Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 57574 times)

Breaking Bad
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:03:24 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Well, they made us wait long enough, but the season premier did not disappoint. There was a thread for season one, and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people liked this show.

Would love to hear thoughts, predictions, comments on the opener of season two.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Re: Season Two Of Breaking Bad
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
This is a great show. I'm not really sure where it is going but it is always interesting. If I had to guess, Walt won't ever get caught or tell what he is doing. Also, I think he'll beat cancer. Doctors can always be wrong!!!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: Season Two Of Breaking Bad
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:53:20 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
This is a great show. I'm not really sure where it is going but it is always interesting. If I had to guess, Walt won't ever get caught or tell what he is doing. Also, I think he'll beat cancer. Doctors can always be wrong!!!

I really think if Walt beats the Cancer, seeing how deep he has gone into the "Bad" and how the writers will go about getting Walt out the business....can be very interesting.

But that is still remains to be seen if Walt will beat his cancer.

Right now, I am really liking Jesse growing a pair of balls.

Breaking Bad
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 05:53:05 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
I have started a Breaking Bad thread for the past few seasons, and I know there are some fans of the show out there. Season premier tonight, and I am counting the minutes. Anyone have any thoughts, predictions, just wanna share the enthusiasm? Vince Gilligan says this season is better than the prior two, and Bryan Cranston said you will be happy when the commercials come so you can catch your breath. Of course, what are they going to say, the show is going to stink and has already jumped the shark?  ;D

That being said, it is a great show and I cannot wait to see how they build on last season.

Re: Anyone else excited for the Third Season of Breaking Bad?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I have started a Breaking Bad thread for the past few seasons, and I know there are some fans of the show out there. Season premier tonight, and I am counting the minutes. Anyone have any thoughts, predictions, just wanna share the enthusiasm? Vince Gilligan says this season is better than the prior two, and Bryan Cranston said you will be happy when the commercials come so you can catch your breath. Of course, what are they going to say, the show is going to stink and has already jumped the shark?  ;D

That being said, it is a great show and I cannot wait to see how they build on last season.

I'm in. I can't wait to see Walt screw up his life some more. Although I do wish Direct TV would get AMC HD so I could see him screw up his life more clearer.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I love it!  I grew up in ABQ, and love to see them filming all over the city ... the crappy parts, but still, it's ABQ.   I get a bit bored by the cancer parts, and his relationship at home, but the drug dealing escapades (the thing with Tuco in season 2, and the thing with that dude locked up in the basement in season 1) are freaking awesome!

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Cool Season 3 premiere.

Anyone else cracking up over Walt's speech at the high school gym?

Funny stuff.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
Cool Season 3 premiere.

Anyone else cracking up over Walt's speech at the high school gym?

Funny stuff.

yes, seeing the bright side of that plane crash. classic walt. it seems him and jesse are getting tighter, as walt and sky drift apart. those two dudes at the end are scary and it looks like they are going to have walt trying to get out of the meth world, but i see him being unable to do it. cannot wait for sunday.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
This show any good? Fill me in. I've seen that other people like it but have no idea what it's about...

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
This show any good? Fill me in. I've seen that other people like it but have no idea what it's about...

it is very good and bryan cranston is amazing. unlike some other shows i like (the sopranos, the wire, the shield) i think you can catch up with this one pretty quickly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_bad#Synopsis

season three kicked off and it looks like walt is trying to get out of the drug business, but my guess is that it will be harder than he thinks. these two bad duded came in from mexico and look like they are gunning for walt. if you like dark humor and some good drama, this is an excellent show. IMHO, nothing will ever compare to the shield, but this to me is the best show on tv right now.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
best show on tv next to dexter. brian cranston is so amazing. never knew he was a great actor before this show.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 10:12:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I am up for it but the 1st episode wasn't much. Nothing much happened. I guess those two hitmen were looking pretty scary but nothing new really happened. I'll still be watching it is a great show.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 10:17:09 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
the first episode set up a whole lot as it should. walt dropping the eye cam thingy under the bed and him trying to grab it before skyler knocked on his door. those two badass guys who didn't talk throughout the whole episode. and jesse getting out of rehab. it's going to be an awesome season. season 3 of a 5-6 season tv series is usually the best, in my opinion.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 07:35:32 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
I am up for it but the 1st episode wasn't much. Nothing much happened. I guess those two hitmen were looking pretty scary but nothing new really happened. I'll still be watching it is a great show.

first episode was pretty quiet, agreed, but they are just setting it up. it should really pick up starting tonight. cranston has went on record as saying this is their best season ( what is he supposed to say, but he seemed to really think it was the case).

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
wanted to give this thread a bump...thought the last two episodes were great. Sky really stuck it to walter last night, and you know walter will get his revenge....against sky, ted, or both.

hank is in a downwatd spiral.....all the walls are caving in on walt (jesse, his job, his lawyer, his career as a manufacturer).

when last night was done, just could not hold my excitement for next week....think this season has been good so far.