Author Topic: Explain your screen name.  (Read 39821 times)

Re: Explain your screen name.
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Acie Earl - Mr October - every fall we used to listen to the hype for some clown's ability in the preason (or summer league).

In the preseason Earl was a shot blocking, scoring beast. In the regular season... not so much. This screen name is a reminder that we shouldn't put too much stock in young potential, especially when they can't do squat when they're up against real competition.

The mid 90s era (between Bird and Pierce) was brutal. I'm loving our current era, despite the injuries.

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Bz was given to me as a nickname when I was in the 5th grade by my teacher, the M came later because my name is Mike, but everywhere I've gone I've been around someone to continue the nickname, I'm a senior in college now, everyone still calls me Bz.
do it

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2009, 09:14:11 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Acie Earl - Mr October - every fall we used to listen to the hype for some clown's ability in the preason (or summer league).

In the preseason Earl was a shot blocking, scoring beast. In the regular season... not so much. This screen name is a reminder that we shouldn't put too much stock in young potential, especially when they can't do squat when they're up against real competition.

The mid 90s era (between Bird and Pierce) was brutal. I'm loving our current era, despite the injuries.

Didn't even know that was his nickname. I just remember when we drafted him. He couldn't even run down the court. Had a bad leg or something. Somehow he came back with Toronto and put up like 40 on us. Either was it was a horrible draft pick.

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2009, 08:47:35 AM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
I have been using Ed Teach for a while on any membership/ website that I didn't want to use my real name.  It started when at a grocery store when they did not accept my card application for William Shatner which I liked to use, So, I needed something more obscure.

Since I am a big pirate fan, my favorite pirate is Black Beard, and Black Beards real name was Edward Teach.  I shortened it to Ed Teach.  It has been my user name ever since.

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2009, 05:52:38 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Didn't even know that was his nickname. I just remember when we drafted him. He couldn't even run down the court. Had a bad leg or something. Somehow he came back with Toronto and put up like 40 on us. Either was it was a horrible draft pick.

I either heard Mike Gorman use it, or more likely one of the Globe writers. It stuck for 2 Octobers I believe.

TP for another who will never forget Mr Earl.