Author Topic: Most intruiging cast....ever? (Movie)  (Read 10069 times)

Re: Most intruiging cast....ever? (Movie)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
They don't even need a plot...Just have all those guys together on the big screen for 90 minutes saying catch phrases and patting each other on the back. 

Hell, just make it a roast.

I totally agree.  I just want a mix of Rambo/Predator/Commando/Cliffhanger/Raw Deal/Rocky/Total Recall

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I get all my cars at police auctions!

I think Schwarzenegger only has a cameo in this one, but it's an interesting cast to be sure. 

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
First off, there's nothing intriguing about rappers, wrestlers and MMA fighters in movies, they destroy every project they touch. Unless Steven Segal's in it, then it's entertaining because it's so bad.

Great Escape of course, Ocean's 11 the original and the new ones, and let's not forget Quentin's new war movie, Inglorious Basterds. Mike Myers, Brad Pitt, Sam Jackson, Diane Kruger, Cloris Leachman, not a crazy cast, but an offbeat one.

Inglorious Basterds...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/

I was going to mention this, actually.   Tarantino actually had hoped that Inglorious Basterds would have that kind of cast.  He originally had Adam Sandler playing the "baseball-bat swinging jew bear" and originally intended the main nazi to be played by Arnold (first time he'd actually play someone from that region, apparently)... but apparently the governor couldn't take a role where he was known as the "jew hunter".   Then Tarantino re-wrote the role... briefly had Leonardo DiCaprio in mind...   Tarantino also had Eddie Murphy in mind for a role... he was going to "resurrect" his career.

Anyways... scheduling conflicts (Sandler wanted in, but had to do "Funny people" instead) limited the cast a bit.   I'm still excited to see it, though.

Back on topic: Wiki has some updated info on this Stallone flick.

Cast:

* Sylvester Stallone as Barney 'the schizo' Ross[1]
    * Mickey Rourke as Emanuel "Tool"[1]
    * Jet Li as Bao[1]
    * Jason Statham as Lee Christmas[1]
    * Dolph Lundgren as Gunnar Jensen[2]
    * Randy Couture as Hale Caesar [1]
    * Stone Cold Steve Austin as Dan Paine
    * Terry Crews as Agent Will Sands
    * Charisma Carpenter as Lacy
    * Eric Roberts as Monroe[1]
    * Arnold Schwarzenegger as Himself, Governor of California[2]

Notes:  Jean-Claude Van Damme was personally offered a role by Stallone, but turned it down.[3] This reportedly lead to Dolph Lundgren being cast instead. Kurt Russell also turned down a role[4], the role accepted by Couture was originally conceived as a role for Wesley Snipes but later rewritten for Couture.[5] Due to a scheduling conflict prior to filming, Forest Whitaker was replaced by Curtis Jackson for the role of Agent Will Sands[1], who was then in turn replaced by former NFL player Terry Crews.[6]

It's not a bad idea... just get a bunch of action stars together. 

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 12:51:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
 Bummer that Arnold is just playing himself.  Will we ever get a Stallone/Arnold buddy flick?  lol...

Couple retired action stars move into a suburban neighborhood.  Former rivals of the big screen.  Little do they know... they accidentally move in right next to each other.   Hijinx ensue.

Think "Grumpy Old Men", but with the two of them throwing each other off roofs and stuff.

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Bummer that Arnold is just playing himself.  Will we ever get a Stallone/Arnold buddy flick?  lol...

Couple retired action stars move into a suburban neighborhood.  Former rivals of the big screen.  Little do they know... they accidentally move in right next to each other.   Hijinx ensue.

Think "Grumpy Old Men", but with the two of them throwing each other off roofs and stuff.

That sounds like a fun film to watch.

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
First off, there's nothing intriguing about rappers, wrestlers and MMA fighters in movies, they destroy every project they touch. Unless Steven Segal's in it, then it's entertaining because it's so bad.

Great Escape of course, Ocean's 11 the original and the new ones, and let's not forget Quentin's new war movie, Inglorious Basterds. Mike Myers, Brad Pitt, Sam Jackson, Diane Kruger, Cloris Leachman, not a crazy cast, but an offbeat one.

