Author Topic: Explain your screen name.  (Read 39811 times)

Re: Explain your screen name.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I just wanted two words I could use as a username on any site on the internet. I figured no one has ever combined those two words.

There is absolutely no significance in the name.

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Well mine comes from the well known fact that Kendrick Perkins also known as "Swamp Thing" is indeed, a beast.

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Any questions?

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I like Rondo.

And 987 were 3 numbers that I thought were easy enough to remember. Although when I think about it now, it makes sense since I was born in 1987. Wow I deserve a negative TP for just realizing this coincidence. Can someone give me a negative TP please?

LOL. Nice avatar.  ;)

Well, I joined Celticsblog a month before Big Al was traded. Big Al = Al Jefferson and he's the future baby! That makes BigAlTheFuture!

haha thanks. I just changed yesterday I didn't realize I was pretty much copying yours. I had it saved under my pictures on my computer so I figured I'd put it up.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Shortened version of my original "Redzdeadbabyredzdead" name.  Shortened to be more PC, when I became a mod.  The Redzdead...name drew a lot of question marks, and offended some, but it was simply a pun from Bruce Willis' Pulp Fiction response to the question, "Who's Zed?"...Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

Anyhow...Redz works.  My grandfather had red hair and his friends all called him Red.  My older daughter has the same red hair.

...and well, there you have.

My original name on CB was lars1038, which is a combination of an old restaurant nickname and my lucky number (yes, 1038 and 38 are my lucky numbers)
Yup

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
K = my first name Kyle
Whit10 = my last name Whitten

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 08:07:35 PM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
I've had this name since waaaayyy back when I first got aol.. I now use it for just about everything.. back in the day.. I think I was about 10 when i made the name.. JBone is a family nickname. I was a (diehard) wrestling fan and at the time the NWO was at its heyday.. after i saw that JBone4life was already taken my screenname was born

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 08:08:56 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Shortened version of my original "Redzdeadbabyredzdead" name.  Shortened to be more PC, when I became a mod.  The Redzdead...name drew a lot of question marks, and offended some, but it was simply a pun from Bruce Willis' Pulp Fiction response to the question, "Who's Zed?"...Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

Anyhow...Redz works.  My grandfather had red hair and his friends all called him Red.  My older daughter has the same red hair.

...and well, there you have.

My original name on CB was lars1038, which is a combination of an old restaurant nickname and my lucky number (yes, 1038 and 38 are my lucky numbers)

You could have done TGIF53
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 08:14:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
About 10 or 11 years ago there was a poster on ESPN whose name was Pitino spelled backwards, so it read, Onitip which always reminded me of Imhotep for some reason. But I also was somewhat of a fan of RA, and Amenhotep the 4th, and his attempt toward monotheism.  So I changed at that time from DrLo to the current name.

that is one of the most complicated and random screen name stories of all time

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 08:24:15 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I went with Steve Weinman because, well...

...I am Steve Weinman.

Mystique abounds, I'm sure.   ;)

-sw

You are the first one I thought of when I saw this thread.  Hmm, I wonder how Steve picked his name.....   :D

Glad to help solve the mystery, SSF.   ;)

I feel like I should add that if I hadn't gone with "Steve Weinman," it would have been Grouchy Oscar.  Even tougher to figure that one out, at least for anyone who has graphics disabled on their monitor and never saw Sesame Street... :D

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
coco --  easy, short, in Spanish and somewhat Puertorican (coco lopez) - an important ingredient for one of my favorite Puertorican drinks(Pina Colada).  Actually, I can't turn down sweets made with coconut(spanish for coco)as an ingredient.  8)

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I like Rondo.

And 987 were 3 numbers that I thought were easy enough to remember. Although when I think about it now, it makes sense since I was born in 1987. Wow I deserve a negative TP for just realizing this coincidence. Can someone give me a negative TP please?

LOL. Nice avatar.  ;)

Well, I joined Celticsblog a month before Big Al was traded. Big Al = Al Jefferson and he's the future baby! That makes BigAlTheFuture!

Haha...I considered doing something like that. Still wear my Big Al Jersey during the playoffs.

On the bright side though he's a really good player. At least you're not Mean Gerald Green....or Bassy101 or something...

lol

BassyTheHypedFutureThatTurnedOutToNotBeThatGreat

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »

Offline johnnymost

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • This year
Either you got it or you got it.

High above courtside...

I knew Johnny for a while - he told great stories when you saw him at Ken's Steak House in Natick
No more waiting

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 09:11:21 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
K = my first name Kyle

I felt so proud of myself cuz I figured that one out for myself at the beginning of the week. I saw the name K Whitten attached to one of the names in the Celticsblog March Madness pool, and I put K Whitten and K Whit10 together.  I have to say I was impressed with myself for that and I'm not easily impressed... WOW A BLUE CAR.

Ok real simple here, bdm are my initials, and 860 is my area code.  Was trying to come up with something simple and unoffensive that I could use as an email address for sending out resumes and stuff, and just kind of ended up using it for everything ever since.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 09:20:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
K = my first name Kyle

I felt so proud of myself cuz I figured that one out for myself at the beginning of the week. I saw the name K Whitten attached to one of the names in the Celticsblog March Madness pool, and I put K Whitten and K Whit10 together.  I have to say I was impressed with myself for that and I'm not easily impressed... WOW A BLUE CAR.

Ok real simple here, bdm are my initials, and 860 is my area code.  Was trying to come up with something simple and unoffensive that I could use as an email address for sending out resumes and stuff, and just kind of ended up using it for everything ever since.

Mensa material  ;)
Yup