win. not so much for the Celtic's, doc will def get it together, but i think a win would have eased are mind about bout facing james n em in the east finals..

im not worried bout cleveland...7 games

i like you style. We only need one at their house and we got them where we want them. I went on thier blog after we won in boston this year and it was exactly a mirror image of what we have this site. I wanted to win bad yesterday, but this is one game and we know boston can play better then that. Why does everyone have to yell the sky is falling over one horrible nut check game, I dont get it. I undestand about the health concern, but if we are close to 80% we get 18.

TP for the positve thought
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
HCA is not overblown, but it can be overcome.

The C's must match the Cavs intensity and take the crowd emotion out of the equation -- for at least part of the game.  They'll need to put themselves in position to steal a game in the end.  But there will be NO easy win in Cleveland and remember that Cleveland will just as likely have a big game in Boston -- the Cs will need to hold them off at least once, probably more than once. 

I don't love our chances against Cleveland in the ECF this year, but I can be convinced to believe -- if KG and Powe come back strong.

I believe Perk's improvement is a key this year -- his timing keeps getting better and his offense has been a bonus at times.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 07:49:28 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
Not only is homecourt overblown, so was this game to epic porportions.  When has a regular season game ever meant something to a team that has already clinched its spot in the post season.  Never.  Yet because it was the Celtics who lost the media took the story and ran with it. First of all, dont' say the refs had nothing to do with it. Here are the facts from the game. Cleveland had a 9 minute stretch where they went on a 27-5 run. Then for 23 minutes before Lebron hit those two threes at the end of the 3rd Qtr Boston outscored Cavs by 2 points. Overall for the 2nd and 3rd Qts Cavs outscored Boston by 4 points.   How is that a blowout? Cavs 10 days ago got blownout by the Magic, they got beat by a good margin every Qtr and were down 41 points near the end of the 3rd QTR that's a blowout. Now the media thinks the Cavs are the greatest team on earth, really after being down 41 points to Orlando.   Game 6 of the Finals last year was a blowout Boston outscored Lakers in every quarter.  A 9 minute stretch is not a blowout. Now here is the play that started the 27-5 run. Lebron plows through Rondo after he passed to Varrejeo for a dunk. That was the exact same play when BBD passed to Perkins and we got a dunk in Boston that would have put us up by 7 in the 1st on our way to a real blowout. BBD was called for an offensive foul, Lebron was not.  It was the exact same play.  Not only that, we were without KG & Powe and guess what Ben Wallace got hurt in the game and is playoff status is in jeopardy so what happened yesterday was no where near what the media is making it out to be