Author Topic: LeBron and HGH  (Read 36642 times)

Re: LeBron and HGH
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2009, 01:11:55 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Steroids properly used can help any kind of athlete achieve greatness. They have a large toolchest to work with and can vary the dosage and kinds of steroids to really alter the body in amazing ways.

Amateurs who just take steroids (and this is why A-Rod tried to paint himself this way) don't see the same kind of results a careful regimen would produce. With access to whatever chems are available and over the counter crap they usually just get bulky at best. But it's possible to speed recovery time, lower body fat and increase muscle mass. One need not get bulky or musclebound. Even endurance athletes like Lance Armstrong could benefit the right combo of PEDs.

That being said there are people (and many of them are pro athletes) who are far more gifted then you or me. They NATURALLY have a great deal of fast twitch muscle, and NATURALLY carry a great deal more testosterone.

This makes it very difficult to just eyeball people and determine they used steroids. It's especially hard with Lebron because well from moment I saw him he was pretty cut and big. It's possible that he doesn't use PED and just near the extremes of what can be naturally achieved.

I'd say former Celtics Ben Wallace and Brandon Hunter certainly had the "Lebron" body type and could have done PEDs. But we don't really know.. Some former Sox players that struck me as suspicious was Brady Anderson and Nomar.. Guys who achieving amazing greatness for a small period of time..

If the NBA doesn't do testing - they should. Even sports like tennis which features rather skinny guys test. Heck GOLF should test..

Tidbit though - I saw Roger Clemens tooling around a department store. The guy was really huge in person. He gives new meaning to descripition "barrel chested." So I disagree with the poster who thinks he has an average soft ball body. Maybe on TV he does but not up close in person..

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2009, 03:03:29 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
As far as James being on Roids I can't say. At this point it wouldn't suprise me if Eddie House's son was on roids. So who knows. 

One of the suppliers the MLB has been investigating has said that he has supplied NBA players with roids (or HGH, I'm not sure).  He said there were some big names and that there were a lot of them.  And that's just him. 

There's a difference between 'Roids and HGH.  Players use 'Roids to get bigger and stronger.  They use HGH to recover from injuries.  MLB is actually now researching to see if they should legalise HGH.  They want to see if they are dangerous to the players and/or if they give them any other advantage.  If all HGH does is help you recover then they should not be banned.  (obviously it would be given to the player by team doctors to aid in injury recovery)

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2009, 07:33:27 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I'm no expert in workout and supplementation - however I have a close friend that is. And he's worked with guys whose names are infamous for steroids. (Think of the 5 biggest steroid cases and pick 2 names, he knows them personally.)

A couple things: steroids (at the least traditional kind) require a comprehensive workout regimen. HgH and EPO are the lazy man's versions: you get results without much work.

In terms of why I said you can get the results and go off without losing the effect - that's based on a fact of fitness - once a certain level is achieved, you can maintain that level easier than the break through. So for a 100m sprinter, he can't take a break because the competition is getting better. But for a guy who wants to add strength to compliment his game, he could maintain that strength without using the same substances he used to achieve.

Football and Baseball have both have their steroid problems, I'm sure NBA is due.

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would be surprised to eventually see absolutely no one player's name associated with PEDs. One thing I've learned from watching wrestling with my boys as they grew up is that men with the stretched skin look, with veins popping out of their bodies, that look like human adonises, and are fast as all get go, usually are on PEDs.

That said, I don't buy some of the accounts that basketball isn't conducive to steroid users because of the large muscle, small muscle and basketball movement explanation. Football running backs, football cornerbacks, footbal wide receivers, and even the linemen have to make sharp cuts and adgustments in their moves all the time and it's never stopped PEDs from being a regular happening in football.

So for me, take some of the extremely strong and muscularly defined players in the NBA who have unbelievable hops and stamina and I say, hold them in question. Hold them all in question. They all make big money, can afford them, and have access to them. I convinced NBA players use them just not sure which ones.

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
What good is all his muscle when he can't stop Pierce from mopping the floor with him?

So true! ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
personally, i've always wondered if tracy mcgrady is juicing...the guy has been hurt so much that you have to wonder what's in his system.
Is there irony here that I'm missing? One of the main attractions of certain PED's is that they help with recovery time. If anything, McGrady's injuries suggest that he isn't using. Playing basketball at the NBA level (heck, even a few below) is punishing to the body, and people have been getting hurt for as long as they've been playing the game.

