Author Topic: Top 10 reasons to hate the Celtics (Cleveland Newspaper Article)  (Read 9175 times)

Re: Top 10 reasons to hate the Celtics (Cleveland Newspaper Article)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
what do you expect....it is a cleveland paper...lets just rehash some of cleveland's finest moments:

1. The browns give up late leads twice to Elway to lose out on the super bowl

2. cleveland loses the browns to baltimore...

3. the indians lose 2 world series and blow a 3-1 lead vs the red sox in the ALCS

4. the cavs were pretty much a whipping boy for jordan and the bulls in the 1990's

5. they get to the finals only to get SWEPT by the spurs

cleveland has nothing except frustration and heartache....boston has had each franchise win one recently and now the bruins have a chance to complete the circle

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 08:53:40 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Allow me to paraphrase another Simpsons character:

"Worst article ever."

Seriously, that was pretty bad.

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
This was such a garbage article that I felt compelled to respond in the comments. A couple ignorant Cavs fans decided to fire back, and we've been going back and forth. Feel free to check it out.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
First of all....Bill Livingston is terible.  The only credible wirters on that site and Brian Windhorst and Terry Pluto. 

That being said, to the TRUTH, thanks for going to a Cleveland site and being a complete Troll.  Yo are the reason Boston fans get a bad reputation.  I hope you feel good about that

Glad to see you are the blaming the refs as well in those comments. 

Since you love being a troll on other sites how about I post the celticsblog address over there, tell them all that you are 'the TRUTH' on this site, and they can come flood this forum with a bunch of Cavs trash talk.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
First of all....Bill Livingston is terible.  The only credible wirters on that site and Brian Windhorst and Terry Pluto. 

That being said, to the TRUTH thanks for going to a Cleveland site and being a complete Troll.  Yo are the reason Boston fans get a bad reputation.  I hope you feel good about that

Hey now.  While I agree that no one should be going to other sites and being trolls, lets not act like there are not plenty of trolls from every other city (including Cleveland). 

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 04:07:30 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
How is that being a troll? Refuting a garbage article with legitimate reasons and examples? You have no idea what you're talking about.

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 04:10:41 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
No idea huh?  This little post right here isn't being a troll?

I'll make it simple for you though.

Celtics 17, Cavs 0.

Talk some trash when you win a title (or 17). How pathetic is that - hanging "Central Division Champions" and "Eastern Conference Champions" banners. While you're at it, why not just change team colors and uniforms yet again? After all, who cares about tradition when you don't have any?

And please, Cavs fans, wake up to what the rest of America sees. No team in the history of professional sports has been as consistently babied as the Cavs since the day LeCrabDribble entered the league. David Stern is desperate for a LeCrabDribble vs. Kobe NBA finals, and has made the NBA look like the WWE in an effort to make it happen. Stern wanted it last year, too, but Boston was good enough to overcome it.

Stick to your Boston site if you aren't going to have class on someone else's

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
Not at all. It's my honest opinion, and millions of NBA fans share it. This is America - last time I checked, I had the right to express my opinions.

Livingston blasted many things about the Celtics, basically calling them historical cheaters, and completely trashed Red and his legacy. If he didn't realize that people would come back at him in a strong way, he's in the wrong business.

If I was being a troll, then you are also a troll. I stuck up for my team on a visiting site when someone took a shot at them. That's what you do, and no one here calls you a troll. 

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 04:15:49 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum

That being said, to the TRUTH thanks for going to a Cleveland site and being a complete Troll.  Yo are the reason Boston fans get a bad reputation.  I hope you feel good about that

Hey now.  While I agree that no one should be going to other sites and being trolls, lets not act like there are not plenty of trolls from every other city (including Cleveland). 

And you guys hate when they show up on this site right?  So do I.  Trolls give all Cleveland fans a bad rap.  I hate them just as much as you do.  Do when someone Trolls on over to cleveland.com and then barsg about it here I am going to call them out on it.

Look if Boston beats Cleveland in the playoffs this year then no harm no foul.  But, if they don't, I expect the TRUTH to head on over to Cleveland.com and eat his crow like a good little boy.

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
dang...why are cav fans so insecure?

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 04:19:06 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
Not at all. It's my honest opinion, and millions of NBA fans share it. This is America - last time I checked, I had the right to express my opinions.

Livingston blasted many things about the Celtics, basically calling them historical cheaters, and completely trashed Red and his legacy. If he didn't realize that people would come back at him in a strong way, he's in the wrong business.

If I was being a troll, then you are also a troll. I stuck up for my team on a visiting site when someone took a shot at them. That's what you do, and no one here calls you a troll. 

Justify it however you want buddy.  You know what you were trying to do.  You weren't being objective, you were trying to tick people off.  The site is cleveland.com, do you expect them to be objective over there?

Like I said earlier, Livingston is a fool.  Everyone in Cleveland knows it outside of some of the intelligent (heavy sarcasm) people you are arguing with over there.

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
Don't come at me with a completely over-the-top false accusation, then. Seriously, if you think I was being a troll, then you should stop posting here, because by your logic you are also being a troll.

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
Tell me the first time I called anyone on the Celtics 'queen' and then you can call me a troll.  from Cleveland.com:

Speaking of Queen James, I can't wait till he plays for the Knicks. You'll then see what a whiny brat he has become. I'm from Ohio, and normally root for Ohio guys. But this kid is obnoxious. You see, Jordan was extremely babied by the refs. But that didn't start until he'd won multiple titles. Queen James has expected - and received - the Jordan treatment since he was a rookie. All he's done is get swept in the NBA Finals (and you guys hung a banner for that). And once Queen James is gone, "walking hacks" like Z and Varejao will be exposed for what they are - garbage. Put either player on the Charlotte Bobcats, and they'd foul out in 5 minutes. Yet with Queen James, they can do whatever they want.

like I said, you know what you were doing and I know what you were doing.  Just be sure to come over to cleveland.com if the Cavs beat Boston.  I was here last year after the Celtics beat the Cavs. 

I refuse to hijack this thread anymore. 

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
you obviously didnt read some of the post from cav fans in the front of the board last night...they all contained boston sucks or ray allen is a puss....

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 04:28:18 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
And no, I wasn't trying to tick anyone off. The article legitimately ticked me, and many other Celtic fans, off, and I have the right to respond. I have said all the same stuff on this website many times before, and strongly believe everything I said. And as I'm sure you know by now, many people agree with me, whether they're Celtic fans or fans of other teams.

Lastly, please stop referring to me as "buddy" and "little boy." That's very belittling, and no one here has stooped to that level and talked to you like that. And FYI - I guarantee I'm one of the biggest guys you've ever seen, and guarantee you wouldn't say any of that to my face.