Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 57565 times)

Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Such a GOOD episode.

"Out burying bodies?"

"...robbing a train."

Anybody catch that Heat reference? I feel like every little reference has a deeper meaning.

Todd is going to grow on Walt. I see Walt siding with Todd over Jesse on the incident with the little kid. Ultimately causing a disagreement between Walt and Jesse. I think this is the beginning of Heisenberg's demise.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Such a GOOD episode.

"Out burying bodies?"

"...robbing a train."

Anybody catch that Heat reference? I feel like every little reference has a deeper meaning.

Todd is going to grow on Walt. I see Walt siding with Todd over Jesse on the incident with the little kid. Ultimately causing a disagreement between Walt and Jesse. I think this is the beginning of Heisenberg's demise.

The beginning?  LOL

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 09:13:49 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think we have actually just witnessed the rise of Heisenberg with all of that Methylamine, to a Gus Fring level. Dont see the kid being shot as a conflict between Walt and Jesse. Now Walt has someone willing to do literally anything he says in Todd. Mike imo isnt going to live past this season, Todd could be his new replacement.

This show has everything, I cant wait until next Sunday.

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I think we have actually just witnessed the rise of Heisenberg with all of that Methylamine, to a Gus Fring level. Dont see the kid being shot as a conflict between Walt and Jesse. Now Walt has someone willing to do literally anything he says in Todd. Mike imo isnt going to live past this season, Todd could be his new replacement.

I don't think he'll live past the next episode. Mike really serves no purpose in the show that Todd couldn't fill. He is also a liability with all the people he has to pay off...If they kill Mike maybe the others will be shocked and all keep their mouths shut...

Anyone see the preview for next week? Mike says he is done and mentions something about speaking to the DEA...

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2012, 12:13:38 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

I don't think he'll live past the next episode. Mike really serves no purpose in the show that Todd couldn't fill. He is also a liability with all the people he has to pay off...If they kill Mike maybe the others will be shocked and all keep their mouths shut...

Anyone see the preview for next week? Mike says he is done and mentions something about speaking to the DEA...

Todd lacks the experience, skills and intelligence that Mike has. I'd feel a lot more safe if it was Mike having my back. Not to mention, Todd seems a bit reckless. Yeah, Todd is a ruthless killer just like Mike, but I don't think he'd survive in a gunfight with the cartel or something. Mike can take on 5-7 guys just on smarts alone.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2012, 01:11:26 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I know that the writers main objective is to get me to hate Walt but i can't bring myself to do it. I keep rooting for him. I think a big part of is pity. I pity the guy. He's reaped none of the benefits of his ventures thus far. His wife is waiting for him to die, he doesn't see his kids, and he still has the overwhelming sense of being a failure at 51 years old. On top of that it was just revealed that he sold his share of a now multi billion dollar company for $5000.

It was frustrating as a viewer watching this episode and just thinking "TAKE THE 5 MILLION DOLLARS, WALT, YOU IDIOT!" But then you learn something about Walts past you didn't know and you think "Wow, no wonder he won't take the buy out." It's kind of like Mike and the "No half Measures" thing. But i think everyone sort of has the intuition that this is going to be Walts fatal mistake, not taking the buy out. It'll be really intersting to hear Walters plan to keep everybody happy but i just have the feeling that there is no way it won't come back and bite Walter in the butt. They got lucky with the magnet and the Methylamine heistt, i have a feeling they won't be lucky again with whatever they're trying to pull off.

Each episode this season has been an absolute roler coaster ride but they still have alot to answer in just 10 more episodes of the series. Will Jesse ever find out the terrible secrets Walt keeps from him? Will Hank ever find out about Walts double life? How/why did Walt come to change his identity? When will Skylar crack?

My theory is that **** hits the fan soon because in the flash forward which takes place a little less than one year from present time in the show, Walt has a full head of hair and unless that's a whig it means he stops shaving it soon which means the heisenburg gig is up in the near future.

My guess is that the next 2 episodes show the fall of Walter White and all 8 episodes next season show future Walt aka Mr. Lambert.

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
"Dead Freight" holy crap at that ending...

Spoilers--

Can't believe Todd shot that kid without hesitation.
He's a go-getter.  A bright future in the world of crime.  It will be interesting to see how Walt reacts to it.  I know Jesse screamed "NOOOO!!", but I'm not so sure Walt did.  Having no witnesses was key... killing kids is horrible, but Walt is evil at this point...  he wanted to kill the drivers too.  Walt was taking a shine to Todd already... it's possibly this will just improve Walt's impression of him.

That's an intersting take on it. Taking lives is a non issue for Walt at this point. The writers have done a really great job at showing his transformation to the dark side.

