Author Topic: What movies have you walked out of?  (Read 49452 times)

What movies have you walked out of?
« on: April 08, 2009, 05:03:39 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I only have 1, it was the Avengers, it was awful.... others?
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: What movies have you walked out of?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The only time I ever did that was when I was like 2 and the astronaughts in ET scared me too much and I had to leave, but I went back the next week

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:23:28 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I've never walked out of the theatre during a movie.  But movies I had to shut off while watching the DVD include:

Aeon Flux
Ultra Violet
Tropic Thunder

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 05:25:18 PM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
I've never walked out of the theatre during a movie.  But movies I had to shut off while watching the DVD include:

Aeon Flux
Ultra Violet
Tropic Thunder

Yeah, Tropic Thunder was horrendous.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 05:26:41 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Royal Tenenbaums, Sideways, Shopgirl, O Brother Where Art Thou?

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 05:33:31 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I think any movie with Ben Stiller is at least OK, so I didn't think Tropic THunder was that bad.... But if I had to pick one that I have shut off (a dvd), then date movie... wow was that awful. Wasn't even funny... And the ping pong movie with Jack Black, which I forgot the name... And Drilbit Taylor with Owen Wilson.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
wow royal tenebaums & o brother where art thou are 2 of my favorite movies ever!

didn't walk out but could have (slept instead)
flowers in the attic
tombstone? the one that doc holiday was played by dennis quaid, great job by him but movie was sooo long and bad
another one can't remember the name but nicole kidman period piece maybe malcovich was in it

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
wow royal tenebaums & o brother where art thou are 2 of my favorite movies ever!

flowers in the attic
tombstone? the one that doc holiday was played by dennis quaid, great job by him but movie was sooo long and bad
another one can't remember the name but nicole kidman period piece maybe malcovich was in it

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I found both of those movies utterly unwatchable.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 05:50:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Royal Tannenbaum's had an awesome cast and it was even more awesome nobody upstaged anyone and I thought several actors did things they didn't usually do. I'm not used to seeing Ben Stiller being dead serious in a paranoid way. I'm not used to wooden fingers or an unfunny Bill Murray.

Also for those that didn't like O Brother Where Art Thou.  Did you like Homer's The Oddessey? Cause isn't it based on that?

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 05:52:35 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

flowers in the attic

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I found both of those movies utterly unwatchable.
its a different sort of humor but watch them again and again if need be
first time i saw brother i didn't get it at all
and anything wes anderson does takes a bit but imo both are hilarious
kind of like when i saw pulp fiction in the theatre with my wife...we were both in shock and a bit lost but the 2nd viewing we knew we just saw something really special

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Armageddon. I'm going to need a therapist someday because of that movie.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 06:00:17 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
Royal Tannenbaum's had an awesome cast and it was even more awesome nobody upstaged anyone and I thought several actors did things they didn't usually do. I'm not used to seeing Ben Stiller being dead serious in a paranoid way. I'm not used to wooden fingers or an unfunny Bill Murray.

Also for those that didn't like O Brother Where Art Thou.  Did you like Homer's The Oddessey? Cause isn't it based on that?

From what I understand from my girlfriend who teaches ancient mythology at the college level, the movie took some extreme liberties basing it off Homer's original work.

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 06:29:56 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

flowers in the attic

kind of like when i saw pulp fiction in the theatre with my wife...we were both in shock and a bit lost but the 2nd viewing we knew we just saw something really special

I found the Tenembaums to be pretentious and unfunny...same with Rushmore, didn't bother with the Life Aquatic because I figured it'd be more of the same - funny thing is the director Wes Anderson, did a movie I loved before Rushmore called Bottle Rocket...oh well - I always thought of the latter 3 movies to be movies some people found mildly amusing but overplayed to show they're "sophisticated" and the people who don't like it aren't bright enough to get it (which isn't true at all, I got it, it was crap imo)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Haha I thought all of those movies except Shopgirl were great (and Shopgirl was decent).

Also, I can't believe tropic Thunder has been mentioned twice.  I thought it was hilarious.

And to answer the OP, I've never walked out of a movie.  I did end up sleeping through most of Star Wars episode 1.

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 06:34:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

flowers in the attic

I found the Tenembaums to be pretentious and unfunny...same with Rushmore, didn't bother with the Life Aquatic because I figured it'd be more of the same - funny thing is the director Wes Anderson, did a movie I loved before Rushmore called Bottle Rocket...oh well - I always thought of the latter 3 movies to be movies some people found mildly amusing but overplayed to show they're "sophisticated" and the people who don't like it aren't bright enough to get it (which isn't true at all, I got it, it was crap imo)

What was pretentious about a family reconciling? It's been a while so maybe there's something I don't remember