Author Topic: Resident Evil 5  (Read 6154 times)

Resident Evil 5
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:55:12 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Just wondering who out there has played this and what they think of it. 

I rented it last week and so far think its worth the time. Just hope I dont get screwed on it like i did on RE0. >:(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:03:40 PM by angryguy77 »
Still don't believe in Joe.

Re: Resident Evil 5
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:29:45 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i havent played it yet, but people i know that have it cant stop saying how good it is.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 07:31:02 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I have every single resident evil game (i've been a fan since it came out in 96). I bought re5 day it came out and beat it the next day (I sat there and played it all day). Since i'm a big fan I loved it 2 death, but if your not a huge fan of the series and don't know any of the story lines from the old games it probably won't be as good imo. It still should be a fun game though either way.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
I played the remake for the cube and loved it. That game would make you jump. Then I played zero and loved it until I reached the end and ran out of ammo. It was a srew job, but I had fun up until that point. The current one is great. I'm itching to use that rockect launcher but dont want to waste it either. What guns did you upgrade the most? i have been pumping the money into the shotgun and sheva's pistol. Its been working out so far.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Fallout 3>>>Resident Evil 5?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
my posts are a little choppy, hard doing this and work at the same time.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
I have played the resident evil 5 demo many times and i cant wait to make enough money to buy it.  However, i am currently playing killzone 2 and its the best FPS i have ever played.  The online play is so addicting that i played it from 2am till 7am this morning and it only felt like an hour passed by.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
my posts are a little choppy, hard doing this and work at the same time.
RE5 you can easily replay stages to get more ammo. Also whenever you upgrade the capacity of a gun you get ammo for it. So you can really just farm for cash and buy ammo is you can't beat a stage with practice.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I upgraded the first pistol and shotgun to their max during my first run through the game. I didn't know about going back to repeat levels for ammo until AFTER I beat the game (bummer). I must've used every bullet/grenade/shotgun shell I had, I even had to sell some of my weapons to get $ for FA sprays at the end. The game ruined my social life for a few solid days though lol.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
resident evil 2 is in the top 3 best games of all time for me

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
How are the controls? I've played the demo, and didn't like how it felt. If it has improved I might consider giving it another chance. I've never played any resident evil game since RE 2. Why? I was young and it scared the crap out of me, lol. I miss that feeling.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:02 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
How are the controls? I've played the demo, and didn't like how it felt. If it has improved I might consider giving it another chance. I've never played any resident evil game since RE 2. Why? I was young and it scared the crap out of me, lol. I miss that feeling.

ALl of them have that stiff feeling to their controls. I didnt like it at first when I played the remake for the first time, but you will get used to it after a little time playing it. this one isnt as scary as the the previous ones, but it is fun.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Controls are very good I use the FPS like type D. You really need to up it to maximum sensitivity but other than that they are very natural. You can't move and shoot, I'm assuming that's the stiffness you're talking about.

Just part of the RE atmosphere. RE1 its like driving a tank....

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Controls are very good I use the FPS like type D. You really need to up it to maximum sensitivity but other than that they are very natural. You can't move and shoot, I'm assuming that's the stiffness you're talking about.

Just part of the RE atmosphere. RE1 its like driving a tank....

The controls never bothered me in any of them, what bothered me more was the removal of things that actually MADE the game scary. RE4 and 5 didn't scare me, all the others scared the **** out of me. RE3 (the nemesis encounters) and the RE1 remake were probably the scariest.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:32:05 PM by Scalablob990 »
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I don't mind the shift. They're definitely less scary now, largely because you aren't limited to a handful of bullets in 4 and 5.