Love this show and think this season has lived up to expectations. I really can't see how they're going to end the series in just more 12 more episodes though. I guess things are about to pick up more which i'm looking forawrd to.
Yeah lets keep in mind this wouldn't have been the first time he put a child's life at danger... he nearly killed Jesse's girlfriend's kid.  And he did nothing as he watched Jesse's ex-girlfriend overdose in bed.  He had Jesse kill Gale.  The dude is evil at this point.  "No loose ends".  Of course, I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Walt sees it as an admirable trait that Todd reacted without hesitation.  That's the kind of guy he can count on to do his bidding.  When you're building an evil empire... it's nice to have henchmen who will shoot a kid at the drop of a dime.

Besides... Todd was only doing what Walt told him to do:

"jesse : '...the point is no-one, other than us, can ever know that this robbery went down - nobody , got it ?'

tod : 'yeah - absolutely'

walt : 'are you sure ?'

tod : 'yes sir'"

Funny.  I meant to post a joke along the lines of "What about the tarantula?".  Sure enough they did not forget that detail.  There are very few extraneous moments in this series.  Clearly Todd is going to screw something up by keeping the spider jar. 

Hmmmmmm...

The dinner scene was classic Jesse last night.  You really don't get to see too much of that sort of thing anymore from him since he cleaned up his act.  He was a very funny character for the first few seasons.
Yup

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
The dinner scene was classic. I love how Walt not only was okay with Jesse coming to the house but insisted he stayed for dinner. A huge change from where he stood just months ago. Also, Jesse was spot on with the Microwavable Lasagna.

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Bold prediction: Walt's killing Mike either at the end of the season or sometime early in the next one. Mike has too many loose ends and Walt has outsmarted him several times since season 3. You don't think Heisenberg hasn't forgotten about the man who beat the crap out of him (not named Jesse Pinkman) just a few months ago?

Prediction for the series: Walt's greatest enemy in the end is going to be...(wait for it) JESSE PINKMAN. Walt has too many secrets hidden from Jesse, and it wouldn't make sense for those secrets to be hidden forever. If it doesn't come out, then there was hardly a point to Jane's character other than causing those planes to crash into each other (which didn't really alter the show much). There was always a point to the other side characters like Ted and Walt's former business partners who sold him out. There has to be a better long-term point to Jane.

That, and Jesse knows what Walt has done throughout the series, down to last chip of blue glass that was made by the two of them. If the secrets are revealed, Jesse has a ton on Walt, and he's threatened to rat him out before (when Hank beat Jesse up). Jesse is the ideal candidate to take down Heisenberg.

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2012, 08:15:20 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
Bold prediction: Walt's killing Mike either at the end of the season or sometime early in the next one. Mike has too many loose ends and Walt has outsmarted him several times since season 3. You don't think Heisenberg hasn't forgotten about the man who beat the crap out of him (not named Jesse Pinkman) just a few months ago?

Prediction for the series: Walt's greatest enemy in the end is going to be...(wait for it) JESSE PINKMAN. Walt has too many secrets hidden from Jesse, and it wouldn't make sense for those secrets to be hidden forever. If it doesn't come out, then there was hardly a point to Jane's character other than causing those planes to crash into each other (which didn't really alter the show much). There was always a point to the other side characters like Ted and Walt's former business partners who sold him out. There has to be a better long-term point to Jane.

That, and Jesse knows what Walt has done throughout the series, down to last chip of blue glass that was made by the two of them. If the secrets are revealed, Jesse has a ton on Walt, and he's threatened to rat him out before (when Hank beat Jesse up). Jesse is the ideal candidate to take down Heisenberg.

How can you say there was no point to Jane? Jesse was in love with her.

I agree that Walt and Jesse will end up being enemies and that Jesse will find out Walt's secrets. But the question is how? Maybe Saul ends up telling Jesse that Walt poisoned the kid? But Saul would have to be under some serious heat to give up that information, he's proved to be pretty loyal. Can't wait to see how the writers work that in.

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I know that the writers main objective is to get me to hate Walt but i can't bring myself to do it. I keep rooting for him. I think a big part of is pity. I pity the guy. He's reaped none of the benefits of his ventures thus far. His wife is waiting for him to die, he doesn't see his kids, and he still has the overwhelming sense of being a failure at 51 years old. On top of that it was just revealed that he sold his share of a now multi billion dollar company for $5000.

It was frustrating as a viewer watching this episode and just thinking "TAKE THE 5 MILLION DOLLARS, WALT, YOU IDIOT!" But then you learn something about Walts past you didn't know and you think "Wow, no wonder he won't take the buy out." It's kind of like Mike and the "No half Measures" thing. But i think everyone sort of has the intuition that this is going to be Walts fatal mistake, not taking the buy out. It'll be really intersting to hear Walters plan to keep everybody happy but i just have the feeling that there is no way it won't come back and bite Walter in the butt. They got lucky with the magnet and the Methylamine heistt, i have a feeling they won't be lucky again with whatever they're trying to pull off.

