Author Topic: Jim Calhoun And Ray Allen Story  (Read 5119 times)

Jim Calhoun And Ray Allen Story
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Today on Mike and Mike, Ray was talking about Jim Calhoun and his Blue Collar Work Ethic. He Told a story about the time when Jim took the basketball team to a Horse Farm. And he made them watch two horses mate. Jim said, (now if you guys think your studs take a look at that Stud)  Mike Golic turned away in laughter, and Greenie was In tears as well.

Not a family story. But who cares. I'm glad Ray is not like Brady, he told a story that maybe he shouldn't have. But you know what It made me laugh. And Mike and Mike. I hope It made my CelticBlog Buddies Laugh too.

Re: Jim Calhoun And Ray Allen Story
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:20 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
That is a, ummm, bold story. I refuse to believe Calhoun couldn't have made that point any other way. Seems odd.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Today on Mike and Mike, Ray was talking about Jim Calhoun and his Blue Collar Work Ethic. He Told a story about the time when Jim took the basketball team to a Horse Farm. And he made them watch two horses mate. Jim said, (now if you guys think your studs take a look at that Stud)  Mike Golic turned away in laughter, and Greenie was In tears as well.

Not a family story. But who cares. I'm glad Ray is not like Brady, he told a story that maybe he shouldn't have. But you know what It made me laugh. And Mike and Mike. I hope It made my CelticBlog Buddies Laugh too.

I like Ray Allen cuz he knows he's got nothing to hide, and he doesn't have to pretend to be something he's not. You get the feeling with a lot of NBA players, that they adopt a kind of "persona" for ads, public relations, whatever. Ray Allen to me doesn't do that.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
That is a, ummm, bold story. I refuse to believe Calhoun couldn't have made that point any other way. Seems odd.

Seems awesome is what you mean, right?

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I like Ray Allen cuz he knows he's got nothing to hide, and he doesn't have to pretend to be something he's not. You get the feeling with a lot of NBA players, that they adopt a kind of "persona" for ads, public relations, whatever. Ray Allen to me doesn't do that.
Maybe Ray Allen is really gangster if you meet him person. 

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 04:27:39 AM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
Any one got a link to the interview? I searched it but the site only had up the first 19 seconds.

WEEI has his interview up from this morning.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:04:38 AM »

Offline Celts1485

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 26

"I'm Wayne Brady B***h"

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:45:31 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

"I'm Wayne Brady B***h"

It was Mooney!

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 10:38:10 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Yeah maybe he could have gotten that point across another way, but would it have stuck with Ray the way it has? Doubtful.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Seems awesome is what you mean, right?

I gotta be honest, I have no idea haha. I can't tell if that's an incredibly effective coaching and teaching tool, or just a horribly troubling story. My head hurts haha.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Yeah maybe he could have gotten that point across another way, but would it have stuck with Ray the way it has? Doubtful.

To me, that's all that matters has far as this story.

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Makes me laugh (if its true) all these city kids will rethink where they go for college ball.  Stay away from the storrs farms!
What did he do for inspirational scenes for his players when he was at northeastern?  :-\

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Reminds me of the time Jackie Sherrill took the Mississippi St. team to watch a bull get castrated.  Ray's story is not quite as gruesome.   :o