Inglorious Basterds...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/

I was going to mention this, actually.   Tarantino actually had hoped that Inglorious Basterds would have that kind of cast.  He originally had Adam Sandler playing the "baseball-bat swinging jew bear" and originally intended the main nazi to be played by Arnold (first time he'd actually play someone from that region, apparently)... but apparently the governor couldn't take a role where he was known as the "jew hunter".   Then Tarantino re-wrote the role... briefly had Leonardo DiCaprio in mind...   Tarantino also had Eddie Murphy in mind for a role... he was going to "resurrect" his career.

Anyways... scheduling conflicts (Sandler wanted in, but had to do "Funny people" instead) limited the cast a bit.   I'm still excited to see it, though.

Back on topic: Wiki has some updated info on this Stallone flick.

Cast:

* Sylvester Stallone as Barney 'the schizo' Ross[1]
    * Mickey Rourke as Emanuel "Tool"[1]
    * Jet Li as Bao[1]
    * Jason Statham as Lee Christmas[1]
    * Dolph Lundgren as Gunnar Jensen[2]
    * Randy Couture as Hale Caesar [1]
    * Stone Cold Steve Austin as Dan Paine
    * Terry Crews as Agent Will Sands
    * Charisma Carpenter as Lacy
    * Eric Roberts as Monroe[1]
    * Arnold Schwarzenegger as Himself, Governor of California[2]

Notes:  Jean-Claude Van Damme was personally offered a role by Stallone, but turned it down.[3] This reportedly lead to Dolph Lundgren being cast instead. Kurt Russell also turned down a role[4], the role accepted by Couture was originally conceived as a role for Wesley Snipes but later rewritten for Couture.[5] Due to a scheduling conflict prior to filming, Forest Whitaker was replaced by Curtis Jackson for the role of Agent Will Sands[1], who was then in turn replaced by former NFL player Terry Crews.[6]

It's not a bad idea... just get a bunch of action stars together. 

Terry Crews is office linebacker Terry Tate. This is awesome.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
wow.larrbrd 33, that sounds like an awesome movie.

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
I am a big fan of the line up in the 1963 movie "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"  A who's who of almost all the funniest faces in hollywood up until that point.

check it out:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/fullcredits#cast

sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I am a big fan of the line up in the 1963 movie "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"  A who's who of almost all the funniest faces in hollywood up until that point.

check it out:

cut from that same mold was Rat Race.  I saw that one on my birthday the day after 9/11 (THE 9/11)...It was the perfect movie to break me away for a couple of hours from the terror.
Yup

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 08:07:35 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177

check it out:

cut from that same mold was Rat Race.  I saw that one on my birthday the day after 9/11 (THE 9/11)...It was the perfect movie to break me away for a couple of hours from the terror.

Yeah, Rat Race was billed as tribute to Mad+ World.

I also loved the cast of All The President's Men.  Who says you need a huge cast to have an amazing cast?
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

check it out:

Yeah, Rat Race was billed as tribute to Mad+ World.

I also loved the cast of All The President's Men.  Who says you need a huge cast to have an amazing cast?

The Outsiders was a great cast considering most of the actors/actresses were unknowns at the time.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Beat this cast? Trick question. Pick a random Marlon Brando movie, then just take the extra actors as gravy.

Or how's about Audrey Hepburn and whoever in Breakfast at Tiffany's

And plus you have to admit that the acting done by the horses in Birth of a Nation far exceeds anything Julia Roberts ever did and God SAVE your soul if you are even thinking "Erin Brokovich". I would have said the dalmations in 101 dalmations, but they were animated

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Beat this cast? Trick question. Pick a random Marlon Brando movie, then just take the extra actors as gravy.

And plus you have to admit that the acting done by the horses in Birth of a Nation far exceeds anything Julia Roberts ever did and God SAVE your soul if you are even thinking "Erin Brokovich". I would have said the dalmations in 101 dalmations, but they were animated

Although I like Marlon Brando, I think he is way overrated. His Missouri Breaks character is one of the worst acting jobs I've ever seen.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 08:48:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

lol, well I was more talking kitch (is that how you say that word?) than like...good.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:06 PM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Release date: April 23rd, 2010. 'Nough said.