Author Topic: All This Complainin  (Read 3178 times)

All This Complainin
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:14:38 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
I cannot believe how badly the Cavs complain.  Ive been reading on this site about how the Cavs are always complaining, especially Mike Brown but jesus today they proved everyone right.  I remember the score being at least a 30 point lead the Celtics got an offensive foul called that was questionable and the next immediate play it seemed as if the refs made up for it with a call on Lebron, that seemed legitimate to me anyway.  Next thing you know LeBron is complainin in the refs face Mike Browns on the court again doing more of the same and everybody just takes it.  Absolutely unbelievable how much they were complaining, in a BLOWOUT nonetheless.  If you cant get favorable refereeing in a 30 pt blowout how can you expect to win a home game against these guys in the playoffs. 

BTW Jeff Van Gundy admitted his everlasting love LeBron when he was praising the almight James.  This also showed how hard the media is pushing for this Kobe-Lebron final.  Theyre brainwashing America to love this guy as much as they do.  Every other thing out of Jackson/Gundy/Breen's mouth is a compliment to James.

One last thing anyway see the 4 steps Lebron took when he powered through Rondo for the three point play.  Loved that play too and how none of the announcers seemed to notice that he did it after 10 consecutive replays.
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Re: All This Complainin
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I agree with you about the Cavs constant complaining...Mike Brown comes from the Spurs coaching mold so he has training in the complaint department.

To your other point, if the Celts had come to play today maybe the announcers would have some thing, ANYTHING good to say about them. Its tough not to heap love on the Lebrons after they demolished the Cs like that.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:34:15 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

BTW Jeff Van Gundy admitted his everlasting love LeBron when he was praising the almight James.  This also showed how hard the media is pushing for this Kobe-Lebron final.  Theyre brainwashing America to love this guy as much as they do.  Every other thing out of Jackson/Gundy/Breen's mouth is a compliment to James.

Another thing about LeBron: He's really good.  While it would benefit the league and the media to have him on the big stage, it seems a bit ridiculous to be talking about "brainwashing America to love this guy as much as they do."  He's the best player in basketball.  Thus, he earns a fair amount of praise.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:24:26 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
A little bit off-topic - but I think JVG is being quite sarcastic when he sings LeBaby's praise.

Sorry - not much else to add here.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Lebron is really good no question. He and his team are whiners though. Brown in particular. Don't they fine coaches for that kind of thing?
It would be nice if Lebron didn't get all the calls he did. He'd still be really good but the games would be better.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
if you want to see just how prima dona this CLE team have become just look at Lebron's reaction to getting called for a foul on Pierce shooting a three while his team was up by like 25....

could the guys have made more of a spectacle about having a foul called on him in a game that was a complete blow out?

personally, this CLE team is now rivaling those late 80s Pistons teams in terms of unlikability.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 10:27:01 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
if you want to see just how prima dona this CLE team have become just look at Lebron's reaction to getting called for a foul on Pierce shooting a three while his team was up by like 25....

could the guys have made more of a spectacle about having a foul called on him in a game that was a complete blow out?

personally, this CLE team is now rivaling those late 80s Pistons teams in terms of unlikability.

Sorry, but for me the Lakers always take the cake.  If comes to the Cavs vs. Lakers, I love the Cavs...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 10:31:51 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Sorry, but for me the Lakers always take the cake.  If comes to the Cavs vs. Lakers, I love the Cavs...

I'm no Laker fan, and i have all the suitable dislike for Kobe, but i haven't seen a team so self-impressed as this Cavs squad since those Pistons teams.

they are outraged by every single foul called on them.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 10:35:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I'm no Laker fan, and i have all the suitable dislike for Kobe, but i haven't seen a team so self-impressed as this Cavs squad since those Pistons teams.

They're the ones with the honor of aiding the "Chosen1"

They are pretty self-impressed. But i guess if they keep winning there is some reason for it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 10:41:37 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

They're the ones with the honor of aiding the "Chosen1"

They are pretty self-impressed. But i guess if they keep winning there is some reason for it.

we can't let that happen because IMO we are the only team capable of beating them...

gosh, i hope KG is able to be pretty close to his healthy self.

we are going to need that weak-side threat of Rondo to KG to stop CLE from over rotating on every penetration.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 07:57:21 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
This game was taken way out of porportion.  The game meant nothing. So the Celtics can prove they can beat the Cavs and then lose to them in the playoffs anyway. The playoffs is when they have to win, not yesterday.  Also C's did not play as bad as everyone thinks.  For the 2nd and 3rd Qts, which is half a game Cavs outscored Boston by 4 points. Big Deal. When Pierce got fouled on the three and all the Cavs are jumping up and down like idiots should have been a techincal. Also when there is a play on another player besides Lebron and Lebron comes over to argue with the ref on a play he was not involved in should also be a techincal. When Lebron got the and 1 over Rondo he took 4 steps and just missed taking a 5th step, then he starts flexing.  Sorry that move is gay, this is not the WWF or a bodybuilding competition the move is gay come up with something better than that.  After Cavs went on a 27-5 early run they didn't outscore Celtics by more than 13 points at any point in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qts. 

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 08:04:47 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I have a question about that play where he took the four steps. Should there have been continuation allowed on that play? I'm not clear on this one. I would think if your are fouled, it shouldnt give a pass to take extra steps to complete the play. If I'm wrong please let me know.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 08:07:23 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
The shot doesn't count if you take 4 steps.  You still get 2 foul shots but no 3 point play.  Lebron clearly took 4 steps, almost 5.   Same thing with Radmonovic in last year's Finals Game 2.  Took 4 huge steps for a dunk, and nobody said anything.  Nobody except for Tony Allen who clearly signaled a travelling call.