Each episode this season has been an absolute roler coaster ride but they still have alot to answer in just 10 more episodes of the series. Will Jesse ever find out the terrible secrets Walt keeps from him? Will Hank ever find out about Walts double life? How/why did Walt come to change his identity? When will Skylar crack?

My theory is that **** hits the fan soon because in the flash forward which takes place a little less than one year from present time in the show, Walt has a full head of hair and unless that's a whig it means he stops shaving it soon which means the heisenburg gig is up in the near future.

My guess is that the next 2 episodes show the fall of Walter White and all 8 episodes next season show future Walt aka Mr. Lambert.

I think you're misreading that. Walt purposely told Jesse about that story in order to have him feel compassion for him. Time and time again he does and says things to Jesse in order to serve his ulterior motives. I also believe that Walt invited Jesse over for dinner knowing full well Skyler would arrive while he was still there. His plan worked to perfection as Jesse saw firsthand how rough Walt has it. Definitely playing the sympathy card.

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell

How can you say there was no point to Jane? Jesse was in love with her.

I agree that Walt and Jesse will end up being enemies and that Jesse will find out Walt's secrets. But the question is how? Maybe Saul ends up telling Jesse that Walt poisoned the kid? But Saul would have to be under some serious heat to give up that information, he's proved to be pretty loyal. Can't wait to see how the writers work that in.

Thing is that was in the short term. I'm talking about the fact that Jane really hasn't made a long-term effect on the show just yet. There hasn't been anything about her death that has gone on to effect the show now. Jesse's changes in personality were more due to him killing Gale and working with Gus. Jane really hasn't affected his character in the long-term, BUT, that can change if it is revealed that Walt let her die.

What I'm saying is, things that happened in the past that seemed unrelated to the show in the long term have ALWAYS come back to affect what happened in the long-term. Like Skyler's relationship with Ted. What seemed like just a vengeful affair by Skyler to get back at Walt for hiding everything that wouldn't really be brought up again turned out to be another useful way to deflect the Whites from having to confess Walts' business in the meth business (like when they said Walt was addicted to gambling).

Other examples:

-When Combo was shot down by a kid, the show didn't really touch on it UNTIL it was revealed that the kid who shot him was the little brother of Jesse's new flame. And we all know what happened after that.

-In the short term, I figured Hector Salamanca was going to be someone who would always try to kill Walt out of pure revenge, but it turned out the long-term point of his character was to kamikaze Gus via Walt's planning.

The reason why this applies to Jane is because her death could potentially play a role in Jesse's turning on Walt because it's one of two big secrets that Walt is hiding from Jesse besides him poisoning Brock. Or perhaps, Walt might use her death to continue to get Jesse on his side. He could tell jesse that he always knew what was best for Jesse by using Jane's death. He could tell him he went to Jesse's place that night to talk some sense into him and instantaneously saw Jane choking on her vomit when he got in and thought about saving her but decided it was better for Jesse that she die because Jesse did point out that they would have been dead in a few weeks had she still been alive.

Anyway, I think that would give Jane a point in the long-term rather than just being a girl that Jesse falls for in a season.

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

Offline banty19

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 25

Agreed. I think the show ultimately comes down to Walt vs. Jesse. Jesse will definitely find out about either the poisoning, Jane, or both. The only question I have is will Jesse actually take out Walt or will he be the bigger man and walk away? I think Jesse's grown too much to kill again, despite the horrible stuff Walt has done.

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2012, 09:53:10 PM »

Offline banty19

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 25
Thing is that was in the short term. I'm talking about the fact that Jane really hasn't made a long-term effect on the show just yet.

One thing to keep in mind is that this show didn't do a lot of long-term planning early on. They had a general story arc of where they wanted to go: Walt goes from good to bad. But how they got there was ad libbed as they went along. Jesse was supposed to die in Season 1. Gus was supposed to be a one or two episode character. Google both of them.

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
Thing is that was in the short term. I'm talking about the fact that Jane really hasn't made a long-term effect on the show just yet.

One thing to keep in mind is that this show didn't do a lot of long-term planning early on. They had a general story arc of where they wanted to go: Walt goes from good to bad. But how they got there was ad libbed as they went along. Jesse was supposed to die in Season 1. Gus was supposed to be a one or two episode character. Google both of them.

Goes to show how much good acting can take you. TPs for Aaron Paul and Giancarlo Esposito for their performances. Since we're on that topic, look at how much "Breaking Bad" has done for Bryan Cranston. He went from that guy who played Tim Whatley on Seinfeld and the lovable dorky dad Hal from Malcolm in the Middle to a hardcore, genius, SOCIOPATHIC drug dealer, and he pulls it off incredibly. It's because of this that Cranston's actually a big celebrity now and is starring in movies. I never realized how amazing of an actor Bryan Cranston is until I watched Breaking Bad, even if the man did kinda ruin my childhood in the process.

Still though, I feel like Jane should definitely have a long-term effect on the show because she was a huge part of season 2.