Author Topic: The CB Bar and Lounge  (Read 97286 times)

Re: The CB Bar and Lounge
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
My son will be three weeks old tomorrow. I hadn't been out with the boys for almost a solid month before that (because nobody wants to stink like a barfly when telling the doctor that yes, the cervidil will be fine).

One of my best friends and I were supposed to go out tonight and get stupid drunk, with the blessing of my saintly wife. That plan ended the minute I got home from work. I called my buddy to tell him that Im not gonna be able to go out tonight. He's single and no kids, and responded, "So I left work today and decided to go out tonight and get hammered. How does that decision process compare with what happened to you?"

Salt, wound.

Reap what you sow   :P

« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2013, 12:15:30 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My son will be three weeks old tomorrow. I hadn't been out with the boys for almost a solid month before that (because nobody wants to stink like a barfly when telling the doctor that yes, the cervidil will be fine).

One of my best friends and I were supposed to go out tonight and get stupid drunk, with the blessing of my saintly wife. That plan ended the minute I got home from work. I called my buddy to tell him that Im not gonna be able to go out tonight. He's single and no kids, and responded, "So I left work today and decided to go out tonight and get hammered. How does that decision process compare with what happened to you?"

Salt, wound.

Went out in Potsdam last month.  I'd forgotten how many of the bars still haven't managed to work A/C into their business model.

Back to Blanton's, a very belated Mass Effect 3, and most importantly, zero tiny squalling people.

« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2013, 01:52:36 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Bud for dinner. Guinness for dessert. Jamesons for snack.

Bud heavy or Bud light?  Simply curious.

« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2013, 03:19:17 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Salt, wound.

Went out in Potsdam last month.  I'd forgotten how many of the bars still haven't managed to work A/C into their business model.

Back to Blanton's, a very belated Mass Effect 3, and most importantly, zero tiny squalling people.

Was it for Potsdam fest? Because i guarantee you were in maxfields, weren't ya? Pretty decent beer selection considering you're in a desert. I wonder if you were there on Friday or Saturday?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2013, 03:25:09 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

im in love wit it

sorry old E8

*sippin*

« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2013, 07:41:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Bud for dinner. Guinness for dessert. Jamesons for snack.

Bud heavy or Bud light?  Simply curious.
heavy.

« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Salt, wound.

Was it for Potsdam fest? Because i guarantee you were in maxfields, weren't ya? Pretty decent beer selection considering you're in a desert. I wonder if you were there on Friday or Saturday?

Not for Potsdam fest (I don't think), I was just in town to see friends.  It was definitely Maxfield's though, and it was one of those rare nights when NNY felt like North Carolina.  Which made it sweltering in there.  Good beer selection for the North Country though.

« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Wow Mrs. eja picked some good and smooth Portugese red wine. What was it you ask? How the heck should I know?

« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2013, 07:39:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
"Don't drink beer first thing in the morning! That's a sign of a substance abuser" says the person on their 4th cup of coffee.

« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Gave up beer for Lent. Worst. Lent. Ever.

« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Amazingly I wanted less alcohol after Lent.

That said....this year I added hard liquor (mostly bourbon and whiskey) to the rotation. That was rewarding.

« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

That said....this year I added hard liquor (mostly bourbon and whiskey) to the rotation. That was rewarding.

I rarely drink alone, but I think after work tonight I'm gonna hit up an off sale shop and grab myself a decent bottle of Scotch or Irish whiskey.  For some reason that sounds pretty darn tasty.

« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2014, 08:50:34 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I rarely drink alone, but I think after work tonight I'm gonna hit up an off sale shop and grab myself a decent bottle of Scotch or Irish whiskey.  For some reason that sounds pretty darn tasty.
I started drinking Jameson's last year by drinking it while reading Frank McCourt's memoirs. When you do that you don't feel as alone.

« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2014, 09:04:22 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Assuming Scottish independence happens I'm gonna need some scotch. What's the best brand? From Scotland.

« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2014, 09:43:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Drinkin sorta a moonshiny type thing. Gotta deal with the Rondo trade somehow.