Author Topic: What about Powe and Scali?  (Read 2634 times)

What about Powe and Scali?
« on: April 12, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Any news on when they return? 

Re: What about Powe and Scali?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 05:51:23 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Hopefully soon.

I just can't stand Mikki.

Every play, every rotation I just wait for him to give up a foul.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 06:17:03 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Hopefully soon.

I just can't stand Mikki.

Every play, every rotation I just wait for him to give up a foul.

Mikki does get called for fouls way too much, even when he doesn't commit any foul. The referees are clearly on his back.

And Mikki brings a reliable jumpshot and a decent inside game on offense so I'm glad with his production though I'd like to see more, and especially the end of this "referee hate".

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »

Offline MattD

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 46
What Rivers said before the game today was that the plan for POwe (as well as KG) was to practice with them tomorrow in Philly, and evaluate based on that.  Sean Grande did say on the radio broadcast today that if today's game were a playoff game, Powe at least would have played -- Doc said on Friday that Powe was looking surprisingly good.

Haven't heard anything about Scal...as far as I know, he still hasn't been medically cleared for contact.  I'm one of the people who doubt we'll see him back on the court this year.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »

Offline Spfldkid

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 30

We need Leon back BIG time...he is "The heart fund" Along with KG of course......I like Scal...I don't dislike anyone i never met.....but Scal is not an addition to this team...okay...he isn't even as good as Varajo.....instead of him we need an enforcer..for knuckleheads like varajo...after he threw Ray around....and last time when Lebron hard picked Rondo for no reason..Cleve hits us hard, physical...of course the refs laugh at it/us......Scal is NOT A PLAYER...please stop calling him one...he is probably a good kidbut it would be wayyyy better to put Walker out there..or giddens, or POB.....so stop the "Kings clothes" thing with Scal...please......you wouldn't want him on your team if you set one up..!!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

We need Leon back BIG time...he is "The heart fund" Along with KG of course......I like Scal...I don't dislike anyone i never met.....but Scal is not an addition to this team...okay...he isn't even as good as Varajo.....instead of him we need an enforcer..for knuckleheads like varajo...after he threw Ray around....and last time when Lebron hard picked Rondo for no reason..Cleve hits us hard, physical...of course the refs laugh at it/us......Scal is NOT A PLAYER...please stop calling him one...he is probably a good kidbut it would be wayyyy better to put Walker out there..or giddens, or POB.....so stop the "Kings clothes" thing with Scal...please......you wouldn't want him on your team if you set one up..!!!!

Scal draws players like Varaejo out of the middle due to being able to knock down that corner three. Unless you are saying you can pick a complete team of all-stars, he would definitely be a consideration as a 11-12th man on a "realistic team". Sorry to say it, but the NBA is not 450   star players deep. He makes a big difference to this team whether you can see it or not.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 09:19:33 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
We really need Scal to take Moore's spot minutes in the playoffs.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Something you didn't like about 5-6 from the floor for 10 pts with 3 boards and a block in 22 minutes?! He was as impressive out there as BBD or Perk this afternoon.

I really can't see how anyone can be too upset with Moore's play since he has been here. He is such a hard worker. At LEAST 2 of his fouls a game are absolute nonsense. He shoots 55% from the floor and puts up almost 4 points and 4 boards in only 17 minutes. If everyone filled their role the way Moore has we'd be a lot better team.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 09:41:47 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

Something you didn't like about 5-6 from the floor for 10 pts with 3 boards and a block in 22 minutes?! He was as impressive out there as BBD or Perk this afternoon.

I really can't see how anyone can be too upset with Moore's play since he has been here. He is such a hard worker. At LEAST 2 of his fouls a game are absolute nonsense. He shoots 55% from the floor and puts up almost 4 points and 4 boards in only 17 minutes. If everyone filled their role the way Moore has we'd be a lot better team.

come on EJ, you must have seen CLE rebounding over him like he wasn't there....

Mikki, especially against CLE, has to focus on tipping the ball out on rebound attempts. he's just not strong enough to control the ball battling against Varejao, Z, Big Ben and Smith...even when the ball ends up in his hands, they just take it away from him...

that said, when he's in there,  i would actually run more plays for him with the pick and pop. he does knock that shot down, and they're not going to cover him. CLE is going to over rotate on every pass to KG, Paul and Ray. Moore would could get a lot of open looks...just like Baby gets.

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Mikki, especially against CLE, has to focus on tipping the ball out on rebound attempts. he's just not strong enough to control the ball battling against Varejao, Z, Big Ben and Smith...even when the ball ends up in his hands, they just take it away from him...

that said, when he's in there,  i would actually run more plays for him with the pick and pop. he does knock that shot down, and they're not going to cover him. CLE is going to over rotate on every pass to KG, Paul and Ray. Moore would could get a lot of open looks...just like Baby gets.

