Author Topic: WWE  (Read 163488 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2009, 11:00:57 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Spoilter Alert

just finished watching Orton vs. Cena... I love the finish, I really thought they were going to give the belt to Cena

now the key is to make Randy a dangerous heel, get him a nice win streak, he needs to move away from the cowardly heel role imo

continued spoilers:

Good lord what a main event, if that was jeff's last match, he and punk had an epic match! gotta be early favorite for match of the year. That was one hell of a swanton bomb.

I marked out for taker too, and awesome way to fool punk by switching places with hardy after punk was standing over him gloating.

Really good PPV, start to finsh. Only match that was a letdown was predictably kane vs kali and ECW's "oh uh, we have a match...k christan wins!" thing.

Gotta go to bed, but i thought matches of the night were:

Punk v Hardy (by a long shot)
ziggler vs rey (I still hate dolph's character though, just seems so generic...but he is a hell of a talent, and rey is rey. easily the second best match of the night)
Orton v cena (way to mess that restart up lillian, she screwed the  up twice hehe)
and then DX vs legacy

all four of those were really, really good.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2009, 11:01:36 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
ROH > WWE...imo.

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2009, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
it was weird on the Undertaker comeback, did the lights flash early? b/c I was thinking right before they went out, taker's coming back, call it my woman's intuition....

but yeah DL, I've never seen ROH, maybe I should check it out
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
ROH > WWE...imo.

MEh, i like there tag team stuff alot, just because WWE doesn't do true tag teams much anymore, they are just stepping stones to see who's a singles star in the making (i.e john morrison)

I will say, for me it depends on the show..err brand your comparing ROH to. If ROH were a WWE show it would go

1.Smackdown (best pure wrestling WWE has, light on promo's that aren't M/E'ers)

2.ROH (like there tag team action, and nigel)

3.raw (often relies to much on angles and interviews, and not on actual wrestling. See: guest host gimmick)

in order of "want to watch" for me.

EDIT @ Cdif: It's good, i like that its almost exclusively wrestling, they cut out almost all promo's, unless its a M/E guy. They have some talented guys there as well. Definitely worth a look.

Alot of the newer WWE crowd got there start there, like the new champion, and your straight edge hero, CM Punk!
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2009, 11:08:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
it was weird on the Undertaker comeback, did the lights flash early? b/c I was thinking right before they went out, taker's coming back, call it my woman's intuition....

i havent really watched wwe in several yrs.  slowly stopped once wcw and ecw were bought out.  vince owned it all and the lack of competition made his product extrememly boring, mundane, and watered down for my taste.  

alot of roh's talent have moved on to wwe and tna.  the first 3 yrs or so of roh were among the best wrestling i have seen with regards to wrestling and talent.

« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2009, 11:16:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

i havent really watched wwe in several yrs.  slowly stopped once wcw and ecw were bought out.  vince owned it all and the lack of competition made his product extrememly boring, mundane, and watered down for my taste.  

alot of roh's talent have moved on to wwe and tna.  the first 3 yrs or so of roh were among the best wrestling i have seen with regards to wrestling and talent.

well, that and the ratings swich to PG instead of TV-14

Once they lost rock and austin, All they really had left from the attitude era was Y2J and H3, and they weren't carrying the ratings with parent's not letting their kids watch. Rumors are Vince was about to get booted off USA since only 20+ year olds were watching.

Thus the move to "safer" angles and cutting down the risky angles that made the attitude era so awesome :/

It still kills raw, i might catch one raw a month if im bored. Smackdown, where the emphasis seems very ROH like, and they focus more on wrestling, still has me watching though.

Between punk, morrison, the hart dynasty, crime time, jericho, rey, ziggler, heck even mike knox and R-truth, they easily have the best actual in ring talent.

RAw is just a bloated show, though im quite happy they are pushing randy orton, who is easily the only good thing about raw's M/E.

