Author Topic: LeBron and HGH  (Read 36759 times)

Re: LeBron and HGH
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2009, 07:02:52 PM »

Offline Danimals

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
It reminded me of a recent conversation I had with a guy who is an absolute workout freak - he uses basic over the counter supplements and he's as strong as an ox. But he's not ripped in the same way a steroids guy is. He said you just don't huge like an A-Rod or Bonds without ultra-low body fat naturally. Now I'll be the first to take that message with a grain of salt - I'm sure there are people who can get ripped with low body fat naturally.

1) Getting big fast is easy. Just work out hard and eat 7-8 high protein, high carb meals every day. Doesn't matter if he's on whey protein isolates or meats and potatoes, massive indigestion will be part of his daily life.

So, someone needs to investigate. Follow LBJ around. If he doesn't smell like someone on a 20,000 calorie baked bean diet, something is not natural.

2) Also, to get big and stay ripped requires lots of running as well. Do some more investigation. If he isn't running 5-10+ miles every day, while "blowing away" everyone (behind him), then definitely something unnatural is up.

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2009, 07:06:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
It reminded me of a recent conversation I had with a guy who is an absolute workout freak - he uses basic over the counter supplements and he's as strong as an ox. But he's not ripped in the same way a steroids guy is. He said you just don't huge like an A-Rod or Bonds without ultra-low body fat naturally. Now I'll be the first to take that message with a grain of salt - I'm sure there are people who can get ripped with low body fat naturally.

1) Getting big fast is easy. Just work out hard and eat 7-8 high protein, high carb meals every day. Doesn't matter if he's on whey protein isolates or meats and potatoes, massive indigestion will be part of his daily life.

So, someone needs to investigate. Follow LBJ around. If he doesn't smell like someone on a 20,000 calorie baked bean diet, something is not natural.

2) Also, to get big and stay ripped requires lots of running as well. Do some more investigation. If he isn't running 5-10+ miles every day, while "blowing away" everyone (behind him), then definitely something unnatural is up.

Lol

"follow him around and smell his farts, i don't trust em"

If were going to randomly accuse people because they are more jacked than HS, anyone remember perk when he came in the league and was no where near as jacked as he is today?

I always assumed he got bigger because he grew and worked with NBA strength and conditioning people, but now im not so sure. I need his farts smelled. any volunteers?

I mean, if were just throwing random accusations around, Perk and leon are both vastly more jacked than thier HS/college days, respectively.

I mean, can't be growing a bit in perks case, and hard work for them both, clearly roids, my eyes tell me so.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I don't know if LBJ or anyone else in basketball is taking roids.
however i love the game and i do not want to see it go the way of mlb (and the nfl... no question those dudes are juiced.)
i' am not opposed to testing and i believe that a positive result should be grounds for expulsion from the league.

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
interesting topic, I for one, am surprised people aren't more willing to speculate about all athletes.  Lebron is an absolute freak, he is so unnaturally big I can't understand why anyone would be surprised he was using PEDs by just looking at him.

But I would be very surprised if he were using them without having seen other players (whether in HS or nba) use them.  with the hype that has always followed him, to just go out on a limb at the age of 17 or whatever and assume using something like HGH wouldn't cause massive negative side effects (more injuries, slowing you down as your muscle mass increases, taking away leaping ability) would be absolutely foolish on his part.  It makes sense with Arod and others because we can now assume they were surrounded by it, but for whatever reason I have a tougher time believing it is as prevalent in the NBA.

either way I'd love to hear an expert's opinion.

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
personally, i've always wondered if tracy mcgrady is juicing...the guy has been hurt so much that you have to wonder what's in his system.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2009, 09:08:25 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Markketch,

Did you ever notice the tree trunks for legs on both Pettitt and Clemens?  Clemens thighs were massive.  And I seriously doubt that guys in your softball league had hammy's and quad's like Clemens.  Give me a break.

And are we really to be so shocked IF Lebron started juicing in high school, since we ALL know that no high school athletes use roids.  I know plenty of guys roiding and I can tell rather quickly if a guy, or girl for that matter, is juicing.  I consider it one of my two gifts, that and being able to tell if a girl has had a boob job:-))))))))))

Smitty77
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:15:52 PM by Smitty77 »

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »

Offline phaze

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
personally, i've always wondered if tracy mcgrady is juicing...the guy has been hurt so much that you have to wonder what's in his system.

It would be naive to think bball players aren't and haven't been using PEDs on a level pretty close to what has been going on in other (every) sports, during the same time.

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »

Offline PJ Martinez

• Oshae Brissett
Is there irony here that I'm missing? One of the main attractions of certain PED's is that they help with recovery time. If anything, McGrady's injuries suggest that he isn't using. Playing basketball at the NBA level (heck, even a few below) is punishing to the body, and people have been getting hurt for as long as they've been playing the game.

(And if I just missed your sarcasm, forgive me.)

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2009, 09:52:48 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

Seems rational to me.

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2009, 10:44:48 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Is there irony here that I'm missing? One of the main attractions of certain PED's is that they help with recovery time. If anything, McGrady's injuries suggest that he isn't using. Playing basketball at the NBA level (heck, even a few below) is punishing to the body, and people have been getting hurt for as long as they've been playing the game.

