Author Topic: Ray Allen Today  (Read 2627 times)

Ray Allen Today
« on: April 12, 2009, 07:23:18 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I see Ray having a big game today. He may not score a ton of points but i see him making big baskets down the stretch and some 3-point daggers. So basically I guess I just see ray being ray today

Re: Ray Allen Today
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 07:41:31 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I dont know, Ray has played his worst basketball as a celtic against the cavaliers, and hopefully he doesnt even play today, and if so not long..this game is the equivalent of a preseason game
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:52:26 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I dont know, Ray has played his worst basketball as a celtic against the cavaliers, and hopefully he doesnt even play today, and if so not long..this game is the equivalent of a preseason game

Exactly why he is going to have a breakout game. I also think that it would be good to get him going against them since he hasn't had a great game against them in a while. But apparently you think sitting him will help him.....

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:02:10 AM »

• Don Chaney

Exactly why he is going to have a breakout game. I also think that it would be good to get him going against them since he hasn't had a great game against them in a while. But apparently you think sitting him will help him.....

Yes, sitting him will help...rest his legs for a game that actually matters.

it isnt a fluke that ray plays bad against the cavs, they have a defensive scheme in place to defend him, and it works. If he has a breakout game, what good would that be? this game is meaningless, save the breakout performance for the playoffs please, meanwhile get some rest, you earned it.
He has a great game today, the cavs have the tape, and would be ready to stop it just in time for the playoffs, tell me how that benefits us...would you really prefer a breakout performace today, rather then in the playoffs?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:08:53 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Both teams will play hard today. I really don't understand your logic Tattered. You wanted the three seed and don't want to see our players play all that often.....

I think they'll play this game straight up and try to win. Then the next two games will be laid back. Remember the Cavs still have HCA to play for against the Lakers. They won't be backing off, you really think its a good idea to just throw out the second unit and let them get killed?

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i got two 40oz's chillin in the fridge and a cleveland fan next door talkin mess all week. i want ray to light up king james court.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 12:40:27 PM »

• Don Chaney
Both teams will play hard today. I really don't understand your logic Tattered. You wanted the three seed and don't want to see our players play all that often.....

I think they'll play this game straight up and try to win. Then the next two games will be laid back. Remember the Cavs still have HCA to play for against the Lakers. They won't be backing off, you really think its a good idea to just throw out the second unit and let them get killed?

We got blown off the court in cleveland completly healthy earlier this season. this game means nothing win/lose...but if you go out there and compete like its a playoff game, that just tires out Pierce and Ray further in a meaningless game...what message is being sent winning a game that means nothing? and even worse losing a game youre really trying to win for no reason...GET REST..beat them when it matters...sheesh whats so hard to comprehend. do people really think it betters our chances if we win this game? I think it makes them worse...Maybe our guys should be humbled in cleveland again so they know how hard its gonna be to repeat..

Ill take the celtics winning this game, sure... but Id rather them lose it and win in the playoffs then vice-versa

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

We got blown off the court in cleveland completly healthy earlier this season. this game means nothing win/lose...but if you go out there and compete like its a playoff game, that just tires out Pierce and Ray further in a meaningless game...what message is being sent winning a game that means nothing? and even worse losing a game youre really trying to win for no reason...GET REST..beat them when it matters...sheesh whats so hard to comprehend. do people really think it betters our chances if we win this game? I think it makes them worse...Maybe our guys should be humbled in cleveland again so they know how hard its gonna be to repeat..

Ill take the celtics winning this game, sure... but Id rather them lose it and win in the playoffs then vice-versa
What is hard to understand is why you seem to think sitting the starters for this game in April will matter in a potential ECF matchup that wouldn't occur for what, a month?

When they'll have at least 10 games in between. Eight of those being playoffs games where the Celtics will have to go full speed to win. And likely more games as I don't think its likely we'd sweep both our first and second round series.

Resting your starters for this game makes no sense.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Doc, on the fact that the Cavs
have a chance at tying the '85-'86
Celtics, that went 40-1 at home:

"I'll let Danny (Ainge, director of basketball operations) go in and talk to them,” he said. “He was on that team, so I’ll let him talk."
(from the Boston Herald today)

I don't think we're backing down
today, nor should we. We're the
Champions and we should prove it.

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I have Ray on my fantasy team. He always plays big on Sunday day games

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7

I see Ray having a big game today. He may not score a ton of points but i see him making big baskets down the stretch and some 3-point daggers. So basically I guess I just see ray being ray today

Rida

I have Ray on my fantasy team. He always plays big on Sunday day games

Hope you guys didn't have any money riding on this.   ;)

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 01:48:17 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Doc, on the fact that the Cavs
have a chance at tying the '85-'86
Celtics, that went 40-1 at home:

"I'll let Danny (Ainge, director of basketball operations) go in and talk to them,” he said. “He was on that team, so I’ll let him talk."
(from the Boston Herald today)

I don't think we're backing down
today, nor should we. We're the
Champions and we should prove it.

Danny, you suck at pep-talking  ;D