Author Topic: Is Paul Pierce's twitter site really him?  (Read 3828 times)

Is Paul Pierce's twitter site really him?
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Being a big Paul Pierce fan, I have to wonder if it is really him on that site. If it is, I am genuinely embarrassed for the Celtics organization. My five year old cousin test messages me with better grammar than Paul is capable of. However, the really pathetic thing is that Pierce lacks common sense. Was it really that shocking that a lot of fans would want a ticket personally from you Paul? There is nothing wrong with getting your words out there. Gilbert Arenas does this very well. Perhaps Paul Pierce could learn a thing or two from Agent Zero. I hate to be the one to say this, but Paul Pierce is looking awfully slow.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:25:03 PM by KungPoweChicken »

Re: Is Paul Pierce's twitter site really him?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:23:42 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Its definetly him...I heard him talk about it on an interview on "Celtics Now"

I agree.. I was shocked when I first saw it, and thought No way it was him, because hes much more intelligent then what he comes off as on twitter
I dont think its an embarrasment honestly...Its Txt, and sloppy txting at that..
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Have you seen our press conferences?  These are not poets we're talking about here.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I don't give a rip about any of their verbal skills as long as they can communicate with each other and get the ball in the hole. 

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
its Jimmy Jam, KG's press person.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
This is a good example why children should not look at these guys as role models.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »

• Don Chaney
This is a good example why children should not look at these guys as role models.

Because of sloppy txt? Im pretty sure he updates it through his phone..plenty of people txt like that.

Also, he's actually trying to do a good thing and interact with the fans and give tickets away etc...Marburys now doing the same thing and rondo has been blogging for a while now, similar to "Agent Zero" ...My experience with twitter thus far is its worlds away from an actual blog..and if he were to type out an entire blog entry like that...eh that would be more embarassing
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:44:11 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Being a big Paul Pierce fan, I have to wonder if it is really him on that site. If it is, I am genuinely embarrassed for the Celtics organization. My five year old cousin test messages me with better grammar than Paul is capable of. However, the really pathetic thing is that Pierce lacks common sense. Was it really that shocking that a lot of fans would want a ticket personally from you Paul? There is nothing wrong with getting your words out there. Gilbert Arenas does this very well. Perhaps Paul Pierce could learn a thing or two from Agent Zero. I hate to be the one to say this, but Paul Pierce is looking awfully slow.

it is really him, he gave out tickets after the first one. also, im sure he doesnt care about grammer in a freakign text message, the point of them is to be quick. its not a novel.

gilbert writes long, drawn out posts.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

I dont think its an embarrasment honestly...Its Txt, and sloppy txting at that..

Agreed completely.  I'm not sure this separates him much from the masses worldwide who find themselves less than concerned with the grammar, punctuation or syntax of their online/texting expression of thoughts.  I find it more a sign of the continuing manifestation of AIM-speak in our culture than anything else.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Have you seen our press conferences?  These are not poets we're talking about here.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I don't give a rip about any of their verbal skills as long as they can communicate with each other and get the ball in the hole. 

TP, so true.  Although to me Paul and Ray (more so) are very good communicators in my eyes during those post game interviews.  Hey, I've got friends who speak incredibly well who text and Facebook like drunken 3 year olds, has nothing to do with their intelligence at all.  

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »

• Don Chaney

TP, so true.  Although to me Paul and Ray (more so) are very good communicators in my eyes during those post game interviews.  Hey, I've got friends who speak incredibly well who text and Facebook like drunken 3 year olds, has nothing to do with their intelligence at all.  

Agreed

And I dont think any of our guys post game talk is all that bad by the way...
KG has been known for sounding less then intelligent and slurs alot of slang and what not...but hes one of the smarter players on the court that ive ever seen so

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 02:41:34 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

Yeah, perhaps it's not entirely a matter of intelligence. However, being a huge Boston Celtics fan, I would prefer the face of the franchise didn't present himself like a "drunken three year old."

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 02:44:54 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
Where is Roy Hobbs' opinion on this matter?

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Yeah, perhaps it's not entirely a matter of intelligence. However, being a huge Boston Celtics fan, I would prefer the face of the franchise didn't present himself like a "drunken three year old."

I consider myself a pretty good speaker ( i better be, just got into Law school) but my txt messages look about the same.

Im going for sped on a cell phone, not grammer perfection. If i want to write something that requires great grammer, its probley not something im putting on my cell.

for instance, this is a txt i sent yesterday to a friend

"u up? what u up 2 this W/e? let me no asap"

i suppose i could have taken an extra minute to write out the whole sentance, but whats the point? it got the message across.

Twitter isn't a blog, it has a character limit. its popular because you can do it from a txt message, thus negating the need to sit down and type out a blog post (ala' gilbert)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:52:05 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I write better than I speak, and by a large margin.

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 02:48:33 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
text msgs are txt msgs
u got m.
short ways t write stuff
about u and oth. stuff
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!