Author Topic: WWE  (Read 163264 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Want to start getting back to being a WWE fan and boy do I love reading your comments Yoki.

« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2014, 11:03:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Want to start getting back to being a WWE fan and boy do I love reading your comments Yoki.

TP!

It's still not interesting as the Attitude Era/Monday Night Wars days, but I just cant stray away from it.

It's still fun. Most of the storylines are still entertaining.

You should start by watching Raw tomorrow. The entire main storyline just got shifted, it should be a good way to come back.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #317 on: November 23, 2014, 11:44:21 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'll watch WWE regularly once Kurt Angle returns. How's the  contract negotiation going?

« Reply #318 on: November 24, 2014, 12:10:34 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'll watch WWE regularly once Kurt Angle returns. How's the  contract negotiation going?

Not sure about it. All I know is he wants a Brock Lesnar kind of contract and schedule and WWE said no to it.

In the meantime, the Network is free for another week. Survivor Series was great. The main event match was very unpredictable, the overall card was good, and you get to see Sting for the first time in a WWE ring. And you can watch it without paying. Give it a shot.

And no, WWE is not paying me to promote the Network. But a good deal is a good deal.

« Reply #319 on: November 24, 2014, 12:34:15 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's too bad it couldn't be the Wrestling network for $15 a month that would be awesome to get all the wrestling programs and ppv on one site and low fee. I'd go for that. I'm too neutral to subscribe to wwe.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:15:16 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ

Punk is telling his side of the story.

(Podcast contains profanity, you have been warned. Im not sure if I'm breaking Forums rules but if this is not allowed, please delete, and I apologize in advance).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:44:47 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »

« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2014, 06:44:52 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
almost 2 hour long...

i tried..fell off..

go on with out me..i'll cover you

*sippin*

« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
almost 2 hour long...

i tried..fell off..

*sippin*

I'm really interested. We havent had closure on this, and I think he's providing it on that Podcast.

« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
almost 2 hour long...

i tried..fell off..

*sippin*

I'm really interested. We havent had closure on this, and I think he's providing it on that Podcast.

i did listen on

only thing that he confirmed was that winners are predetermined and the fights are staged.

these guys... which i believe are the hardest working people in sports "entertainment" ...mark henry had a broken knee and performed every night....they all want that fat contract.dolla dolla bill yall..

and what they go thru..i understand

owen heart dead and many other with life long injuries..get that money..ufc fighter can make money only if the win...the losers hardly have enuff to cover hospital bills

« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2014, 07:15:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
almost 2 hour long...

i tried..fell off..

*sippin*

i did listen on

only thing that he confirmed was that winners are predetermined and the fights are staged.

these guys... which i believe are the hardest working people in sports "entertainment" ...mark henry had a broken knee and performed every night....they all want that fat contract.dolla dolla bill yall..

and what they go thru..i understand

owen heart dead and many other with life long injuries..get that money..ufc fighter can make money only if the win...the losers hardly have enuff to cover hospital bills

Im an hour in. He's been talking about how many bad business dealings he's been in, wrestling injured and not having a long term plan for feuds. Which could be the case.

« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2014, 07:41:41 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Is it real yet?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
This was fantastic..TP.

« Reply #327 on: November 28, 2014, 03:48:12 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Punk must still be delusional from all those concussions.

*Yes, you did quit. Took your ball and went home. You told HHH & Vince you were done & said goodbye out of the blue. If that isn't quitting, what is ?

*You worked a main event at Wrestlemania. For the past 15 + years, any opponent who went up against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania was main eventing. That's a huge match and opportunity. Why be ungrateful for that opportunity ?

*You're on the same level as HHH, Taker, Brock and Cena ? You truly believe they can't lace your boots ? That's horse pucky. I love the mind set, but you're lying to yourself.

*You don't like working for Vince, the organization, or how they do things.....but you loved cashing royalty checks. You loved it so much you went out and cleaned out your garage one day only to find one worth far more than 10k. What person with a brain leaves that sitting around ?

Concussions are real. Also, kids, don't do drugs.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:54:42 AM by aingeforthree »

« Reply #328 on: November 28, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
For the record, I do agree with him about the medical stuff he brings up. If that staph infection story is true, that's disgusting. The rest of his story is bunk though.

Punk is right and WWE is at fault although I do believe he’s exaggerating. I say that because it seems like he wants to have his cake and eat it too and I reckon his attitude was a big contributing factor not only to the creative side of things but with the medical stuff. Everybody works hurt. They all do it. That doesn’t make it right but it’s the way WWE has always been. These guys know what the schedule is before they sign up. Again, I’m not excusing it but when you go into something knowing what you’re up against and still complain, it’s kind of a mute point. It does highlight just how severe the schedule is though and that's perhaps the most [dang]ing thing about the whole interview; WWE medical.

Being the 'best' in a subjective 'sport' is an issue in itself. It's not a real sport. He's so wrapped up in his own self that he doesn't realize what business he's in. He's obviously got a huge ego. I find it odd he says he's difficult to work with yet lays the blame on everybody else. That's insane.

The pay issue is another false narrative. Punk had a good what ? 2 years being 'the guy' ? How does that make him feel he's owed money like 20 year veterans ? HHH , Taker, Cena, the Rock ? Cena's closer to his status but he's been on top for a decade. Brock Lesnar is a special case in himself, & Punk's nowhere close to that level. He's nowhere close to being entitled to the same money & nothing he says can change that.

At some point you have to be grateful for the company setting you up for success. This person is nowhere near that and seems a bit self entitled.  That's a shame considering this company put him on the map. He wouldn't even have a comic gig without the company he's trashing.

Getting fired on his wedding day was poor, but wasn't his wedding day a secret ?

« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.