(And if I just missed your sarcasm, forgive me.)
While PEDs are known to quicken recovery time, they are also known to cause some athletes to injure themselves frequently. Andy wasn't being sarcastic.

it's amazing what you learn when you look on the internet...

...i'm not in the medical field, but i did sleep in a holiday inn some time ago.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2009, 08:53:43 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Rondo needs to be checked out.

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2009, 09:00:17 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Signed...

There are players in this league that can jump like Lebron - Green, Gay, Smith.

There are players in this league that can run like Lebron - Rondo, Ford, Harris.

There are players in this league that can push like Lebron - Perkins, Maxiell, Evans.

There are very few players in history that can do it all like Lebron... Bo Jackson?
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2009, 09:54:42 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
 Andre Iguodala for the Sixers got bigger and quicker over the summer...if you remember him from a season or two ago he was nowhere as massive and quick as he is now.

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2009, 09:58:57 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
LeBron definitely makes you wonder about PED's but the thing I never trusted is his age.  When he came into the league, he looked like about 25 (not 18).  Now he is supposed to be 24 and looks more like 30.  Maybe the drugs are his fountain of youth (like Clemens).  I don't know how they could have hidden him from the world for years when he was young but hey, since we are doing totally unfounded speculation, what the heck.

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:10 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
What good is all his muscle when he can't stop Pierce from mopping the floor with him?
thats a tp.... you beat me to it  ;D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if any athlete this day and age were tested positive for some type of steroid, hgh, or anything else.

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Massive cardio at high levels of intensity will release plenty of endorphins, making creatine supplementation unnecessary. And the effects of this "runner's high" can last up to 23 hours thereafter, allowing for the most intense workouts with the heaviest weights with "minimal" pain during that window

Lifting the heaviest weights w/o pain isn't the issue; it's recovery time. I know tri-athletes, strength/cardio maniacs, and they are sinewy and strong, not bulky (plus ripped). This is the profile of a typical, high end martial artist and yes, they look great but it's a dense type of ripped look. Part of it is due to a type of overtraining where the upper body muscles don't get enough downtime for the bulk to build.

What hGH will do, in the above scenario is cause the muscle to recover, esp for a younger guy who already makes plenty of hGH naturally, and is a huge boost for a tri-athelete where he essentially becomes Billy Blanks overnight, as oppose to a Jet Li finer build, during the same training period. Realize, Blanks had been training his entire life to look the way like he does; he didn't do it over a year.

So whenever I see an office worker, with a lot of upper torso muscles but an unfit appearance, big gut or weak legs, that's more appropriate for a weightlifter, who gets plenty of recovery time, but a relatively undifferentiated workout program where the upper body gets huge but the lower body stays essentially the same. If this person was also an avid runner (or rower, skier, etc), the upper body wouldn't have been as bulky because he'd have less recovery time overall.

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I would be surprised to eventually see absolutely no one player's name associated with PEDs. One thing I've learned from watching wrestling with my boys as they grew up is that men with the stretched skin look, with veins popping out of their bodies, that look like human adonises, and are fast as all get go, usually are on PEDs.

That said, I don't buy some of the accounts that basketball isn't conducive to steroid users because of the large muscle, small muscle and basketball movement explanation. Football running backs, football cornerbacks, footbal wide receivers, and even the linemen have to make sharp cuts and adgustments in their moves all the time and it's never stopped PEDs from being a regular happening in football.

So for me, take some of the extremely strong and muscularly defined players in the NBA who have unbelievable hops and stamina and I say, hold them in question. Hold them all in question. They all make big money, can afford them, and have access to them. I convinced NBA players use them just not sure which ones.

nick please tell me you looked at LeBron when he was shooting at the foul line. The veins in his arms/shoulders (which are also huge) were about to explode it looked like, and the scariest part was the dude wasn't breathing hard at all, looked like he had just woke up from a nap (that was deep in the 4th quarter also). LeBron looks like the type of guy a cop would have to triple handcuff since he could probably break out of the first ones. Has anyone else noticed the massive amount of stretch marks all over his upper body (they are hard to see since his skin is dark) Perk has them also but it's mostly on his shoulders where most of his muscle is, but LeBron has it ALL over him.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Rondo needs to be checked out.

yep. if were going on the eye test to condemn people, rajon is way jacked for his body type.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion