Author Topic: Are they really making these movies?  (Read 9721 times)

Are they really making these movies?
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:04:07 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Re: Are they really making these movies?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
My guess is that the second two will be watchable, in a "so bad it's amusing" sort of way.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
id like to see gi joe, for the simple fact my man ray park is in it!!!! 

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 12:16:13 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
You just finding out about those movies? They have been public knowledge for some time now.

My vote goes to GI Joe though everything about that movie makes me nervous. I loved that show as a kid. Movies with a lot of characters and a lot of moving parts are hard to do. It's the main reason I wasn't so in love with the X-Men series. There are so many storylines. How can you possibly condense them all into one movie that isn't so long it puts people to sleep? But Snake Eyes was everybody's favorite character and Park is gonna do it so for that reason alone I'm gonna see it just to see if he does him justice.

Despite being extremely hot, I have no faith in Lana Lang from Smallville pulling off an action character and I just have a bad feeling the movie's gonna be just as cartoony as the old Street Fighter movie with Jean-Claude and Raul Julia. The only Street Fighter movie worth watching is the original anime that came out several years ago.

And as for Dragonball...I don't even have words. I'm not gonna try.
As for the Street Fighter
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 12:39:24 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I don't know about GI Joe.  From the preview, it looks way to cartoonish.  I don't know what kind of flips they were doing, but it looks way too fake.

I am having high hopes for the Street Fighter, mainly because I hope it hopes.  The first movie was absolutely horrible, but maybe they can develop a good storyline on this one.  Also, I like focusing on only one character like they are doing on this one (and Wolverine, which looks awesome) because maybe they can do some sequels with other characters as the main focus.  As long as it's not something far fetched.  For the first SF, why couldn't they just do a fighting tournament.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
They All Look Horrible.

Films like GI Joe or the Chun Li movie annoy me the most.  Don't these idiot producers understand that these were popular in the 80s/90s respectively?  Meaning their fans are probably in the 20-35 range now.  Do they want to see childish, cartoonish films with caricature actors?  They just can't seem to wise up and make the movies for the appropriate fan base, and instead make overblown "kidsaction" movies.

The biggest example I can think of for this was the new Ninja Turtles movie.  For those who ever read the comic books, the original stle was brutal and gritty.  It would have been a great time to adapt the Ninja Turtles back into their original form, and it would be a new spin and appeal to the now 20-something fan base.

Instead they made a movie for kids... from 1993.

/rant off

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
DragonBall is deeper than u think...
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'll [dang] sure be watching Street Fighter I don't care how badly it sucks.

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
YO JOE!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 11:07:07 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I like that series  edgar, but it deserve's alot of the flak it gets. They dra

But, on the other hand, it was never ment to be an adult anime. It was ment for 8-12 year olds (manga and anime) but somehow gained a older following.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 11:13:41 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Growing up in Brazil, we had a lot of Japanese cartoon and shows.  I remember growing up watching Jiraya and Jaspen (not sure the spelling) which were an earlier form of Power Rangers.  The best cartoon though were Knights of Zodiac.  I don't know if anyone has seen it, but I loved the storyline.  It was something about these knights that had special armors and they had to fight against other guys.  However, for a long time (must've been one or two seasons) they had to fight their princess (or maybe just a friend) but in order to get to her, they had to fight the knights with the armors according to the horoscope.  Each horoscope knight had some kind of history connecting to the main characters and some of the main characters (each character had their special armor and move).  So each character had the special moves against a specific horoscope knight.  The coolest thing though is that they didn't always win (although sometimes they died and kept coming back to life in some random place).

Anyway, if you're into Japanese anime, check that one out.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I am pretty sure they will all be terrible. I really hate dragon ball so I don't care, actually I liked GI JOE and Street Fighter, but I really don't care about those either.

Hey why not remake something old and popular, it's way easier than actually thinking and making something new.

Kids today need to get their own stuff, I am tired of them biting off all the things I had as a kid. I know their not the ones making these things, but it's a little frustrating seeing the watered down versions of things I loved as a child.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

I like that series  edgar, but it deserve's alot of the flak it gets. They dra

But, on the other hand, it was never ment to be an adult anime. It was ment for 8-12 year olds (manga and anime) but somehow gained a older following.

I was 50% sarcastic in that comment
because the other half of me love the serie
specially the Freezer and the cel runs. ( lapsus in the japanese name for the group of episodes)

I will watch it no matter if i am the only one in the video rent who ever rent it.
lol...
And even if my wife use that time to go partying with her friends
and gives me the ure a strange man look...lol

Nice to be back!

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Growing up in Brazil, we had a lot of Japanese cartoon and shows.  I remember growing up watching Jiraya and Jaspen (not sure the spelling) which were an earlier form of Power Rangers.  The best cartoon though were Knights of Zodiac.  I don't know if anyone has seen it, but I loved the storyline.  It was something about these knights that had special armors and they had to fight against other guys.  However, for a long time (must've been one or two seasons) they had to fight their princess (or maybe just a friend) but in order to get to her, they had to fight the knights with the armors according to the horoscope.  Each horoscope knight had some kind of history connecting to the main characters and some of the main characters (each character had their special armor and move).  So each character had the special moves against a specific horoscope knight.  The coolest thing though is that they didn't always win (although sometimes they died and kept coming back to life in some random place).

Anyway, if you're into Japanese anime, check that one out.

Amonkey youre welcome to join the anime thread
look for it under television on off topic forums....
Me for my self love saint seya but master Crownsy showed me
a couple of other good ones lately
U can check them on animecrazy.net or other place
For starts i recommend
the obvious

Code Geass and death note, hope u like them

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I still want to watch Transformers and I sorta hope these are good movies, but the problem is that inevitably if they are good they'll start coming out with movies aimed at women like "Shera Princess of Power" and "Rainbow Brite the movie".  Lucky for me my wife is Euro and won't ask me to see these, but you will all be screwed