Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 57568 times)

Re: Anyone else excited for the Third Season of Breaking Bad?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 07:42:44 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
the ending of last night's episode had me talking to myself alone in my house. when a show ends and you absolutely cannot wait for the next episode, you know it is a show that has you hooked. only this show and "the shield" have ever been like this for me

Have you tried Sons of Anarchy?

The showrunner is one of the senior writers from The Shield. It's like crack - highly addictive.

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
we all had bigger issues on our mind last night, but wondering if anyone saw the finale last night. i watched it this morning. awesome ending to an amazing season.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 10:04:56 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It's a great show, but I really can't get too excited about television when the C's are in the Finals, and the World Cup is on ... just doesn't compare for me.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
It was a very good finale.

Now both of the main protagonists are in this thing to the end.

There's no turning back for either of them.

This season has been pretty grand. It focused a lot more on the two principle characters of the series.

The two main players, their relationships, their growth and evolution....all were major focus's of this past season.

No matter how much the two disliked each other this season, they always found their way back to each other some way.

The bond between the two strengthened so greatly this past season...it almost represented the arduous road the Celtics have had this past regular season.

Everything that had happened earlier on in the season came to dramatic climax within the last two episodes...culminating in both main players passing a significant test of survival.

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:44 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
It was a very good finale.

Now both of the main protagonists are in this thing to the end.

There's no turning back for either of them.

This season has been pretty grand. It focused a lot more on the two principle characters of the series.

The two main players, their relationships, their growth and evolution....all were major focus's of this past season.

No matter how much the two disliked each other this season, they always found their way back to each other some way.

The bond between the two strengthened so greatly this past season...it almost represented the arduous road the Celtics have had this past regular season.

Everything that had happened earlier on in the season came to dramatic climax within the last two episodes...culminating in both main players passing a significant test of survival.

in the shield, shawn ryan talked about how it was uncomplicated people trying to make complicated decisions. in breaking bad, it is non gangster people now getting into gangster type scenarios. You have walt ( a nerdy high school chem teacher) and jesse (a  nickel and dime drug dealer, more of a punk than a big time player) really making it big and being asked to deal with the life of a drug lord.

superb season.....cannot wait for season four.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
Be-lated congratulations to 3 Time Consecutive Emmy Award winner Bryan Cranston for Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series. You just gone and done a Larry Bird there Bryan.

Congratz to Aaron Paul for his 1st Emmy win as Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. Much deserved Aaron, kudos & keep it up dude!

It's unfortunate that the academy can't stop slobbering over Mad Men (an excellent show in its own right), but Season 3 of Breaking Bad crushes any season of Mad Men & it was no contest which show should have won the Emmy for Best Drama Series.

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:19 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Be-lated congratulations to 3 Time Consecutive Emmy Award winner Bryan Cranston for Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series. You just gone and done a Larry Bird there Bryan.

Congratz to Aaron Paul for his 1st Emmy win as Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. Much deserved Aaron, kudos & keep it up dude!

It's unfortunate that the academy can't stop slobbering over Mad Men (an excellent show in its own right), but Season 3 of Breaking Bad crushes any season of Mad Men & it was no contest which show should have won the Emmy for Best Drama Series.

Funny... I got laid off a couple weeks ago (already found a new job.. no worries) and spent the last two weeks plowing through all 3 seasons of Breaking Bad and the first 2 seasons of Mad Men.  It took me a while to even understand what the appeal of Mad Men was.  Not a heck of a lot happens.  I'm too far along to quit, though.

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 07:52:23 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
Mad Men is not for everyone.

I enjoy the writing and the acting...but it is very true....a whole heck of nothing goes on in that show.

It's like Seinfeld, only not a comedy and not funny in that vein.

Mad Men is like a period piece....realistic real life...boring...sad..."grind".

Mad Men is not for everyone....just like Citizen Kane might not be on everyone's top 100 film list.

BrBa is the bomb & a lot of people can get into it easily. But there are some who do not like violence and guns and shooting so that is not their cup of tea.

Breaking Bad
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Any fans? Season 5 Premiered last night.

"MAGNETS B*TCH!!"

Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
"I forgive you..."

Mr. Walter White officially Broke Bad this season. You can see that people actually fear him now. Even Mike seems a bit calm around him.

Definitely my favorite TV drama of all-time.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 03:17:31 PM »

Offline InfiniteMH

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
"We're done, when I say we're done."

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I love the show, sadly I'm way behind. I've only seen up to the end of season three
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I love the show, sadly I'm way behind. I've only seen up to the end of season three

Well you're in luck. A case could be made for season 4 being the best of them all.

Love this show. So many awesome characters. Picked up right where it left off, and I think it's going full steam for the entirety of the final 15 episodes. Walt has no limits.

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Well you're in luck. A case could be made for season 4 being the best of them all.

Love this show. So many awesome characters. Picked up right where it left off, and I think it's going full steam for the entirety of the final 15 episodes. Walt has no limits.
  last night was a bit of a letdown but that was to be expected after last season's finale. I really don't know how they could even startf back up after that.  Especially where they've already said this is the final season.
Yup

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33

last night was a bit of a letdown but that was to be expected after last season's finale. I really don't know how they could even startf back up after that.  Especially where they've already said this is the final season.

Mike said something to the effect of, "you have no idea what you've done" when referring to Gus's death. I have a feeling it'll be less about trying to start it back up, and more about the repercussions of killing Gus. That, and avoiding Hank