Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 57579 times)

Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I love the show, sadly I'm way behind. I've only seen up to the end of season three

Well you're in luck. A case could be made for season 4 being the best of them all.

Love this show. So many awesome characters. Picked up right where it left off, and I think it's going full steam for the entirety of the final 15 episodes. Walt has no limits.
 last night was a bit of a letdown but that was to be expected after last season's finale. I really don't know how they could even startf back up after that.  Especially where they've already said this is the final season.

The opening scene was interesting... I see Walt sliding into Gus' position. I think since this is the final season, it should focus on Walt's rise and then quickly followed by his fall in the later half of the season. Maybe Jesse kills off Walt in the finale once and for all? Who knows. This show can go in many different directions from here on out.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I love the show, sadly I'm way behind. I've only seen up to the end of season three

Well you're in luck. A case could be made for season 4 being the best of them all.

Love this show. So many awesome characters. Picked up right where it left off, and I think it's going full steam for the entirety of the final 15 episodes. Walt has no limits.
  last night was a bit of a letdown but that was to be expected after last season's finale. I really don't know how they could even startf back up after that.  Especially where they've already said this is the final season.

Mike said something to the effect of, "you have no idea what you've done" when referring to Gus's death. I have a feeling it'll be less about trying to start it back up, and more about the repercussions of killing Gus. That, and avoiding Hank
I want more Mike.  The 3 of them together is pretty awesome.
Yup

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2012, 04:33:53 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Some people complained about how nothing happened in this opener. But Aaron Paul described this season as "the bloodbath that is season 5." This episode was interesting and was necessary to get the ball rolling.

TED HOLY CRAP.

I can't wait to see the probable showdown between Hank and Walt.

This show man. This show. It gets to you.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:04 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33

last night was a bit of a letdown but that was to be expected after last season's finale. I really don't know how they could even startf back up after that.  Especially where they've already said this is the final season.

Mike said something to the effect of, "you have no idea what you've done" when referring to Gus's death. I have a feeling it'll be less about trying to start it back up, and more about the repercussions of killing Gus. That, and avoiding Hank

I agree. The more Mike the better.

No need to post the link, but I just read that the role of Walter White was passed on by both John Cusak and Matthew Broderick.....could you imagine? Cranston is huge part of why this show is so good. Even with the great writing I don't think either Cusak or Broderick could play Walt even half as well.

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 01:56:25 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.

I agree. The more Mike the better.

No need to post the link, but I just read that the role of Walter White was passed on by both John Cusak and Matthew Broderick.....could you imagine? Cranston is huge part of why this show is so good. Even with the great writing I don't think either Cusak or Broderick could play Walt even half as well.

I agree. They just couldn't "get there" emotionally.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:42 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
*Spoilers*

Just finished season 4, RIP to my man Gustavo Fring. One of my favorite fictional criminal masterminds to date. He was simply a great character and some great acting from the actor who portrayed him Giancarlo Esposito. Walter has definitely crossed that line using the kid to turn Jesse against Gus.

Now to catch up with the current episodes.

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 04:13:20 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Just some obsvervations from S5ep2 and beyond...

- Walt hid the the Ricin Pill in his wall behind a plug...Foreshadowing anyone?

- Jessie finds the Ricin cigarette  in the Roomba or whatever the vacuum is called...Could he throw a cigarette on the ground later in the season to find that the Roomba doesn't suck things up that size? (This would immediately pit him against Walt)

- Anyone think Officer Steve Gomez could have been Gus's man on the inside? he always discouraged Hank from going on those trips to Los Pollos Hermanos. Would be an amusing plot twist.

- Walt had his wedding ring off at the first scene in S5ep1 clearly something major goes down with Skylar...She reports him to the police, they divorce...Something major that would get him to remove his ring. Walt has apparently changed his identity, so I would guess the first one.

Anyone else have any ideas?

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »

Offline Stizz44

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Walt has a new idenity under that name, so I'm thinking his new idenity is a sinlge-unmarried man. Remember in the first season Tuco said "i like doing business with a family man, lots of collatral."

But it is possible that stuff went down and Skyler is dead. Walts new name-- "Lambert" is Skylers maiden name, so she could be dead and Walt chose that name to pay tribute.

We will see as the season progresses...... ;D

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
2nd episode was intense. Mike is becoming one of my favorite characters. Such a smooth criminal.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
2nd episode was intense. Mike is becoming one of my favorite characters. Such a smooth criminal.

The more Mike the better.

He's awesome.

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

The more Mike the better.

He's awesome.
He's basically "The Wolf" from Pulp Fiction.

Gustavo was kinda Keyser Soze.

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2012, 12:15:45 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
"Dead Freight" holy crap at that ending...

Spoilers--

Can't believe Todd shot that kid without hesitation.

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2012, 02:32:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Spoilers--

He's a go-getter.  A bright future in the world of crime.  It will be interesting to see how Walt reacts to it.  I know Jesse screamed "NOOOO!!", but I'm not so sure Walt did.  Having no witnesses was key... killing kids is horrible, but Walt is evil at this point...  he wanted to kill the drivers too.  Walt was taking a shine to Todd already... it's possibly this will just improve Walt's impression of him. 

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2012, 02:42:08 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226

Spoilers--

He's a go-getter.  A bright future in the world of crime.  It will be interesting to see how Walt reacts to it.  I know Jesse screamed "NOOOO!!", but I'm not so sure Walt did.  Having no witnesses was key... killing kids is horrible, but Walt is evil at this point...  he wanted to kill the drivers too.  Walt was taking a shine to Todd already... it's possibly this will just improve Walt's impression of him.

That's an intersting take on it. Taking lives is a non issue for Walt at this point. The writers have done a really great job at showing his transformation to the dark side.

Love this show and think this season has lived up to expectations. I really can't see how they're going to end the series in just more 12 more episodes though. I guess things are about to pick up more which i'm looking forawrd to.

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Spoilers--

That's an intersting take on it. Taking lives is a non issue for Walt at this point. The writers have done a really great job at showing his transformation to the dark side.

Love this show and think this season has lived up to expectations. I really can't see how they're going to end the series in just more 12 more episodes though. I guess things are about to pick up more which i'm looking forawrd to.
Yeah lets keep in mind this wouldn't have been the first time he put a child's life at danger... he nearly killed Jesse's girlfriend's kid.  And he did nothing as he watched Jesse's ex-girlfriend overdose in bed.  He had Jesse kill Gale.  The dude is evil at this point.  "No loose ends".  Of course, I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Walt sees it as an admirable trait that Todd reacted without hesitation.  That's the kind of guy he can count on to do his bidding.  When you're building an evil empire... it's nice to have henchmen who will shoot a kid at the drop of a dime.

Besides... Todd was only doing what Walt told him to do:

"jesse : '...the point is no-one, other than us, can ever know that this robbery went down - nobody , got it ?'

tod : 'yeah - absolutely'

walt : 'are you sure ?'

tod : 'yes sir'"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:40:07 AM by LarBrd33 »