Author Topic: Favorite C?  (Read 9514 times)

Favorite C?
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
This Celtics team is a joy to watch. Even though this year has been frustrating to say the least, it has been a lot of fun and hopefully the best to yet to come. Anyways, i started this thread to see who everyone's favorite Celtic is (this year's team). While I have really enjoyed watching Rondo and Sugar Ray, I absolutely LOVE watching Eddie House run wild all over the floor and go nuts after every 3. Its truly a joy to watch..hopefully we will see alot more of that this post season!

Who is your favorite Celtic?
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

Re: Favorite C?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:40:41 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
This Celtics team is a joy to watch. Even though this year has been frustrating to say the least, it has been a lot of fun and hopefully the best to yet to come. Anyways, i started this thread to see who everyone's favorite Celtic is (this year's team). While I have really enjoyed watching Rondo and Sugar Ray, I absolutely LOVE watching Eddie House run wild all over the floor and go nuts after every 3. Its truly a joy to watch..hopefully we will see alot more of that this post season!

tp for an interesting topic...i always find questions like this sooo hard no matter the sport..i would always say things like:

"of course Pedro is my favorite, but thats obvious besides him its troy o'leary

or  of course Brady is my fav. but thats obvious and besides him its David Givens

or of course Pierce is my fav but thats obvious and besides him its e-dubb/gomes/big al

but now...i still feel the same and as much as i love the KG, PP, and Ray,,,rondo is may fav to watch, so i'd go wit him
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:54:17 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I wish I could pick just one... I admire different traits in each of them, with KGs intensity and defensive prowess, Ray Allen's cool efficiency and effortlessness, Pierce's sense of history and connection to the Celtic legacy, Rondo's passing and confidence, and Perk's offensive development and ability to play within his role.

The whole unit, when healthy, plays so unbelievably well as a starting five that I can't pick just one. Their chemistry is amazing.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:56:06 PM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
I wish I could pick just one... I admire different traits in each of them, with KGs intensity and defensive prowess, Ray Allen's cool efficiency and effortlessness, Pierce's sense of history and connection to the Celtic legacy, Rondo's passing and confidence, and Perk's offensive development and ability to play within his role.

The whole unit, when healthy, plays so unbelievably well as a starting five that I can't pick just one. Their chemistry is amazing.

TP, this is why this team is so easy to love.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 11:58:22 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147

tp for an interesting topic...i always find questions like this sooo hard no matter the sport..i would always say things like:

"of course Pedro is my favorite, but thats obvious besides him its troy o'leary

or  of course Brady is my fav. but thats obvious and besides him its David Givens

or of course Pierce is my fav but thats obvious and besides him its e-dubb/gomes/big al

but now...i still feel the same and as much as i love the KG, PP, and Ray,,,rondo is may fav to watch, so i'd go wit him

Of course its Paul, but thats obvious, besides him its Tony Allen

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Pierce Allen (R) Garnett Rondo Walker Davis Perkins in level of "likeability"

But really this is a likeable buncha scrubs. Paul the captian, ray the chaplan, Garnett is like some grizzled old sergeant, Powe is the kid from the wrong side of the tracks made good, Rondo the cocky young gun, Walker the youngin out the prove himself, Baby the fat one, Perkins the mean one. Marbury the one lookin for redemption, Mikki "the hair" Moore, I mean really its a sitcom just waiting for the green light.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's Rondo for me. Hands down. I love his passing, his confidence, his passion, his almost football quarterback type fakes and handoffs and, of course, the-now-you-see-it-now-you-don't-one-hand-back-and-forth-with-the-ball layup. He has got me so excited about watching the Celtics for the next decade, just like Pierce did back in 1999 and 2000.

The similarities between the two at comparable experience levels is extraordinary. They were both cocky, they both had a bit of a chip on their shoulder, they both had that I'll prove you wrong attitude, they both were very, very good after a couple seasons and you just knew that both were just starting to scratch the top of the talent and basketball joy that they were going to show and give you.

I had that same giddiness with Big Al but I kinda like KG just a little bit too.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 12:52:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

KG And Mini kg Rondo. Ray when he's crushing three's, And Leon when he's Cleaning up down Low.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 04:30:09 AM »

Kiorrik

My apologies, but every time I wanted to give 1 person the no.1 spot in my fave list, I felt like I was being a **** cuz I didn't mention the rest. As said by Hoyo de Monterrey (TP'd ye for it,) it's the team spirit that makes me love the C's. I can't just pick one and not mention the others. I love them all.

Anyway, what I did was just make a top 5, so at the very least, I'd be able to mention *some* of them instead of just one.

1.R2
2.Jesus
3.Large Baby
4.Mansion
5.Scal

Reasons:

1.He's unselfish to the point where he's just plain passing when he should shoot. Passer FIRST. And still making it look ridiculously great. Love it. Rajon turned passing into an art form for me.

2.His smoothness is scary. Inspired me to work on my freethrow (and I went up from a lousy 40% all the way to 80% after a summer with at least 2000 freethrows) so yeh, he should be an example for a lot of kids/ballers.

3.I've yet to see Glen *give up a ball*. The kid goes for it. All the way. His heart, his D and his improvements have made me love him.

4.That guy has got a sense of humour, he can shoot the 3 like no other and knows how to get the crowd into it as well. Eddie is the man.

5.No need to explain. It's Scal [dang]it.

Honorable mention:
6.Gino.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 06:22:29 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
For me it is clearly Perk. He isn`t the most talented guy but it has been fun to watch him develop since coming to this team. We need more players who know their roles and work as hard as him in the NBA.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:14 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Pierce
Rondo
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 07:04:35 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Hard to choose but I'd say Ray, Pierce and Rondo. Obviously I also like KG and the rest of the team but I usually prefer Pierce, Ray and Rondo's actions to the rest of the team, I think they are more spectacular and enjoyable in a way.

From the bench Powe is clearly my favorite, though I'm mad when he is in "no passing mode".
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:18:41 AM by Drucci »

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 08:07:57 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

always.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:04:11 PM by xmuscularghandix »

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 08:43:42 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
in order:

1- pierce
2- rondo
3- kg
4- leon

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »

Offline idrinkdetergent

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
Hmm hard choice,
1 Eddie House, cant get enough of him I'm not sure why I just love yelling out his name when he hits the 3 and my wife tells me to be quiet the baby is sleeping.
2 Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE
3 KG
Everyone else is 4 depending on how they are playing.
"Sam Cassell was heckling on the sideline when I walked down, He looked at me and was like, ‘You're getting the ball, I know you're getting the ball!'
said Allen.

And did Cassell, a man of many words, have anything to say after that?

"No, I told him he needed to wear a tie."