Author Topic: Who has impressed you at the NCAA's  (Read 8822 times)

Re: Who has impressed you at the NCAA's
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 10:48:09 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I haven't been able to watch much college hoops this year, but from what little I've seen of the tournament I think Tyreke Evans will be an absolute steal in the late first round (as predicted by NBADraft.net). He can legitimately play both guard positions due to his great handle and ability to set up teammates/court vision. He has legit size for the off-guard (6'6") with plenty of quickness and athleticism to go with an uncanny knack for scoring the ball. I think he will turn into a real asset for some team. I also like what I saw of Cole Aldrich, but I think others see his potential so he is not really a sleeper. I didn't see DeMarre Carroll of Missouri listed on NBADraft.net and he is a senior, so I suspect he is not expected to get drafted. I liked what I saw from him on both sides of the court. He really seemed to be a smart, physical player who knows how to make his team better. I could see him being a real nice bench/energy player in the league.

I agree about Tyreke.  I'm not trying to make any predictions, but I really saw a lot of Dwyane Wade in him.  He could be special.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Hmm,

1. Ty Lawson. Picked against UNC because I thought he wasn't going to healthy, but man was that wrong. He is great at picking his spots and looks to be an outstanding shooter who always comes through.

2. Sam Young. This guy is going to be a legit NBA Player. Can shoot, block shots, drive, finish, defend. Has all the tools.

3. Flynn. Yea, he had a great Big East tourney, too, so maybe his stock didn't go any higher than it already was, but I thought he was very impressive for the Cuse. Good finisher for his size, too.

4. Derozan. I'm not completely sold on the guy, but he helped his stock out immensely in that BC game. He was all over the court and has all world athleticism.

5. Cole Aldrich. Guy is a solid big man. Doesn't have star potential, but he will be in an NBA rotation in 1-2 years.

yes, yes, yes, yes and Eric Montross

i agree with your top 4...and Alrdich reminds me so much of montross....which is not really a diss...montross was so good in college,,,but not an nba talent

as for your top 4....i love Young,,,such an athlete, same with Derozen

Lawson has been a favorite of mine for year,,,and dont get me started on Johnny Rondo Flynn...i love his game
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »

Offline MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Besides Griffin (duh), I've been impressed with Earl Clark. He's a solid 6'9", long, athletic and has a good touch on his shot from what I've seen. He wont be a go to player on a team, but he has the tools to be an extremely good defender and a 3rd or maybe 2nd option on offense. He might be a really good fit for a team like New York where he can shift between sf/pf spots.

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I haven't been particularly impressed with anyone, although I haven't watched as many games as I usually do.

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 12:01:51 AM »

Offline BigRedDog423

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm fully in the Young camp. One of the things that hasn't been mentioned is his freakishly good pump fake. It may be pretty old school of me to be impressed by that but I don't know if I've ever seen someone able to free themselves with a fake as consistently as he does.

Not only does that show an intelligence that will benefit him greatly in the NBA but it also shows a diligence and willingness to work on the smaller things. He'll be a great NBA player.

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 12:39:07 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Jonny Flynn!!!!

I'm a little, ok very biased, because I am currently sitting in my dorm at Syracuse University. His game has improved incredibly since the beginning of the year. He has always had great talent, but he has slowly become a smart player and has an incredible basketball IQ.

He definitely reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Rondo... with a better shot and a lot more control than rondo did when he first came to the NBA. He is very good defensively, but not quite as good as Rondo. But most important, he is confident in his game and has the heart of an Orange.

He's only a Sophomore and is staying a Cuse for at least another year... so basically, just mark us down for the final four in next years bracket.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Jonny Flynn!!!!

I'm a little, ok very biased, because I am currently sitting in my dorm at Syracuse University. His game has improved incredibly since the beginning of the year. He has always had great talent, but he has slowly become a smart player and has an incredible basketball IQ.

He definitely reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Rondo... with a better shot and a lot more control than rondo did when he first came to the NBA. He is very good defensively, but not quite as good as Rondo. But most important, he is confident in his game and has the heart of an Orange.

He's only a Sophomore and is staying a Cuse for at least another year... so basically, just mark us down for the final four in next years bracket.

i cant say that i am not jealous...ive always wondered what it is like to go to a bigtime school with pro prospects...as i said b4 i agree with the rondo-flynn comparison

but i would love to be able to experience the D1 fan experience if i could go back...heck as embarassin as it is...i am a grad student at BC and got excited when i saw tyrese rice, who is 4 years younger than me on campus...its just a cool thing to have at least some small connection to these "stars"
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I haven't been particularly impressed with anyone, although I haven't watched as many games as I usually do.

I hear what you're saying (writing).
Of recent years, this seems to be a pretty good year to be without a 1st round pick.  That said, I know I will get excited by the draft come June...  and of course, whichever team ends up with the #1 pick will be pumped to draft Blake Griffin (there is not even a close #2). 
Celtics fan for life.