Author Topic: LeBron and HGH  (Read 36732 times)

Re: LeBron and HGH
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 05:35:53 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
In 2001/2 I was posting some inside knowledge about Bonds and steroids and the stats geeks were flipping out. Turned out the problem was much worse than even my sources knew. People were arguing that pitchers couldn't benefit etc. and in disbelief when I challenged that notion with specific information from those in the know.

I have no specific knowledge about the NBA (don't have the connections) but its beyond comprehension to me that it's not pervasive. Just remember Lebron had incentive to use in HS too.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
scalabrine must be on pizza...
If he isn't he's using cheesecake or milkshakes.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
EVERY player has incentive to use PEDs, that doesn't mean they do or would even consider it.

A lot of you are neglecting that not every PED makes you bigger and stronger. Some simply aide in regeneration and conditioning. 

Look at Andy Pettit and Roger Clemens - did those guys look like they were juicing???

So yes, even Brian Scalabrine can be using PEDs. If you're going to assume one player users, then you must assume all use.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Some of this is just getting ridiculous...

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 05:54:37 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
And whose to say Yao didn't grow up on HGH? Most HGH comes from China. LeBron is too big, too fast, too strong..must be steroids!

We could go around sports doing this all day. We need to put more faith in our athletes. They are all innocent until proven guilty and we should let the league take care of that. All this steroid talk really takes the fun out of sports. I know its really out there but I'm so sick of hearing about it.

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 06:21:32 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

Look at Andy Pettit and Roger Clemens - did those guys look like they were juicing???

Uhm, yes, they did.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 06:23:01 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
I agree with this:
All this steroid talk really takes the fun out of sports. I know its really out there but I'm so sick of hearing about it.

I disagree with this:
We need to put more faith in our athletes.

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
Uhm, yes, they did.

Dude, give me a break.

When you think of guys on steroids you picture Andy Pettit and Roger Clemens? Please.

This is what I get for using two Yankees as an example, a totally biased response.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:42:03 PM by markketch »

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
We can all be suspicious all we want, but to start this without a shred of evidence besides "Look at him", this is just wrong.

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 06:45:05 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Lamest thread ever. He's gotten bigger because he's 23 years old. I know I've gotten bigger since I was 18...

Shame on you for making me defend LeBron.

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I believe it. Once you get jacked, you don't need to be on HGH anymore, benefits achieved.

completely untrue, but don't let that stop you.

Case in point- Mike piazza, who it was whispered used HGH at the least by a ton of NYM beat writers. He quit (they speculate) in 2003 when his legandary back acne problems suddenly cleared up. he's never been anywhere near as big since then.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I think its pretty foolish to speculate on this, mostly because of what the NBA has to lose. Look at the MLB..the damage done when Bonds, Clemens and now A-rod all have been proven to use PED's. The NBA's ref scandal would seem like a improper recruiting call next to Lebron's PED scandal. This would dominate papers, blogs, sports television for weeks, and people wouldn't stop talking about it for decades. If we're thinking this, you know David Stern has thought about it, and you know he's looked into it. He's def not the type of guy to idly sit by while this situation could be going on. Sometimes you just have to trust that these guys aren't complete idiots.

I don't think it's out the question in this day of age for PED that the NBA should be exempt from criticism. While this article on the association's drug testing policy I found is a bit dated, and focuses more on pot use, it clearly demonstrates how ridiculously easy it would be to use HGH or steroids and not get caught. David Stern lost the last strand of integrity with the way he handled the whole Donaghy/referee fiasco so I don't see why anyone would have any confidence in how he could handle this any differently.

http://www.infoimagination.org/ps/drug_war/articles/nba.html

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 06:50:45 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Uhm, yes, they did.

Dude, give me a break.

When you think of guys on steroids you picture Andy Pettit and Roger Clemens? Please.

This is what I get for using two Yankees as an example, a totally biased response.  ::)

Really?  First, have you lifted a weight in your life?  Their size and girth simply is not normal.  Look at the diameter of their craniums.  Look at how big Clemens got from '84 to '04. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Also, who you calling biased, son?  I'm a Yankees fan, for the record.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2009, 06:50:53 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Uhm, yes, they did.

celmens looked like he was juicing on chicken wings maybe.

and Andy was never a guy who looked super jacked, dont kid yourself.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
So people are saying that no time in the history of man has there been a natural freak athlete coming out of high school?  To say yes or no know without any proof is stupid.  Speculation is fine given the recent PED drama.  

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens

Really?  First, have you lifted a weight in your life?  Their size and girth simply is not normal.  Look at the diameter of their craniums.  Look at how big Clemens got from '84 to '04. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Also, who you calling biased, son?  I'm a Yankees fan, for the record.

Ahaha, wow. Andy and Roger aren't normal? Roger looks like 85% of the guys I play softball with in the summer, and Andy has an athletes build - because he's an athlete!

Really, Roger Clemens got bigger over a 20 YEAR SPAN?  OMG! CALL THE PRESS! A HUMAN'S BODY DEVELOP OVER TWO DECADES OF STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING! AHHHHHH!

If you think Andy & Roger are superior athletic specimens and not "normal" you have no idea what YOU are talking about.