Author Topic: giddens back to the D-League  (Read 11380 times)

giddens back to the D-League
« on: March 20, 2009, 04:56:02 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
"Boston Celtics J.R. Giddens has been reassigned to the Utah Flash of the D-League." looks like they are making room for the walking wounded

Re: giddens back to the D-League
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 05:40:51 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
...which means the Celtics have enough bodies now to occupy all of their bench seats and keep them warm. 

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:19:23 PM »

Offline burnin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
Is Giddens really that bad? From what little I've seen, he's long (like Posey), and can shoot the ball better than Walker.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Is Giddens really that bad? From what little I've seen, he's long (like Posey), and can shoot the ball better than Walker.

mo, but he has the misfortune of being a shooting guard, a position we have alot of depth at, and apparently not impressing the coaches as much as walker in practice.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 07:27:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think maybe giddens has a lot of maturing to do before becoming a player....thought he would get some time with the bench depleted

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
That might be it for Giddens for the year.  Too bad we didn't get to see him a little bit more.  We still really know nothing about him.  We've hardly seen him play in the NBA.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:39 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
That might be it for Giddens for the year.  Too bad we didn't get to see him a little bit more.  We still really know nothing about him.  We've hardly seen him play in the NBA.

That's about the most accurate assessment I've seen of a guy who has all of eight NBA minutes (all but eight seconds of which came in garbage time) to his name.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 01:05:53 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I guess the mystery continues. Is Giddens that bad? Is Giddens even on the roster next season?
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 03:18:43 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I don't think he's that bad, I just think he's the least experienced of our active SG's.  If the team didn't see some talent and potential there, I think they'd have cut him or traded him already.  There was a rumor that Danny was trying to move him earlier in the season, but keep in mind that Danny was trying to move him for a future first-round pick, which is very valuable - perhaps a pipe dream on Danny's part, but also perhaps an indication of his talent level.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I guess the mystery continues. Is Giddens that bad? Is Giddens even on the roster next season?

Were we making comments like this when Pruitt spent the whole year in D-League last year?

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 08:37:28 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
What Internet posters don't realize is the depth of the transition from college basketball - in Giddens' case, second-tier college basketball - to the NBA. He won't have an easy transition, and it's certainly not a given as some have assumed that he's a sure-fire NBA player.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 11:27:09 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen

Were we making comments like this when Pruitt spent the whole year in D-League last year?

And now Pruitt is such a stud this season?

Come on, I meant the Giddens comment as sarcasm. Obviously the kid isnt ready.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 12:05:57 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

Good news for Giddens is that the shuttle ride between the C's and the D-League will be much shorter next yr.

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 01:33:28 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen

Good news for Giddens is that the shuttle ride between the C's and the D-League will be much shorter next yr.
Wonder if they will have to take the bus?

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 10:56:04 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Not that it matters that much as he's not playing anyway, but why send him back while they have 3 players out? I mean, wouldn't he at least be an extra body in pcactice? Powe's out for like 3 weeks. Scal and TA are not likely to be back for quite some time. I'm kind of wondering, why now? The timing seem a little odd.