Author Topic: All against the Mcdonald's Filet-O-Fish Commercial  (Read 14504 times)

Re: All against the Mcdonald's Filet-O-Fish Commercial
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 10:20:48 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
one of the stupidest commercials ever, but hey, it was effective. we're talking about it now aren't we?

Become Legendary.

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Talking about food commercials, I have to give credit to Dunkin Donuts marketing crew.  They have done a great job appealing to the majority of the population by targeting their product to the working class joe.  In some cases, they're comercials are funny and they maintain that image that it's okay to go to Dunkin for coffee all the time because that's the way America does it.

Agreed.  I had a seinfeld-type moment when I ordered a large coffee at starbucks, the clerk says "You mean Vente?"  "No large".  Went back and forth 3 times before he gave up.

Oh, by the way, you aren't a barrista.  You serve me coffee.  If the guy at the jiffy lube told you to start calling him a mechanistati, would you?

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
best part of the commercial is the casio sounding loop in the background, if he were still here Miracle Johann would be proud
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
one of the stupidest commercials ever, but hey, it was effective. we're talking about it now aren't we?

That is true.  When I lived in Brazil, there was this terrible local supermarket commercial where a little cartoon flower would go around shopping while singing an extremely annoying song (sung by a little girl I assume).  Anyway, the commercial was incredibly bad.  It looked like it was made in the 70's with the technology used to make it.  However, it caught on.  I remember in school everybody knew the lyrics to the song which is pretty good for a local commercial.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 04:22:45 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
I don't understand why all commercials don't have some stupid jingle. Isn't that the easiest way to get the name of the product in your head? I can think of a few off the top of my head:

1-800-54-GIANT...who you going to call when your windsheld's busted...call GIANT GLASS.

ADT...we're home even when you're not.

any of the FreeCreditReport.com commercials

I know I am missing a few...

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

People are talking about it - so it's a success.

pretty basic formula, nice work Mickey D's

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
I can't wait to see that commercial. It isreally ingenious. I crack up every time I watch it, and guess what else!!! I also love filet of fish and filet of fish at MacDonalds. Actually, not to like fish in Boston is a no-no. Also, not to like fish at MacDonalds since the first MacDonalds ever built was outside of Bostron. Bet you guys didn't even know that. At the Quincy Bridge on the way to Nantasket Beach and Hull. 1964 I think. Around that time. Anyhow, I really enjoy that commercial and the fish sandwhich at Macs is not bad at all.

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 06:22:35 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
"Give Me Back that filet-o-fish!"

Won't eat at McDonald's, still love it.

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
It's a great commercial.

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
My two year old son loves it! He has me rewind it when it comes on, I actually find my self singing it the last couple of weeks.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Talking about food commercials, I have to give credit to Dunkin Donuts marketing crew.  They have done a great job appealing to the majority of the population by targeting their product to the working class joe.  In some cases, they're comercials are funny and they maintain that image that it's okay to go to Dunkin for coffee all the time because that's the way America does it.

Agreed.  I had a seinfeld-type moment when I ordered a large coffee at starbucks, the clerk says "You mean Vente?"  "No large".  Went back and forth 3 times before he gave up.

Oh, by the way, you aren't a barrista.  You serve me coffee.  If the guy at the jiffy lube told you to start calling him a mechanistati, would you?

T.

P.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
My wife told me the fish sandwich from Wendy's is awesome.Which is funny because we eat fast food maybe once a year, not counting subway or D'angelo's we at there maybe four times a year between the two.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Apparently this commercial was created by some Boston advertising agency. Go figure.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
One of the greatest comercials ever.

It's got a catchy tune.

It's funny.

It's probably selling a ton for them.