Hell, if smackdown somehow got orton and legacy, and added kofi and evan bourne, it would be the perfect show :D

« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

well, that and the ratings swich to PG instead of TV-14

Once they lost rock and austin, All they really had left from the attitude era was Y2J and H3, and they weren't carrying the ratings with parent's not letting their kids watch. Rumors are Vince was about to get booted off USA since only 20+ year olds were watching.

Thus the move to "safer" angles and cutting down the risky angles that made the attitude era so awesome :/

It still kills raw, i might catch one raw a month if im bored. Smackdown, where the emphasis seems very ROH like, and they focus more on wrestling, still has me watching though.

Between punk, morrison, the hart dynasty, crime time, jericho, rey, ziggler, heck even mike knox and R-truth, they easily have the best actual in ring talent.

RAw is just a bloated show, though im quite happy they are pushing randy orton, who is easily the only good thing about raw's M/E.

Hell, if smackdown somehow got orton and legacy, and added kofi and evan bourne, it would be the perfect show :D

I would definitely rather see 20+ minute matches than 20 minute interviews/segments... that would be a welcome change to the current WWE formula (we're occasionally getting it now, but still need more of it imo)

« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2009, 11:21:16 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
ROH > WWE...imo.

MEh, i like there tag team stuff alot, just because WWE doesn't do true tag teams much anymore, they are just stepping stones to see who's a singles star in the making (i.e john morrison)

I will say, for me it depends on the show..err brand your comparing ROH to. If ROH were a WWE show it would go

1.Smackdown (best pure wrestling WWE has, light on promo's that aren't M/E'ers)

2.ROH (like there tag team action, and nigel)

3.raw (often relies to much on angles and interviews, and not on actual wrestling. See: guest host gimmick)

in order of "want to watch" for me.

EDIT @ Cdif: It's good, i like that its almost exclusively wrestling, they cut out almost all promo's, unless its a M/E guy. They have some talented guys there as well. Definitely worth a look.

Alot of the newer WWE crowd got there start there, like the new champion, and your straight edge hero, CM Punk!

roh's scramble matches were and are always the best.  used to love watching amazing red with SAT.  

« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
speaking of ROH

WWE just signed The American Dragon Bryan Danielson...

« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2009, 11:28:25 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
speaking of ROH

interesting.....i think he has lost some of his edge.  if they got him a few yrs ago, it would be best for both parties, imo.  his style wont win the wwe fans over, thats for sure.

« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2009, 11:30:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
speaking of ROH

interesting.....i think he has lost some of his edge.  if they got him a few yrs ago, it would be best for both parties, imo.  his style wont win the wwe fans over, thats for sure.

He's 26!

Making my fellow 26 year old self feel ancient DL ;D

awesome in ring talent, i hope he goes to smackdown, where that's actually valued.

He'll be buried in the mid card on raw, taking the "flying shoulder tackles of DOOOM" from cena.

speaking of that, how awesome is it for non-cena fans (like me) that the crowd actively cheered orton all night tonight and boo'd cena's tired "four shoulder blocks into the attitude adjustment!!" antics?

« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2009, 11:32:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
speaking of ROH

He's 26!

my bad.  too be honest, i didnt realize he was that young.  i just think he was better, at least tactically and technically, a few yrs ago.

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2009, 11:32:37 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
speaking of ROH

He's 26!

TP for being 26 like myself!

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2009, 11:34:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
speaking of ROH

He's 26!

my bad.  too be honest, i didnt realize he was that young.  i just think he was better, at least tactically and technically, a few yrs ago.

TP right back at ya :D

I hope not DL, that would stink. I haven't seen alot of him though, outside of youtube vids and a few matches in ROH. hope he does well. Always good to see new guys hit the WWE.

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2009, 11:37:43 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
i believe danielson would fit in very well on either smackdown or ecw

i think he is ready to jump into one of the TV rosters ASAP, provided that he doesnt touch a mic - ever