(And if I just missed your sarcasm, forgive me.)
While PEDs are known to quicken recovery time, they are also known to cause some athletes to injure themselves frequently. Andy wasn't being sarcastic.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
I mean, can't be growing a bit in perks case

Well, there's a bit of a difference between Perk's and LeBron's growth. Perk's rookie year had little, practically no garbage minutes, of actual playtime. The year was little more than time for him to do upper body weight training and lower body aerobics, during team practice drills. As a result, within a year and half, he was Perkules and that would actually fit his workout profile. The recovery time matches what he was asked to do, for the 1st year. I'd seen this with sedentary office workers, who only lift, and don't take to the running/rowing regimens. They become stocky but don't have much cardiovascular conditioning.

On the other hand, LeBron's been constantly working out, since his start as a franchise player, esp in cardiovascular as well as overall strength training. All and all, that type of schedule, makes one lean and sinewy, not bulked up. Also, if one used HGH, it rapidly metabolizes into IGF and other subhormones which then assist in rapid recovery. It's not a analog/derivative of testosterone which is easy to test for. HGH disappears in the system, within an hour; and even its subsequent metabolites don't have lengthy residence periods.

In a way, it would have allowed LeBron to make incredible changes, in both his bulk and durability, for his first couple of years in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if someone discovers that he has a stash somewhere but then again, you can't really *test* for it, unless you entrap him.

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man

While PEDs are known to quicken recovery time, they are also known to cause some athletes to injure themselves frequently. Andy wasn't being sarcastic.

How does that work? But I believe what you are saying, I knew someone who used it to help him recover, ever since, he's been injury-prone.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2009, 12:02:55 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

How does that work? But I believe what you are saying, I knew someone who used it to help him recover, ever since, he's been injury-prone.
Oh, I'm not a doctor. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  :D

Yeah, I have no idea how this acutally works, but I do know that what I said above is true, from hearing and learning so much about PEDs over the years.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 12:11:10 AM by Toine43 »

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2009, 12:11:36 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Uhm, yes, they did.

Dude, give me a break.

When you think of guys on steroids you picture Andy Pettit and Roger Clemens? Please.

This is what I get for using two Yankees as an example, a totally biased response.  ::)

Really?  First, have you lifted a weight in your life?  Their size and girth simply is not normal.  Look at the diameter of their craniums.  Look at how big Clemens got from '84 to '04. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Also, who you calling biased, son?  I'm a Yankees fan, for the record.

fwiw, I agree with you that Clemens looked juiced. He was pretty slender when he broke into the league. Of course Andy didn't look juiced imho,but he hardly uded so he wouldn't look like he did.

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2009, 12:39:01 AM »

Offline Danimals

• Xavier Tillman
I mean, can't be growing a bit in perks case

Well, there's a bit of a difference between Perk's and LeBron's growth. Perk's rookie year had little, practically no garbage minutes, of actual playtime. The year was little more than time for him to do upper body weight training and lower body aerobics, during team practice drills. As a result, within a year and half, he was Perkules and that would actually fit his workout profile. The recovery time matches what he was asked to do, for the 1st year. I'd seen this with sedentary office workers, who only lift, and don't take to the running/rowing regimens. They become stocky but don't have much cardiovascular conditioning.

On the other hand, LeBron's been constantly working out, since his start as a franchise player, esp in cardiovascular as well as overall strength training. All and all, that type of schedule, makes one lean and sinewy, not bulked up. Also, if one used HGH, it rapidly metabolizes into IGF and other subhormones which then assist in rapid recovery. It's not a analog/derivative of testosterone which is easy to test for. HGH disappears in the system, within an hour; and even its subsequent metabolites don't have lengthy residence periods.

In a way, it would have allowed LeBron to make incredible changes, in both his bulk and durability, for his first couple of years in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if someone discovers that he has a stash somewhere but then again, you can't really *test* for it, unless you entrap him.

Actually, LBJ can do massive cardio and gain bulk up at the same time. Getting big and ripped requires massive cardio.

1) Massive cardio at high levels of intensity will release plenty of endorphins, making creatine supplementation unnecessary. And the effects of this "runner's high" can last up to 23 hours thereafter, allowing for the most intense workouts with the heaviest weights with "minimal" pain during that window.

2) Massive cardio at high levels of intensity will also burn the maximum amount of calories (which would then require replenishment). Massive inrush of food into the system, especially 7-8 times a day, would constantly spike insulin levels off the charts. Since insulin is one of the body's most anabolic hormones, such a workout-diet routine would lead to massive muscle development.

(If you do the opposite - massive cardio followed by fasting for 8 hours -, your body would interpret this to mean that you wish to look more like a Kenyan marathon runner. Glucagon would be released from the pancreas. Glucagon is catabolic. You will quickly lose all of that burdensome muscular bulk (e.g. to chase that gazelle more successfully).

It's as simple as your body evolving to meet your needs, given the instructions you give it, unwittingly or not. Human beings getting big and ripped seems pretty mild compared to frogs changing gender (if left in a single-gender environment).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 12:44:57 AM by Danimals »