Author Topic: Explain your screen name.  (Read 40137 times)

Re: Explain your screen name.
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
The name has been in existence for nearly a decade. I wanted something to show my passion for the Celtics and to highlight the Irish in me. Then I wanted something to highlight my greatness (;D), so maestro came into play. celticmaestro can be pronounced as sel-tic or kel-tic. Which ever way you prefer. It's often shortened to just maestro, which I'm cool with.

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Dan Patrick: Do you have a favorite alias that you've used on the road?
Paul Pierce: Roy Hobbs. Since I beat everybody in pool and tennis and softball, the guys were like, "Man, you're a natural." I practiced nothing. It just came naturally.

Celtics equipment manager/nickname guru John Conner ... is famous for dropping catchy monikers like "The Golden Boy" (Gerald Green) and "Roy Hobbs" (Paul Pierce) on his players.

I am truly tempted to change my username to The Golden Boy now.

Plus, The Natural is one of my favorite movies (and a great book, as well).

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I like the Celtics.

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2009, 11:26:28 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I joined sometime in '03 while searching for info for the then upcoming draft and somehow stumbled upon Celticsblog. While registering, I came up with GroverTheClover almost instantaneously. To this day, I have no logical explanation for how or why.

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
boscel33:

pretty simple, grew up watching the c's in the 70's.  i loved cowens, but when larry legend came on board, he bacame my all time fave.  i was on a couple of other boards with this screen name so when i joined the blog, i hoped it was available.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It was originally Slam on version 1.0 but when we had to sign-up again for 2.0, someone liked my screenname enough to swipe it before I could sign up again.  It was my nickname in college.  I believe that person is still using it on 3.0.

Slamtheking was created out of necessity merging Slam with my mother-in-law’s nickname for me “the king”. 

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »

Offline slam

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
It was originally Slam on version 1.0 but when we had to sign-up again for 2.0, someone liked my screenname enough to swipe it before I could sign up again.  It was my nickname in college.  I believe that person is still using it on 3.0.

Slamtheking was created out of necessity merging Slam with my mother-in-law’s nickname for me “the king”. 

LOL, still complaining are we.....

I can't really remember how this went down.  If I remember right, I was so used to being slam everywhere I went on the internet, that when the new site was made, I just picked slam assuming that's what I'd always been.

I think I might have been moogleslam on the old forums if that were the case.

I picked slam back in about 92 when I first got on the internet, just because of my love of basketball and my fascination with dunking.

If slam was ever taken, i went with moogle because of my love, not of final fantasty, but of secret of mana which i played as a kid with my brother and cousin and loved to death.

once in a while, they'd both be taken and i'd go with moogleslam, and i've never seen that one used anywhere before!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:30:54 PM by slam »
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Supercalifragilisticuipialidosowhohappendstobethemostharcorecelticsfaneverlivinginacountrywherenobodycaresaboutcasketballysehablaespanol

just seems too long for some reason
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Supercalifragilisticuipialidosowhohappendstobethemostharcorecelticsfaneverlivinginacountrywherenobodycaresaboutcasketballysehablaespanol

just seems too long for some reason

you should have gone with the one above.... casketball?
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I played Neverwinter Nights on a great server (Isthar) for about 3 years, with a character named Drucci and, well, I've never quit this screen name since.

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2009, 09:13:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

LOL, still complaining are we.....

I can't really remember how this went down.  If I remember right, I was so used to being slam everywhere I went on the internet, that when the new site was made, I just picked slam assuming that's what I'd always been.

I think I might have been moogleslam on the old forums if that were the case.

I picked slam back in about 92 when I first got on the internet, just because of my love of basketball and my fascination with dunking.

If slam was ever taken, i went with moogle because of my love, not of final fantasty, but of secret of mana which i played as a kid with my brother and cousin and loved to death.

once in a while, they'd both be taken and i'd go with moogleslam, and i've never seen that one used anywhere before!
they asked the question, I answered it.  I've moved on --- slamtheking gets a lot of interesting conversations started---usually having to deny it's **** related.

When I used Slam, it came from my highschool and college nickname -- created about 1982. 

I've moved on

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I joined sometime in '03 while searching for info for the then upcoming draft and somehow stumbled upon Celticsblog. While registering, I came up with GroverTheClover almost instantaneously. To this day, I have no logical explanation for how or why.

I have been known to think of this name on non-consecutive occasions.

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I have been known to think of this name on non-consecuitve occasions.

One of my all time favorite Abe Simpson quotes!
Yup

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2009, 11:50:53 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I had always thought if the Celtics would Just Bring Toughness Back to their game, number 17 and beyond would be within our reach. I had missed the old great Celtics team of yesteryear.

I was happy to see that with a great Defensive coach, the right moves by Danny, and the right, passionate, committed players to direct, The Celtics have Brought Toughness Back to their game and our march towards towards titles is upon us. We brought toughness back vs the Cavalier last year, In Los Angeles and all the way to raising number 17 to our hallowed rafters.

Lets get 18 now and bring some toughness back vs. the great Home record of Lebron and on to LA where we can show them that Being a Tough Team is far better then being a Show team.

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2009, 12:40:08 PM »

Offline 86 Celtics

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Best team EVER!!!
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.