Author Topic: What movies have you walked out of?  (Read 49466 times)

Re: What movies have you walked out of?
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2009, 04:09:14 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
Dumb and Dumber the second time i saw it.  Yes, I know everyone will disagree with me, but I am NOT a fan of that movie.

So I've got to ask, why did you go to see it a second time? And for what it worth, I don't disagree with you.

I was 14 and hanging out with a few of my friends in the center of our town.  There was a $.99 theater and we were just trying to kill time, i'm sure.  We all walked out after the scene where they had the snowball fight, which I will say is pretty funny.  They all were on board with walking out at the time, but they all love the movie now. 

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2009, 04:14:17 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Royal Tannenbaum's had an awesome cast and it was even more awesome nobody upstaged anyone and I thought several actors did things they didn't usually do. I'm not used to seeing Ben Stiller being dead serious in a paranoid way. I'm not used to wooden fingers or an unfunny Bill Murray.

Also for those that didn't like O Brother Where Art Thou.  Did you like Homer's The Oddessey? Cause isn't it based on that?

From what I understand from my girlfriend who teaches ancient mythology at the college level, the movie took some extreme liberties basing it off Homer's original work.

i would imagine it would have to being based a few thousand years later in rural Georgia.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2009, 04:15:19 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Royal Tannenbaum's had an awesome cast and it was even more awesome nobody upstaged anyone and I thought several actors did things they didn't usually do. I'm not used to seeing Ben Stiller being dead serious in a paranoid way. I'm not used to wooden fingers or an unfunny Bill Murray.

Also for those that didn't like O Brother Where Art Thou.  Did you like Homer's The Oddessey? Cause isn't it based on that?

From what I understand from my girlfriend who teaches ancient mythology at the college level, the movie took some extreme liberties basing it off Homer's original work.

i would imagine it would have to being based a few thousand years later in rural Georgia.

I believe you mean Mississipi sah.

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2009, 04:18:21 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Didn't walk out, but only because I just shelled out 25$ and remained stubborn, but tropic thunder=Worst movie of all time!

i liked it, but that aside, what movie theater scammed you out of 25 dollars for that movie?

its 8-9 bucks round the city.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2009, 04:19:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I believe you mean Mississippi sah.

I believe you are correct sah, and deserve a TP  :D.

I still liked the movie though.

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2009, 04:22:16 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I believe you mean Mississippi sah.

I believe you are correct sah, and deserve a TP  :D.

I still liked the movie though.

Believe me, living in Mississippi for the past year has made me appreciate it more. Tp back at ya.

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2009, 05:26:29 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
I've never walked out of a movie in the theater, although my dad almost did when we saw 1. Dark Man and 2. L.A. Confidential (agree on Dark Man, strongly disagree on L.A. Confidential).

There are a lot of movies I've rented that I had a hard time getting through, though.  I attempted to watch The English Patient probably four times, and couldn't get through.  I kept falling asleep during Citizen Kane, but finally made it to the end.

I've been made to watch Citizen Kane about a dozen times, and while I'm FULLY aware it had some breakthrough techniques in cinematography, I find it to be one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

Agreed. Just cause it ranked no. 1 on the AFI top 100 list for ingenuity it doesn't make it a good movie today. It's like watching old Wilt clips.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
As a film school graduate, there are many that I have wanted to walk out of, but I just never have.  This includes Weird Al's UHF.   ;D

How could you want to walk out of UHF?? Wheel of Fish, Flying Poodles, Uncle Nutzy's Clubhouse, the Firehose...wow my boyhood memories are all there
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2009, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've never walked out of a movie in the theater, although my dad almost did when we saw 1. Dark Man and 2. L.A. Confidential (agree on Dark Man, strongly disagree on L.A. Confidential).

There are a lot of movies I've rented that I had a hard time getting through, though.  I attempted to watch The English Patient probably four times, and couldn't get through.  I kept falling asleep during Citizen Kane, but finally made it to the end.

I've been made to watch Citizen Kane about a dozen times, and while I'm FULLY aware it had some breakthrough techniques in cinematography, I find it to be one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

Agreed. Just cause it ranked no. 1 on the AFI top 100 list for ingenuity it doesn't make it a good movie today. It's like watching old Wilt clips.
Thirded.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2009, 06:45:51 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Ok, that is a symbolic negative TP for you, sir.  But, to each his own.

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2009, 07:06:20 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
I walked out of "Be Cool." It had an all star cast but it was the least funniest movie i have ever seen in my life. If i had stuck around for the whole movie i'm afraid i wouldnt have lived to tell.

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I have to agree. I don't care if a movie was breakthrough in its time. If I'm not entertained, I'm not entertained. At least Seven Samaurai was entertaining, through I don't appreciate it as much as a movie history buff would. Citizen Kane mostly annoyed me.

I suppose it is self-defeating to watch 'classics' without regard to film history, but I'm not one to be entertain just because I am supposed to be.

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2009, 08:27:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have to admit I find it ballsy that the AFI and groups like it keep putting Birth of a Nation on their top hundred lists. I mean I know it was the first movie with live horses, but someone was going to do that sooner or later anyway. Was it THAT big of a technical achievement? I mean Jurassic Park was an amazing technical achievement but that doesn't make it a top 100 film

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2009, 08:32:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And also I am dead against highly dated films that maybe only one whole generation would appreciate as being in the top 100.

For example.

I think people will watch the following movies a thousand years from now maybe

Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Clockwork Orange, Lawrence of Arabia, Seven Samurai, Sound of Music, maybe Star Wars, It's a Wonderful Life, Wizard of Oz, Rudy

These won't be watched 100 years from now

Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, a lot of the WW2 movies, a lot of movies based on special effects when special effects were bad like King Kong, Look Who's Coming to Dinner,

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2009, 09:44:33 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
And also I am dead against highly dated films that maybe only one whole generation would appreciate as being in the top 100.

For example.

I think people will watch the following movies a thousand years from now maybe

Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Clockwork Orange, Lawrence of Arabia, Seven Samurai, Sound of Music, maybe Star Wars, It's a Wonderful Life, Wizard of Oz, Rudy

These won't be watched 100 years from now

Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, a lot of the WW2 movies, a lot of movies based on special effects when special effects were bad like King Kong, Look Who's Coming to Dinner,
A lot of Hitchcock will stand the test of time.