Author Topic: Trade For Sean Williams.  (Read 5974 times)

Trade For Sean Williams.
« on: March 25, 2009, 01:28:24 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

While his stock is down. They would take Giddens and Powe right now for sure. That would give us the shot blocker and energy guy off the bench.  That would  put us over the top.

Re: Trade For Sean Williams.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 01:32:02 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I wouldnt give them Powe's sweaty socks.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 01:33:05 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

While his stock is down. They would take Giddens and Powe right now for sure. That would give us the shot blocker and energy guy off the bench.  That would  put us over the top.

hmm giddens AND powe?

I dont think so
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:03:28 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
LOL. Some people just can`t let it go. The guy isn`t a NBA player and you want to trade Powe for him...  ::)

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 06:52:18 AM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
Toine will get us over the top.
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:10 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Are you out of your mind?  Powe for Sean Willliams?  I can't for the life of me see why the Celtics would do something that stupid and they won't.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 09:00:21 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

leaving aside that this is an aweful trade, you can't make a trade right now. the trade deadline was like a month ago.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 09:54:24 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Well, we'd have to wait until the summer to do that, and the way things are going, he might be in jail by then.  Why would we trade Powe for him anyway?  Powe is a solid rotation player who proved himself in the playoffs, while Williams is a headcase who can't sneak into the rotation for the Nets. 
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:02:32 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Powe is better than Williams, by a lot.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
this might be the worst trade of all time that doesn't involve ray allen.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 10:14:03 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
While I think we all know that KGLL's OP was missing a lot of sensibility, like the trading deadline is over and that trading Powe and Pruitt for Williams is overpaying to the nth amount, let's not jump all over the sentiment behind his or her proposal. The basic idea is at some point, like this offseason, since Williams' stock is so low, why not try to grab him sionce he has athleticism pouring out of his ears and some good basketball instincts.

We could probably get Williams for a bag of balls at this point as long as that bag contained the equal amount of cash needed to okay the deal through the CBA. But here's the problem KGLL. Williams is not only pouring athleticism out of his ears he is also pouring bong smoke out of his mouth and stupidity out of his actions. He was kicked off his NCAA basketball team even when the coach and university knew that keeping him could mean a real run at the Final Four. Now NJ is going top be looking to get rid of him for next to nothing. These things tells you something about the person behind the basketball player.

And unfortunately that's what team's and coaches and front offices deal with, the real live person that happens to play basketball. I have a friend that is an SID(sports information director) for an ACC school. He tells me that Williams is an idiot and that his legal troubles that have been reported are just the tip of the iceberg in trying to handle him as a person, a player and an employee.

But there will be someone out there that thinks they can harness his actions and personality and get something out of him. That's why Chris Washburn and William Bedford both had three teams try to get them off the coke and try to get something out of them. It's why 7 teams thought they could get Oliver Miller to stop eating and try to get something out of him. Ultimately, these guys that show these horrendous character flaws early on are lost causes. Williams is one of those players and people.

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:04 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
well written nick.   With some guys which Williams may be one of them, its a hopeless cause. 

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yes, Williams is a great athlete.  But he's a bad basketball player so there would be no reason to even entertain the thought of aquiring him.  Williams makes Tony Allen look like Magic Johnson in terms of basketball IQ.  Williams is a poor man's Stromile Swift.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Sean Williams stock has been down his entire "career" (and I use the term "career" loosely).  With his abilities he should have been a lottery pick...should have led BC to a Final 4...shoulda coulda woulda
Yup

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Williams is the very reason so many people hate the NBA.  limitless natural talent, ability, and potential, and yet the idiot can't stay out of his own way long enough to actually live up to a shred of the ability.  All the while being paid millions of dollars to sit on the bench, while periodically getting arrested or suspended.  The guy is a joke.  I look forward to his bouncing between 2-3 teams in the future, all trying to capture the talent, all forced to give up on him.