Cleveland rebounded on EVERYONE today like we weren't even there. I'm not going to put that on Moore. He had as solid of a game as anyone out there. He is 6th on this team in rebounding and the only non-starter to be ahead of him is Powe. He out rebounds BBD in less minutes.

My main point is that he is playing better than most on here gave him thought he would. He is the 3rd center on this team asked to play more minutes than we expected. He has a solid skill set along with the deficiencies that we all knew about that make him be a spot duty player. I have nothing to say but positives about the guy because he at least showed some heart out there when most everyone, especially PP, quit.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Cleveland rebounded on EVERYONE today like we weren't even there. I'm not going to put that on Moore. He had as solid of a game as anyone out there. He is 6th on this team in rebounding and the only non-starter to be ahead of him is Powe. He out rebounds BBD in less minutes.

My main point is that he is playing better than most on here gave him thought he would. He is the 3rd center on this team asked to play more minutes than we expected. He has a solid skill set along with the deficiencies that we all knew about that make him be a spot duty player. I have nothing to say but positives about the guy because he at least showed some heart out there when most everyone, especially PP, quit.

yikes....okay you are peeved about today's performance. clearly.

but whether Moore is better than people were willing to give him credit for is pretty irrelevant. the only question is whether or not he is good enough to help us (in this particular sense) beat the Cavs....

remember, the reason we signed Moore was to give us size that we didn't have and the lack of it was a problem against certain teams. CLE was one of those teams that we needed this particular dimension....

Mikki wasn't brought in to simply fill out the bench. POB could have done that just fine. he was brought in to help against teams that are able to take advantage of our undersized bench front court players....

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

but whether Moore is better than people were willing to give him credit for is pretty irrelevant. the only question is whether or not he is good enough to help us (in this particular sense) beat the Cavs....

remember, the reason we signed Moore was to give us size that we didn't have and the lack of it was a problem against certain teams. CLE was one of those teams that we needed this particular dimension....

Mikki wasn't brought in to simply fill out the bench. POB could have done that just fine. he was brought in to help against teams that are able to take advantage of our undersized bench front court players....

You're really not going to give the guy credit for 4 points and 4 boards in 17 minutes along with a huge amount of heart and hustle out there?! You act as if he gave us nothing. I'd argue he has given us quite a bit. (including his stat line today of 10 and 3)  I just don't see the same criticism for BBD and Perk who were completely out worked out there. It isn't right to single out one of the few guys who actually gave a crap about this game and came to play. That's all.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

You're really not going to give the guy credit for 4 points and 4 boards in 17 minutes along with a huge amount of heart and hustle out there?! You act as if he gave us nothing. I'd argue he has given us quite a bit. (including his stat line today of 10 and 3)  I just don't see the same criticism for BBD and Perk who were completely out worked out there. It isn't right to single out one of the few guys who actually gave a crap about this game and came to play. That's all.

the fact is that if we play CLE again, we are going to need Mikki to beat them. CLEs size often neutralizes Baby and Leon and we need his added dimension to beat them.

I've seen Perk and Paul and Ray, etc play well against CLE before. I know what they are capable of doing against them.

Mar and Moore are the new pieces in this chess match and both are going to need to figure out how to make an impact in this and other series in order for the Cs to make another trip the Finals.

hey, it would be a good problem to have to figure out because facing the Cavs again would mean that we made it to the ECF.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »

Offline Spfldkid

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 30

Scal's 3 point shot is weak.......what, 1 a game whooooo, that'll lead us on..! Should have kept POB instead of him...POB is getting minutes over at Toronto....Scal needs to REBOUND...get in the paint, make something happen, he just runs over half court and stands in the corner...how much do you pay a guy to do that.....POB was where he should be....play walker, giddens...anyone except Scal....Mikki may do better when KG takes some of the heat off of him..!

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Scal's 3 point shot is weak.......what, 1 a game whooooo, that'll lead us on..! Should have kept POB instead of him...POB is getting minutes over at Toronto....Scal needs to REBOUND...get in the paint, make something happen, he just runs over half court and stands in the corner...how much do you pay a guy to do that.....POB was where he should be....play walker, giddens...anyone except Scal....Mikki may do better when KG takes some of the heat off of him..!

scal brings sumthin that many missed. when ask to step up he does. he plays HIS game the best that he can. he can hit the 3pt but truth is he has missed more than he has made...but one thing he does better than paul...he hits his free throws..lol..

scal dosent have hops so he is smart enough to get position...ive seen 6'2 g's bound over 7'0 c's..he plays to his ability...i like seeing that cause he knows he got alotta haters he still goes out and does his job and also the fans goes crazy in boston when he is at the 3pt line.

if you are a celtics fan u gotta like scal..find sumthin