Author Topic: Favorite C?  (Read 9519 times)

Re: Favorite C?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'd say the guy who gets me giddy about being a Celtics the most often is KG.  Given that as my standard here's my order:

KG
PP
Rondo
Ray
Perk (and he seems to be getting me more giddy all the time)
Powe/Baby (they switch up)
Eddie when he's hot (see Perk note)
Walker for his dunking prowess

But when all is right in the world it's all about the UBUNTU
Yup

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 09:14:06 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
This is an impossible question for me.  The team has just been so likeable right down the entire roster for the last few years.  I tend to get a little more excited watching the young players who are still developing make great plays because I tend to hope that will become the norm for them, whereas we already know what we have in the Big 3.  Rondo is just awesome to watch and he's a stud who is still developing so maybe I should vote for him.  TA is still very exciting to me when he blows by his defender and gets to the rim.  But the one guy who makes me jump off the couch almost every time he does anything is Leon.  I love Leon!  He is a little beast under the hoop. 

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 09:28:01 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
There isn't a player on this team I don't like.  I love them all but my favorite has never been a secret.  Perk has been my favorite ever since we drafted him.  There was just something about his attitude and work ethic that caught my attention. 

After Perk, Leon and Rondo are my favorites. (Could you guess that from my sig? :))

After those 3, I love everyone on this team.   I am very fast becoming a Bill Walker fan.  I really like the kid.  And I am liking Big Baby more and more every game.  And Ray Allen is right up there at the top too.  And of course Paul Pierce and KG have to be favorites too.  And Eddie House is a favorite.  I just love everyone on this team.  I even love the signings of Mikki Moore and Stephon Marbury.   

Once a player becomes a Celtic I love them. I think the only Celtic I didn't like (and still don't) is Mark Blount.

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Currently?
It's not even close.

A TP to anyone who guesses it first.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Kevin Garnett b/c he's the reason I jumped ship to become the Celtics fan I am today. I've always had a liking to the Celtics, including PP for being the lone Allstar for many years(and Antoine back in the day)And i rooted for them against NJ back in 2000 when The Spurs beat the Nets. All in all, KG fan for life, and now a Celtic fan as well
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Currently?
It's not even close.

PP?
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Currently?
It's not even close.

PP?

ANTOINE!!!
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Pierce.  

I grew up watching the Celtics with my dad, but didn't really become a real fan, as in "I like this team because I like them, not because my dad roots for them.", until Pierce's rookie season.  I was 14 years old, saw highlights of Pierce's first regular season game versus Toronto & just liked the way he played, started to watch games on a regular basis, & grew to develop my own affinity towards the team.  Have been a faithful follower ever since.

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I am probably gonna have to say KG. He was my favorite non-Celtic. Since he became a Celtic I've loved him even more. I'm not turning my back on Pierce (or Ray or Rajon) but KG shades it.

Currently?
It's not even close.

Ray Allen.

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 09:04:57 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
I am probably gonna have to say KG. He was my favorite non-Celtic. Since he became a Celtic I've loved him even more. I'm not turning my back on Pierce (or Ray or Rajon) but KG shades it.

Currently?
It's not even close.

Ray Allen.

You are correct sir!!  and a TP goes to ACF!   ;D
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 10:24:52 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
Paul Pierce and it's not even close.  He's the best player I have ever seen in a Celtics uniform and his pride and passion embody what it is to be a Celtic.  Out of the big three he is the only one that is truly "ours" and I've been cheering for him since I was 12 years old.

The Captain... and THE TRUTH!!! Paul Pieeeeeerce!!!

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Paul Pierce and it's not even close.  He's the best player I have ever seen in a Celtics uniform and his pride and passion embody what it is to be a Celtic.  Out of the big three he is the only one that is truly "ours" and I've been cheering for him since I was 12 years old.

The Captain... and THE TRUTH!!! Paul Pieeeeeerce!!!

+1

Exactly how I feel. TP for saving me the effort to type it up.

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 01:52:56 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Currently?
It's not even close.

Ray Allen.

Excuse me? :o >:(

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Currently?
It's not even close.

Ray Allen.

Excuse me? :o >:(

LOL... I didn't know SShoreFan was so mean.