Author Topic: Vote Larry for NBA Fan Night!  (Read 10060 times)

Vote Larry for NBA Fan Night!
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:31:51 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Larry really needs your vote:

http://www.nba.com/FanNight/

Re: Vote Larry for NBA Fan Night!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:43 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Larry really needs your vote:

http://www.nba.com/FanNight/

Umm, are you kidding me?  5 choices for greatest playoff performer:  Larry, Magic, and Michael - no complaints there, but Kobe and LeBron?  Greatest playoff performers ever?  I didn't realize they were even in the discussion.  You got to be kidding me.

And as of of now, the results so far:
Michael - 41%
Kobe - 34%
LeBron - 17%
Magic - 5%
Larry - 4%

Wow.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:59:51 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 08:02:29 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
There are clearly way too many
Lakers and Cavs fans out there.
With an emphasis on "out there".

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:16:25 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I think more of the problem is that there are too many kids out there, who have grown up on the Michael-Kobe-Lebron hype machine.  Larry, Magic, and other all-time greats (Russell, Wilt, Oscar) are going to get lost in the shuffle.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 08:19:13 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
That movie Idiocracy doesn't seem too far-fetched anymore.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 09:13:25 AM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Kobe and LeBrick on the list??!!

What a surprise ::)

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 09:38:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

I think more of the problem is that there are too many kids out there, who have grown up on the Michael-Kobe-Lebron hype machine.  Larry, Magic, and other all-time greats (Russell, Wilt, Oscar) are going to get lost in the shuffle.

Well, I think you should leave
MJ out of that. He deserves all
the credit he can get, IMO.
Kobe and LBJ are the "Hype Getters"!
But, sadly, I think you're right about
that last part, Roy. It sucks  :(

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 10:01:44 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Absolutely ridiculous that Kobe and Lebron are ahead Magic and Bird. What the hell have they done in the Playoffs up to this point in there careers? Kobe has 3 rings but only because he had Shaq in his prime. Lebron still doesn't have one... MJ being #1 is understandable, but Magic and Larry should definately be second and third, by a mile.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:03:31 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
PS, if you want to talk about best playoff performers, how about Pierce being on that list, since Kobe and Lebron are on there? He's had a ton more memorable playoff moments than Lebron at least.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
The only game that really jumps out at me for LeBron is that game went he went off to score like 24 consecutive points against the Pistons. Amazing game to see, but that's it.  He had a good game against the Celtics last year in the playoffs but he was out dueled by Pierce and the Celtics won that one.  He shouldn't be on this list.  You could argue even Wade should be there instead of LeBron, or even Robert Horry  ;D

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Yes, MJ deserves a great deal of credit, but the way the media covers it, you'd think he was the only great player from the 80s and 90s.  That's all today's younger generation is bombarded with, to the point where the perception is that there was a huge gap between MJ and Larry/Magic.  In my opinion, there wasn't.  They were all top ten players of all time, but people lose site of that in genuflecting over the greatness of MJ.

That being said, the greatest playoff performer of all-time is Bill Russell.  Results matter.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
That makes me sick.  The crab dribbler hasn't done anything that warrants him to be on that list.  He has been to the finals once and got swept.  Awful
UBUNTU

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 11:19:28 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Yes, MJ deserves a great deal of credit, but the way the media covers it, you'd think he was the only great player from the 80s and 90s.  That's all today's younger generation is bombarded with, to the point where the perception is that there was a huge gap between MJ and Larry/Magic.  In my opinion, there wasn't.  They were all top ten players of all time, but people lose site of that in genuflecting over the greatness of MJ.

That being said, the greatest playoff performer of all-time is Bill Russell.  Results matter.

Co-sign.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 11:47:29 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Co-sign.

True.

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 12:09:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That makes me sick.  The crab dribbler hasn't done anything that warrants him to be on that list.  He has been to the finals once and got swept.  Awful

Well, to be fair he's got that huge ECF game against Detroit, multiple game winners against the Wizards, and his duel against Pierce last year (he lost, but people still consider Jordan's 63-pter in 86 to be a great performance, so it counts).  There's no way whatsoever that he should be put on a Top 5 list, though.

But, this is just a silly poll through nba.com, and of course they're gonna hype their current guys.  If they picked an objective Top 5, no one currently playing would be on it, and what good does that do them?  We shouldn't take this too seriously.