Author Topic: Monta Ellis  (Read 2785 times)

Monta Ellis
« on: March 06, 2009, 02:12:02 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
I can't sugarcoat it, what the hell is wrong with this guy?!

Monta Ellis left the team to attend to a family matter, but sources tell Marcus Thompson that it is in part a protest.

Ellis didn't stick around for the team photo, which was taken last Friday before the Warriors' home game against Charlotte. Also, according to the sources, he left with an amount of luggage that suggested he wasn't coming back soon.

According to sources, Ellis has talked about wanting to be traded during moments of frustration on the court

You get your first big contract are annointed the new face of the franchise and you hurt yourself on a [dang] moped.
Then you and your agent complain about the fact that the Warriors suspend you for being a knucklehead.

Now your walking out of team photos and leaving the team 2/3's of the way through a season you've barely been a part of.

I hate to say things like this, but Monta Ellis is everything that's wrong with the NBA. He's unappreciative, uncommitted, and unproffesional. 
Not happy with the way things are going? You're "The Man" now, do do something about it! Have a problem with the coach or management? Act like a marquee player and have a discussion! Have a problem with the style of play? Take some leadership and confront the issue with you teammates!

Monta basically has said "I'm taking my ball and going home." waahhh...waahhhh...waahhh

This story really is a shame. Golden State is a passionate and admirable fanbase that deserves so much better. 

"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

Re: Monta Ellis
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Yea it's not like they're not paying him, which they could have done with that contract. He should be doing everything in his power to get back in good relations with GS.

I'm sure he's p---ed that the money he got fined cost him one of his eight cars that he owns. How's he going to feed his kids now?

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yea it's not like they're not paying him, which they could have done with that contract. He should be doing everything in his power to get back in good relations with GS.

I'm sure he's ****ed that the money he got fined cost him one of his eight cars that he owns. How's he going to feed his kids now?

i was hoping they'd void his contract so that he could play somewhere good.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • We not Me
The franchise gave Monta the key’s to the car and said “we’re going as far as you take us.” His response was to crash it and complain that he doesn’t think they’re going fast enough…

This guy is less than a year into a 66 Million Dollar deal and is complaining about the team? Give me a break!

The second you sign a multiyear contract with a franchise, you have multiple years worth of accountability. He is in debt that franchise up to his ears, yet he feels like they owe him something.

As far as voiding his contract, that would be fair karma in this economy. Let him sign somewhere for the MLE and never see $11M a season again...
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Welcome to the NBA, huzy! 
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 03:19:54 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • We not Me
TP for that, dawg...

Fair enough!  :-X
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Let's credit draftexpress for pointing out these character issues with Ellis before he was even drafted:

His intangibles are also somewhat questionable. Ellis has consistently shown a poor attitude and immaturity, pouting when things don't go his way or when the ball isn't in his hands for more than 5 seconds. He refused to shake anyone's hand at the end of the McDonalds game, because he was mad at his coach for not giving him more minutes at the PG spot (see links). His body language on the court looks very poor at times, while his quotes in the media make him look like an extremely cocky and arrogant young man. If he's already so full of himself at this point, when basically no one outside of NBA draft circles and Mississippi State fans knows his name, what's he going to be like in 5 years?
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Monta-Ellis-289/

By the way, completely unrelated except via the GSW connection, I saw Andris Biedrins yesterday.  He is a tall tall dude!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 04:37:19 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

I'm sure he's ****ed that the money he got fined cost him one of his eight cars that he owns. How's he going to feed his kids now?

to be fair, last I read the team was still claiming they were considering voiding the contract or were still claiming they could and trying to hold it over his head.

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

i was hoping they'd void his contract so that he could play somewhere good.

I'm guessing GS lost their taste for voiding contracts when Sprewell was there.