Author Topic: The draft is only two months away, yet...  (Read 6116 times)

Re: The draft is only two months away, yet...
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
And with the 58th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Celtics select....
Jon Brockman, University of Washington.

Dude, I would absolutely love it if we brought that guy in! I was amazed at his level of talent when I saw him in the NCAA tournament. Guy is a freaking beast!
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I'd like to see the Celtics do something to grab Tyler Smith from Tennessee - he's projected to drop into the early second round if he declares.  He oozes heart, he's mature, extremely athletic, and can play the 3 or 4 well on defense - something we needed badly this year.  I think he'd be a candidate to really surprise some people in the NBA.  He's always been more of a pass-first player, so he won't be coming in looking to prove himself on the scoreboard.  I think he could really help this team out sooner rather than later, and if his ballhandling and shooting come around, then we could have a steal.  Before last year, a lot of people compared him to Josh Howard minus the part about being a headcase.  In the short term, I don't see how he could be any worse than Mbah a Moute.  In the long term, I don't think he'll ever be the franchise player that Rondo likely will be and Billy has a long shot at being, but I could see him being as good or better than Posey.  

Couldn't agree with you more on this one Atzar. If he does declare this year and drops to us I hope Danny pulls the trigger on him. I've loved watching him play at Tennessee and to have him come be a Celtic would be awesome!
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I totally agree with the Terence Williams choice!!! He is a stud who is versatile and can flat out defend. I think he would fit in perfectly with the Celtics although he is not going to drop to us. I wouldn't be upset with the hometown hero Rice. I just think he would add much needed scoring and swagger to the second unit.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce