Author Topic: Is Paul Pierce's twitter site really him?  (Read 3821 times)

Re: Is Paul Pierce's twitter site really him?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Its definitely him.  I was one of those fans who got the tix on Sunday.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I'll try again:
When/if you can get around to it
go check your message inbox  :)

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 03:18:11 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Its definitely him.  I was one of those fans who got the tix on Sunday.

haha congrats... thats awesome
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm a big stickler for spelling, grammar and punctuation on message boards and emails and the like.  But Twitter is a whole new medium.  It is definitely NOT a blog.  Maybe it'll be an aquired taste for you or something, but I am thoroughly enjoying the Captain's tweets.  I can't wait for the playoffs.  I bet he'll have some choice thoughts to share with Celtic Nation!!

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 04:18:57 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Have you seen our press conferences?  These are not poets we're talking about here.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I don't give a rip about any of their verbal skills as long as they can communicate with each other and get the ball in the hole. 

TP, so true.  Although to me Paul and Ray (more so) are very good communicators in my eyes during those post game interviews.  Hey, I've got friends who speak incredibly well who text and Facebook like drunken 3 year olds, has nothing to do with their intelligence at all.  

Yeah, perhaps it's not entirely a matter of intelligence. However, being a huge Boston Celtics fan, I would prefer the face of the franchise didn't present himself like a "drunken three year old."

I consider myself a pretty good speaker ( i better be, just got into Law school) but my txt messages look about the same.

Im going for sped on a cell phone, not grammer perfection. If i want to write something that requires great grammer, its probley not something im putting on my cell.

for instance, this is a txt i sent yesterday to a friend

"u up? what u up 2 this W/e? let me no asap"

i suppose i could have taken an extra minute to write out the whole sentance, but whats the point? it got the message across.

Twitter isn't a blog, it has a character limit. its popular because you can do it from a txt message, thus negating the need to sit down and type out a blog post (ala' gilbert)

I totally agree with you. When I have time, I write my text with good grammar and punctuation but when I'm lazy or in a hurry I just txt. It doesn't mean I don't know how to write, and I'm not bothered at all by Pierce's txts because it's part of the Twitter thing. Plus, it's interesting and fun to have some news by Pierce himself and I think we can assume he is sending all these twitts from his cellphone, which explains the txts.

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 04:23:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
In law school, I dated a girl who was one of Pierce's tutors at KU.  Word was that he wasn't the brightest guy, but really, who cares, right?  He's a great player, and he's using the Twitter thing to hook fans up with tickets (which he's under no obligation to do), so I've got no problem with his poor grammar / spelling.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
Funny thing is he speaks really well u wouldnt think he'd type that way, example given

http://videos.espn.com/m/video/21981622/paul_pierce_on_celtics_season.htm?pageid=17562&seek=66.949