Author Topic: The Masters  (Read 3125 times)

The Masters
« on: April 06, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
A tradition unlike any other.  Less than 3 days away.

I'm pumped!!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: The Masters
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:19:47 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Gotta love all the story lines going into the week this year.  I'd love to see Tiger in a Sunday showdown with Phil, Sergio, or Geoff Ogilvy.

Easily the best week of the year in the sport.  Great time of the year in general with Opening Day and the NCAA title game tonight.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
WHOOO! Tiger's back! Nothing better than 4 days of that guy for hrs a day, I'm more fired up for that than my Blue Jays beating up on the Tigers right now.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Gotta love all the story lines going into the week this year.  I'd love to see Tiger in a Sunday showdown with Phil, Sergio, or Geoff Ogilvy.

Easily the best week of the year in the sport.  Great time of the year in general with Opening Day and the NCAA title game tonight.

I wanna see Tiger and Paddy dueling it out on Sunday... Paddy has a shot at a 3rd straight major title this week, some huge bit of news that is flying under the radar because of Tiger.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Now spring is really here.  I love the Masters.  The Tiger/Paddy duel would be incredible to watch.  I'd also pull for a "Greg Norman in the Hunt" or "Fred Couples in the Hunt" on Sunday type storyline.  (Doesn't have to be one of those two but I'd love it when senior guys or late 40s players make it interesting)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 09:08:25 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I love Nick Watney as a dark horse.  His swing is so solid, I see him winning multiple majors in his career.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."